Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Day of the Dead Loteria Card Art Dresser and Wedding Gift Candle Holders: The Destiny of Things, Story 485 and 486

Day of the Dead Loteria Card Art Dresser and Wedding Gift Candle Holders:  The Destiny of Things, Story  485 and 486

Etsy buyer ideas and more for Day of the Dead Loteria Art Projects!  Start now!  BEFORE:

So many fun projects to create, after you play the game!
DIY 54 cards & 10 boards Loteria Mexican Bingo Game Day of the Dead Fiesta, available here

This Etsy buyer ordered many things that brought back memories!  Here is the note from that person.  Long ago, they redid their dresser with loteria cards and now they have more to redo something else!

I remember when I used to have a ton of those little animal figurines that I got on my drink at a Sonic type of drive in. We went there for lunch during school. I remember them fondly and it will be fun to have some again. And I have a bedside table that I redid in a kitschy way with loteria cards years ago. I'm thinking my dresser could use a little personality now 😊. Since I don't live in Texas anymore (yay), I'll have to get my loteria cards from you. I love kitsch! Thanks for having a store that helps me scratch my kitsch itch, haha! 

Just in case, you are curious about the Sonic animal figurines as drink toppers, here's a photo!

She wanted a giraffe added in, so we did that too!
6 plastic animal figurines cocktail wine charms zoo circus carnival drink cake toppers, available here

Here is the photo of her re purposed kitschy dresser using loteria cards! So festive looking!

Here is what she said about her project, "And I'm very proud that my little, crazy nightstand I redid will be on your blog. Too bad I don't have before pictures to give to you too. It was soooo ugly!"
I am so thankful it's on my blog too, I hope it gives someone inspiration to make something they think is ugly into something beautifully kitschy!"
DIY 54 cards & 10 boards Loteria Mexican Bingo Game Day of the Dead Fiesta, available here
photo via JunkDrawerLoveAndMore

Another Etsy buyers bought the Loteria game set to make her friend a wedding gift!  Here is her note:

Hi! I purchased these Loteria cards to make a wedding gift for a couple that has a Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) themed home. I plan to hand pick cards from the deck and put them on glass candle votives.

A Day of the Dead home!  I'd love to see that!  and of course, I'd love to see the candle holders in their home too!  I wonder what the candle holders ended up looking like.  I just love the look and relaxation of burning candles and it seems my allergies to smoke are almost gone and I can burn some candles now.  

I found some easy DIY candle holders on google.  Here is the one I imagine the wedding gift one might look like, since she said glass votive holders:

These look fun and easy to make, since you just need to cut the game board into little cards, glue them on and add glitter glue to the edges.

Here is another simple one to make as centerpieces for a fiesta event!

I just love how they used the beans and how it also holds the card in place.

Saying Goodbye:  In the late 80s to 90s, I used to have a Day of the Dead home.  Back then, I collected a hoard of Mexican Folk Art and Taxco jewelry.  Most of it has found new lives and homes, what's left is still available at three of the shops, VintageToGoEasy, here, on HoarderRehab, here and The Destiny of Things, here, or do a search in the shop using either Day of the Dead, Taxco or Mexican Folk Art.

This loteria game set has extra games on the back of each game board and on the back of each card are the riddle in Spanish to call out to play like bingo, available here

What I Learned:

1.   I just love it when Etsy buyers share their projects through photos or ideas!  It makes Etsy so much more fun!  And I hope it inspires others to build on their ideas and be creative!

2.  I think this loteria game set is very flextible for lots of different creative projects because I have received so many project ideas and final products from Etsy buyers, from wedding programs to wedding seating to wedding centerpieces, so many other projects that I can't remember them all!

Let's see what I can remember:  cake toppers, gift tags, invitations, gift bags, garlands, wedding exit confetti bags, even drinking games!  Most of them are easy to make too!

What has inspired you today?  I have found so much inspiration today, I don't know where to start!

Here is an easy example for cake or cupcake toppers using the cut up game board cards, available here

Here is a more complicated, but beautiful place seating arrangement for a wedding.  This Etsy buyer bought a lot of games to make this, I can't remember how many games she ordered, but she bought us out!

Right now, we have 2 sets of the deck of cards of 54 only that do not include the game boards, available at HoarderRehab, here

Thank you Etsy buyers from JunkDrawerLoveAndMore for allowing me to share your stories and for a cool photo of ad re purpose furniture with loteria cards!  And inspiration for DIY loteria card candle holder wedding gifts!  Thankful that so many are bringing back old memories, while making new ones!

Everyday is such an adventure dehoarding on Etsy!   I never know who I'll meet and I have met so many Etsy buyers who share their stories with me and every time I glean some insight about where my dehoarding journey is taking me.

For example last week, I made a new friend from an Etsy buyer and she's been such an inspirational motivator towards my dehoarding goals and reminding me of my life without hoard dreams!

I've been spending more time in my junk room that is going to transform into a music room for my husband and an art room for me.  Also the truck is getting worked on in teeny tiny baby steps each weekend.
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.

I use the game boards to make these boxes for many things, from holding my loteria art cards, junk grab box, gift and party favor boxes.  One Etsy buyer used them as part of her centerpieces for her fiesta wedding.  4x3 boxes ready to ship, available here

I was new listing daily at least on one or two shops, but have slowed down due to working on clearing out the art music room.  I'm enjoying spending more time in there!  which I never thought I'd ever say!

I have no need to worry about the new Etsy free shipping promotional,  since our sales are holding up with about 24 sales per week.  I am thankful and happy about that!

Anyone out there have any thoughts, suggestions or ideas on how the new Etsy free promotional is working for you at the moment?  Has it helped bump up your sales?  Do you foresee any complications with returned items and refunds?

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 176 items, The Destiny of Things- 179 items, VintageToGoEasy - 179 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 157 items.

Maybe you'll find something and give it new life and a new home!

Here is the example of the Etsy buyer using the loteria party favor box as part of table centerpiece, she is replacing loteria card with the loteria party favor box with surprises inside the box!

Related Stories:  There are so many, I'll just list a few!




I also make loteria art cards for all kinds of uses, for example, garlands, nichos, ofrendas, alters, shrines, gift tags, card inserts and more!  These are my latest, it was so fun to mindlessly color them with different colors of glitter glue!  They were inspired by the wedding vows part, "For richer or poorer, In sickness and health, til death do us part."
All the Men in Your Life Village People wedding vow DIY garland centerpiece Day of the Dead loteria art cards, available here

"Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud."----Maya Angelou

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits! 

No comments:

Post a Comment