Friday, June 9, 2017

Redskins Birthday Cake Party with Gold Guns: The Destiny of Things, Story 475

Redskins Birthday Cake Party with Gold Guns:  The Destiny of Things, Story 475

Plans may change, but the party goes on!  BEFORE:

10 mini gold or silver gun mix steampunk, DIY Murder Mystery cake toppers party favors, available here.  Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Here are some of our emails:

My son is having a party for his friend, they are both sheriff officers & one of his hobbies is guns. Not sure of the theme he is having but i am making his cake based on his hobby.

I wrote back:

Hi there!

Thank you so much for sharing! That is too cool! One of my favorite shows is COPS, so please thank both of them for all their hard work, bravery and everything in between that they have to tolerate! Kudos to them for a job well done!

Gotta know.... is his cake going to be in the shape of a gun? lol

Thanks again,
Kennedy

Here are the NEW type of mini gold gun mix because the Sean Connery James Bond classic guns sell out so quickly, so I switched them out with assault weapons.
10 mini gold or silver gun mix steampunk, DIY Murder Mystery cake toppers party favors, available here.  Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

She wrote back:

I sure will tell them both.
No i wasnt going to get the creative due to how many people that were going to be there. but now that you mentioned it i might do a little one shape like a gun on the top....hhmmm

and then I wrote back:

A cake with a gun with mini guns on top! Sounds better than a cherry on top! How fun! And THANK YOU so much for letting them know how much they are appreciated for their courageous work! 

Take care,
Kennedy

PS. Would love to see your cake masterpiece!

And then she sent me photos of her masterpiece!  

photo via fun Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore

Later she told me the theme was changed and the guest list grew, but the bday boy loved it!  And here he is cutting his cake!  All smiles!

Wonder what his hobbies are? lol
photo via fun Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore

Saying Goodbye:  I used to collect guns too!  Loved the shooting range!  I said goodbye to my gun collection a long time ago to someone who wanted them for their birthday.  Now I just collect the guns as seen at my shops and I'm trying to stop collecting those too!  I love the mini gold and silver ones that are like the ones from my childhood, gun charms and gun sharpeners! 

What I Learned:

1.  Sometimes an Etsy buyer makes my dehoarding so much more fun and makes my day brighter! Also, I truly appreciate our law enforcement officers and all they do to keep us safe and our neighborhoods as peaceful as possible.  I'm a huge fan of the TV show, COPS and even though I was a teacher for 15 plus years, in the inner city of Los Angeles two blocks away from the street with the highest murder rate in California, I never saw anything like I do on COPS! 

Kudos to all the COPS that do their job under all the craziness, unpleasantness and sadness they must see daily.

2.  As to my dehoarding, I'm moving slowly but surely and have been listing new things weekly at all the shops.  I'm working on dehoarding my truck now, so that's been different and interesting.  Who knows what I have hoarded up in there!

3.  I'm still getting over a head cold and had to rest all last week to get rid of it!  I'm very excited to be well now and to start a more rigorous exercise program this summer.

What new things will you be adding this summer?

These are our most popular guns, which I call, "modern James Bond mini gold guns."  We only have them in silver now, gold sells out quickly.  Mini silver ones like the ones in the photo, available here.  Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Thank you fun and kind Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore!  Wonderful cake for the bday boy!  I am so happy you were still able to use the guns even though the theme changed! Thank you so much for sending me an update photo!  I hope it inspires others and gives them good party cake ideas.

Everyday is an adventure dehoarding on Etsy!  I never know who I'll meet and I have met so many Etsy buyers who share their stories with me and every time I glean some insight about where my dehoarding journey is taking me.

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.

Here are our second most popular mini gold guns, which I call "classic Sean Connery James Bond guns," or Peaky Blinder guns, available here
Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

It's summer and things are slowing down, so I've been new listing again until I reach my goal of 180+ items at all the shops! I had reached my goal last week at all 4 shops, but thankfully several things have sold!

Anyone out there have any suggestion or ideas on how to use the new Etsy format and new Etsy Studio to their shop's best advantage?  and if it has helped bump up your sales?

I also hope to get back to blogging every 5 days, at least, but the stories are starting to pile up and they are some exciting ones on the way!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 181 items, The Destiny of Things- 180 items, VintageToGoEasy - 178 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 180 items.

Looks like one shop needs a refill!  I've listed new today and hopefully tomorrow or Monday too!

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

15 vintage rockabilly rodeo cowgirl cowboy pistols plastic charm pendant guns Westworld Father's day Partners in Crime birthday jewelry party craft supply, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Related Stories:


 
3.  From the mosaic artist:  Mini Gold Toy Prize Trinket Guns:  The Destiny of Things, Story 270    I think she might have bought 70, which at the time was all we had and my destash left too!
 
4.   Mini Gold Guns as Cupcake Toppers:  The Destiny of Things, Story 281
 
 
 
  
 

 
The blue gun is my favorite gun of all! available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

"I count him braver who overcomes his desires, than him who conquers his enemies, for the hardest victory is the victory over self." ---Aristotle
 
Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits! 

No comments:

Post a Comment