Friday, December 22, 2017

Christmas Tree Fiesta Themed Idea with Loteria Cards: The Destiny of Things, Story 494

Christmas Tree Fiesta Themed Idea with Loteria Cards:  The Destiny of Things, Story 494

So fiesta with an update photo!  BEFORE:

54 loteria art game cards DIY ACEO ATC garlands table confetti gift tags centerpiece Day of the Dead New Year's taco fiesta weddings birthday decorations party craft alternative tarot supply, available here
This for the loteria deck of cards only, if you would like the game boards only, which will make 150+ mini hanging ornaments, they are at our other shop, JunkDrawerAndMore, here

The fun note I received with an update photo!

I just received my Loteria cards and I absolutely love them. They worked perfectly for my fiesta themed Christmas tree. I would say that the little gifts that were included with my package really made my day. There were some cute little bits and bobbles that I thought were very thoughtful and quite unexpected. I will definitely be shopping at your store again. Thank you so muchfor the inspiration!

AFTER:

How amazing is that!  Topped with a sombrero, a clever bandolier garland, accented with 54 loteria cards easily made into tree ornaments and other fiesta themed decorations!  Love the 2 pinatas, the star for Christmas Eve and the donkey for Christmas day?  
Thank you Etsy buyer for taking the time to share!

Saying Goodbye:  So fun and inspirational.  What an imaginative and simple way to use a deck of loteria cards!  Just punch some holes and hang with twine or metal ornament holder or put on a string and wrap it on!  I have a ton of these cards saved and use them in my mixed media art, my Frida Kahlo inspired cards just sold this week too!

Just in case, you are wondering what the back or each card look like, it's the ombre card with the fleur de lis symbols on the back, 54 loteria deck of cards, available here or 5 or 10 loteria game boards to make 75 to 150 mini hanging ornaments, here

What I Learned:

1.  These loteria cards are so versatile to make any fiesta party the most festive!  They can be used as easily made DIY garlands and table decorations, examples are table confetti, candle holders, hang off of party drink bottles, party favor bag decor and so much more.  We sell a lot of these and each listing have a lot of different examples of how to create with them!

I learn all the time from Etsy buyers, who'd ever know how much fun these are to create with in so many different ways!

2.  Yesterday I spent hours cleaning and organizing our art and music room, which was hoarded up from ceiling to floor with boxes with just an O path to move about the room!  I got rid of a lot of saved paper ephemera and a ton of empty boxes!  So much so, their is a  4 foot by 4 foot empty space now, lol and the place is starting to look emptied to me, even the hubs noticed, but I guess I'll have to take a photo because my hoarder brain doesn't seem to see the hoard, unless it's in photo form.

Usually I only spend 15 min a day in there daily, which comes out to really about 3 times a week, but the baby steps over the years are starting to add up!

3.  My holiday dreads turned into holiday blues and now they are mostly gone!  Every year I get them and usually get them terribly, but the last 5 years I've been consciously working on it and all the little baby steps I've taken have turned into a milestone pay off!  I'm so excited and happy this holiday, it's like a switch from night to day!

How are you doing this Christmas?  I am so thankful my whole life is steadily on the mend!

These have the same 54 graphics as the deck of cards, but mini sized game board style.  These make simple fiesta cupcake toppers, when cut and glued or taped to a toothpick or even just added to stand alone in some heavy frosting, or make a mini cake garland or mini hanging ornaments, glitter glue around the edges to make tea light votive candle holders of favor bags.  The listing photos, shows all the ways mentioned to use these.  5 or 10 game boards, available here.  Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Thank you Etsy buyer from The DestinyofThings for taking the time to share with an updated photo and leave a note of inspiration!  What a simple, easy and oh so cute and of course, festive idea for a fiesta Christmas tree!  Love your sombrero Christmas tree topper and bandolier tree garland and everything else in between!  So clever and fun!

Everyday is such an adventure dehoarding on Etsy!   I never know who I'll meet and I have met so many Etsy buyers who share their stories with me and every time I glean some insight about where my dehoarding journey is taking me.

I've been spending more time in my junk room and I can see progress, like a bigger path  way and a lot more carpet!  It's starting to transform into a more noticeable music room for my husband and an art room for me.  Also the truck is getting worked on in teeny tiny baby steps each weekend.  I've been sorting out a box a week out of the truck!

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  

If you want to play before you craft, here is the entire loteria game set, which includes the 54 loteria cards and 10 game boards, available here

I am still new listing weekly on all the shops, until I reach my goal of 180 items listed on each shop.  I am happy and thankful to say every time I reach my goal at 1-2 shops, something finds a new life and home!  

We had a great Christmas crowd this year and after Christmas crowd!  Thank you all customers!  Christmas orders are basically over at all our shops because all the arrival times with USPS mail have ended.  

Moving on to the New Year!  Feels so weird, since Christmas hasn't even passed yet, but key dates for New Year's arrival times are just about over too!  These ship with USPS 2-3 Prioirty mail for your New Year's Eve midnight champagne toast glass toppers to arrive on time!

SALE 24 or 48 animal cocktail wine drink charm marker cake toppers vintage retro style carnival circus zoo wedding birthday decorations New Year champagne office party supply, available here
Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 180 items, The Destiny of Things- 173 items, VintageToGoEasy - 173 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 180 items.

Yipee!  I've met my goal at two shops!  And have to get going on the other two!  Maybe you'll find something and give it new life and a new home!  Thanks for looking!

I am so thankful that another artist ordered my Friday Kahlo inspired loteria fiesta cards!  Getting a handmade order always makes my day that much more special!
I'm making more this weekend or you can custom orders here.
They arrive inside a handmade by me loteria box if you order all 4.
Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Related Stories:  More ideas on how to use these cards with photo examples!



 
4.  Loteria Mexican Bingo Game Wedding Crafts:  The Destiny of Things, Story 188, here

If you'd like the traditional graphics of the 54 loteria cards and 10 game boards for playing and crafting, available here.  If you'd like the deck of 54 only or the 5 or 10 game boards only, contact me and I'll add it to the listing for you.
Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Christmas Related Stories:  These are so fun to read and funny too!



3.  Coming Home for Christmas:  There is No Greater Gift Than the Gift of Family

Merry Christmas or Feliz Navidad to you and yours!
Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits! 

No comments:

Post a Comment