Friday, December 8, 2017

Mermaid Garden Christmas Gift Idea: The Destiny of Things, Story 490

Mermaid Garden Christmas Gift Idea:  The Destiny of Things, Story 490

An Etsy buyer is making mermaid gardens and you can too!

7 NEW COLORS 30 or 50 or 100+ Little Mermaid Peter Pan brunch cocktail drink cake toppers beach wedding birthday party decoration or mermaid garden addition, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Here is the first note I received:

Hi Got my mermaids & your lovely gifts. thank you so much. they are going to be used in air plants. I have a friend who is Queen of All Yard sales & she makes Fairy Gardens too. I have a bunch of sea shells, we ran into about 2 dozen free air plants, so that's what I'm doing with them.

and here is the second one:

This is my 2nd purchase. The 1st one was for mermaid gardens with air plants, shells, & driftwood. They came out so well, I had requests for more!

How fun!  So much so, she's had more requests for more Mermaid gardens!  What good news to hear!

What a fun simple,yet beautiful gift idea!  Just arrange some shells, driftwood and air plants and hang a mermaid off an air plant or display one sunbathing on a shell or driftwood!  A tropical beach Christmas!  A good way to add some warmth to someone's snowy cold Christmas!

If you don't have time to make a mermaid garden, they would make fun stocking stuffers!

Out of the 9 colors, we have 8 available, but we will soon be out of the bright pink and the true green is already out of stock, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

If you miss these for Christmas, you can always save them for the New Year's midnight champagne toast as champagne or other cocktail glass cup toppers and ring in the new year mermaid style!  They love to hang around drinks!

Saying Goodbye:  I used to collect these, in all colors, shapes and sizes and mostly the vintage ones and I still have my collection saved and really don't know what to do with them.  I used to use them in my mixed media art and would like to start that up again.

Here's an example of my interactive art, you can move the mermaid around from wing to wing or perch her on the crown.  This piece has sold, but if you'd like a custom order, just email me and let me know, hoarderrehab@gmail.com

What I Learned:

1.  I am so thankful Etsy buyers are sending me their stories and letting me know the destiny of my hoarded things!  Actually, I call these mermaids, my rehoard now, since they have become quite popular and I love how others have let me know how to use them in so many different ways, not just as the traditional cocktail topper, but also as cupcake toppers, plant jewelry, mini aquarium decoration party favors and mermaid pirate terrarium party activities for kids crafts.

2.  My hoarding days seem to be behind me and today I feel like throwing everything out and starting all over!  Maybe it's just the holiday stress taking over my mind or maybe it's not such a bad idea.  I've purged many times and each time my hoard returns, usually in larger amounts, but maybe now since I've done so much work on the whys, hows, stress triggers and found other alternatives to my stress, maybe this time, I will change into a more evolved person and my purchases will be more purposeful.

3.  Or maybe I need more work on myself because sometimes I wonder if I'm buying something because I really need it or like it or if I'm just adding it to my hoard or relieve some anxiety.

That's my latest buying dilemma, what's yours?  I don't have this issue when buying gifts for others, just myself.

Get ready to ring in the New Year mermaid style!  available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Thank you Etsy buyer from Hoarder Rehab and VintageToGoEasy for sharing your story and happy to hear your mermaid gardens are doing so well, you ordered some more due to requests!  I'd love to see your mermaid gardens one day and I am thankful for your inspiration and motivation to keep on with my Hoarder Rehab!

Everyday is such an adventure dehoarding on Etsy!   I never know who I'll meet and I have met so many Etsy buyers who share their stories with me and every time I glean some insight about where my dehoarding journey is taking me.

I've been spending more time in my junk room that is going to transform into a music room for my husband and an art room for me.  Also the truck is getting worked on in teeny tiny baby steps each weekend.  I've been sorting out a box a week out of the truck!
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.

Ideas on how to arrange them as cake toppers, reminds me of synchronized water dancing!  or just add one to each cupcake as an easy topper, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

I am new listing weekly on all the shops, until I reach my goal of 180 items listed on each shop.  I am slowly catching up due to the Etsy sale.  

I am very thankful and pleased that a lot of my hoard found new lives and homes due to the sale and my anxiety of so much hoard leaving too quickly has now passed.

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 179 items, The Destiny of Things- 179 items, VintageToGoEasy - 180 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 177 items.

Yipee!  I've met my goal at one shop!  And oh so close, with Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!  Maybe you'll find something and give it new life and a new home!  Thanks for looking!

Having a pirate themed Christmas or New Year's party?  add some monkey to the mix, they can't rest on your pirate shoulder, but they can be a fun perched on your pirate rum! available here, or order both mermaids and monkeys for a Mermaid Pirate themed party!
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Related Stories:






Here is a 20 assorted mix of drink and cake toppers, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

"Those who perceive and acknowledge that they have everything have no needs of any kind." -ACIM.  I really need to start practicing this one with all my heart.

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits! 

No comments:

Post a Comment