Wednesday, June 14, 2017

The Goblin Voyage 2017 in AU: The Destiny of Things, Story 476

The Goblin Voyage 2017 in AU:  The Destiny of Things, Story 476

Don't miss the boat!  Get your tickets now!  Dress up for hours of magic in Australia this August!

Photo from past years Goblin Balls via Moe Berjaoui of FOTOGENIQUE, here
www.fotogenique.com.au
E: fotogenique@photographer.net
T: +61 411 36 56 39

Here is the fun email story I received from Mr. Daniel Kraggs!

So we are an event company that started in the 90s doing Masquerades based on the movie Labyrinth. Back then we had approval to use the brand but fast forward to 2012 when I returned to Australia from Canada and we didn’t have the rights anymore.

So I created an event called “The Goblin Ball”.The Goblin Ball took fairy tales and fantasy to new heights of immersed events. Guests come as characters of their creating and complete quests in a luxurious ballroom decorated with sets, props and characters who help create an evening of magic, while Burlesque and circus performers dazzle. These tickets were around $130 each.

This year we embark on a Boat Party (for $35) where people can dance the night away with Psychics who will read palms and provide fortunes - this is where your tickets come into play. They will be handed some amazing vintage tickets (in the past we have even handed out Vintage Mardi Gras coins from New Orleans circa 1970 for our Bayou Party!)

Thank you for listing this item, it will help create the magic!

You can learn more about our event and past events at www.TheGoblinBall.com <http://www.thegoblinball.com/>


This has taken a LOT of work off my hands.

Thank you for the Magic

Daniel KnaggsEvent Producer and Writer

These are going to be passed out as a little party souvenir favor!
SALE 500 Ask Swami Madame X machine fortune teller cards vintage refill replacement NOS Twilight Zone DIY table confetti mini garlands Father's day wedding birthday party decorations supply, available here.  Photo via VintageToGoEasy

Here is what I wrote back:

Hi Daniel!

Wow! What a great story! I love it! Your "Goblin Ball" and "Boat Party" sound very exciting and fun! I think your "Boat Party" has excellent timing, especially if anyone has been watching, "Leftovers." They had a crazy boat party that ends in Melbourne with a Frasier the Lion theme, did you see that episode?

Anyways, I hope I can use your story on my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things blog, I can either leave you anonymous or link your event on it. Actually, I'd just use your email as it is, if that's fine by you. I'd like to use your story this Friday. I am not a writer, like you, but my blog has definitely turned my life around as a recovering hoarder!

I checked out your link and your events sounds so creatively fun and I thought your FAQ answers very funny and clever! 

I am so thankful that the fortunes will be used in a such a fascinating and unique way all the way in AU! And happy to hear that I could make your work easier and best of all add some magic!

Kindest regards,
Kennedy

Sounds like a very fun organized voyage!  That includes fortune telling and magic!  Also such fun dress up where anything goes from casual to elaborate costumes!  Food and drinks that include gf and veggie pizza!  Even I could go with all my allergies!  Trinket sharing and more!  Read all about it and order tickets at the site, here

Look into my crystal ball!
Photo from past years Goblin Balls via Moe Berjaoui of FOTOGENIQUE, here
www.fotogenique.com.au
E: fotogenique@photographer.net
T: +61 411 36 56 39

Saying Goodbye:  I have my own complete collection of these that are like a deck of cards.  Some of the aces, I know that ace of hearts for sure have 2-3 different fortunes, but I think the rest are all the same ones.  I just love these and remind me of my college days when my brother and I used to eat at a diner that had these in their Swami napkin dispenser for a penny!

Here is what a complete set of 52 collected looks like, available here

What I Learned:

1.  The Goblin Voyage 2017 sounds so fun.  I would love to have my fortune told and to mingle with everyone and get inspired by all the magical creative people, fantasy costumes and intriguing decor! And of course, I'd want to be a fly on the wall and see how the fortune teller cards will be used or traded, etc.

Each Goblin Ball event has a theme, but in the FAQ, I think anything goes!
Photo from past years Goblin Balls via Moe Berjaoui of FOTOGENIQUE, here
www.fotogenique.com.au
E: fotogenique@photographer.net
T: +61 411 36 56 39

2.   As a recovering hoarder, if I'm given too many choices, it'll take me a long time to decide because I'll just want to use them all.  For example, Moe the photographer sent me so many lovely and exciting photos that I was just overwhelmed at which ones to finally use!

That goes with any kind of shopping too!  Too many choices and all of it ends up in my cart!  Every color choice and every shape and size too!  Can't decide?  Get them all is my motto!  I can't do that anymore, so for example, with clothes I have to choose a color theme and just stick to those colors, otherwise I'll have a rainbow closet and I'll stare in it all day trying to decide what to wear!

Scary cool!
Photo from past years Goblin Balls via Moe Berjaoui of FOTOGENIQUE, here
www.fotogenique.com.au
E: fotogenique@photographer.net
T: +61 411 36 56 39

3.  My head cold is finally gone, but it seems insomnia has taken it's place, so I'm back to drinking coffee just to stay up and I'm back to minimal exercise.  (So my big plans for my new exercise program is on hold) I've lived with insomnia since childhood, but after a few years of sleeping well, I just don't know how I functioned because now I have such a difficult time with lack of sleep!

Without sleep my will powers goes down and my window shopping goes up!  At least I haven't bought a single thing.... yet.... but my fingers are itching and some extra mula is burning a hole in my pockets!

This is my favorite costume because she reminds me of the Queen of Hearts!
Photo from past years Goblin Balls via Moe Berjaoui of FOTOGENIQUE, here
www.fotogenique.com.au
E: fotogenique@photographer.net
T: +61 411 36 56 39

Thank you fun and kind Etsy buyer, Mr. Daniel Knaggs from The Goblin Voyage 2017, here and Moe Berjaoui of FOTOGENIQUE!  You both brought me some good insight towards my hoarding ways and how to keep unraveling my mystery to help break my chains!

What I find most interesting about the Goblin Ball events?  The Goblin Ball family is a group of artists and enthusiasts who volunteer time, money and talents so we can bring these magical events to Melbourne. We invests all funds raised into future events. We are essentially a group who is working for passion and not profit.  Read more here.

How cool is that!  Passion and not profit!  And my other favorite part are the answers to the FAQ here!

My favorite part in Moe's bio, "Fotogenique will happily translate your special moments through its lenses for you to treasure eternally."  Read more of his bio here and see a beautiful sampling of him translating throughthis lens!

Everyday is an adventure dehoarding on Etsy!  I never know who I'll meet and I have met so many Etsy buyers who share their stories with me and every time I glean some thing new about where my dehoarding journey is taking me.

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.

What would your costume for the Goblin Voyage 2017 look like?  I think I'd go as "The Portrait of Madame X," as seen on wikipedia here by John Singer Sargent.

Psychics and mediums, which one would you choose?
Photo from past years Goblin Balls via Moe Berjaoui of FOTOGENIQUE, here
www.fotogenique.com.au
E: fotogenique@photographer.net
T: +61 411 36 56 39

I've slowed down, but I've been relisting daily and will be new listing again until I reach my goal of 180+ items at all the shops! I had reached my goal last week at all 4 shops, but thankfully several things have sold!

Anyone out there have any suggestion or ideas on how to use the new Etsy format and new Etsy Studio to their shop's best advantage?  and if it has helped bump up your sales?

I also hope to get back to blogging every 5 days, at least, but the stories are starting to pile up and they are some exciting ones on the way!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 179 items, The Destiny of Things- 181 items, VintageToGoEasy - 179 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 180 items.

Looks like twos shop needs a refill!  I've relisted today and hopefully new list tomorrow or soon!

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

NEW 30 50 75 or 100 lot Retro Fortune Teller Fish beach carnival wedding anniversary Sweet 16 birthday party favors, available here
Photo via VintageToGoEasy

Related Stories:

1.  If you want to see the Swami dispenser machine, the really cool Twilight Zone dispenser from the episode with William Shatner, which the machine was called, the Mystic Seer:  500 Replacement Fortune Teller Cards for Madame X Penny Napkin Dispenser Machine:  The Destiny of Things, Story 298


3.  Fortune Teller Wedding Booth:  The Destiny of Things, Story 340 :  An Etsy buyers made a fortune teller booth and her sister is going to dress up as a fortune teller ans pass these out!  She sent an update photo of the booth she will use!

 
5.  My first story about these fortune teller cards:  Ask Swami Fortune Teller Cards:  The Destiny of Things, Story #115 
 
6.  Fun childhood memories from an Etsy buyer:  Madame X Fortune Teller and Parakeets:  The Destiny of Things, Story #149  
 


Need smaller amounts for fortune themed invitation or thank you card inserts or table confetti?  10+ or full set of 52 Twilight Zone Party vintage Swami Madame X paper fortune teller card slips birthday party craft supply, available here
Photo via VintageToGoEasy

"Harmony.  It's not what's lasting or permanent.  It is about individual voices coming together for a moment.  And that moment lasts a length of a breath, or in my instance a transaction.  That's what I think about my time here."---Frank Underwood from House of Cards or in my case, I think it's "destiny, as well as harmony."

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits! 

No comments:

Post a Comment