Friday, May 19, 2017

First Loose Tooth Holder Necklace: The Destiny of Things, Story 471

First  Loose Tooth Holder Necklace:  The Destiny of Things, Story 471

Smile for all the summer toothless grins out there for the first time!

5 or 10 sweet tooth fairy box plastic charm locket keeper container necklace locket sweet tooth fairy classroom, available here.  Photo via Hoarder Rehab

Here is the note I received:

My daughter has her first loose tooth and has requested to keep the tooth once it falls out rather than leave it for the Tooth Fairy. When a child loses a tooth at school, her teacher gives them a little necklace like these to safely take the tooth home in. My daughter asked to have one at home for her tooth. The request was so sweet (and quirky) that I didn't want to disappoint. She is thrilled to know that we now have a supply of tooth saver necklaces at home! Receiving the shipment was so fun. The package arrived with a personal note and a little care package... made me smile. Thank you!!

How fun, is that?  And to think there is a little girl out there who would rather keep her first loose tooth, rather than give it to the tooth fairy!  I think that's just precious!

And to think I was one of those teacher who gave these little necklaces out to my students too!  And now she has her own stash at home.  A little kind thought can go a long way with kids and maybe it'll be one of those memories she remembers all her life!  Too cool!  Kudos to mom for going the extra the mile!

These come with a little pony star bead inside it not only for fun, but because I check each one to make they close and open properly and they don't have any cavities!  (Some have little black spots on them, which I can't figure out what it is and sometimes it doesn't come off, some the lids fall off, etc)  The little ones I give them too, get wide eyed, when I tell them the rattling sound might be from a pirate's tooth inside it!
Available here.  Photo via Hoarder Rehab

Saying Goodbye:  One day, I hope to use the ones with cavities or seconds to place on the bottom corner of a box as a secret compartment, but I haven't yet found a box that's the right size for them yet.  I had a stash of these left over from my teaching days and didn't know they'd become so popular at our shops!  I am so grateful for that.

What I Learned:

1.  A lot of my teaching props and student rewards or motivational give a ways have become popular sellers at our shops.  I used to give these to students first thing, during Dental Hygiene week and since I could never decide which one I liked best, I also gave them the tooth saver treasure chest.

Of course, lots of teeth fall out when you are third grade, so many got to choose which one they'd rather have to keep their tooth safe til they got home.

6 or 12 mini pirate mermaid treasure chests cake toppers tooth fairy locket charm box container, available here.  Photo via Hoarder Rehab

2.  Yes, my hoarding days got worse while I was a teacher because I always needed things in 30 to 32 count, so not one student or guests, like my teacher aide would be left out.  Sometimes I miss my teacher hoard, only because it took me so long to accumulate just right for each lesson, but since I'm retired now, I have enough hoard to gently let go currently.

3.  Speaking of my hoarder rehab, I have still have a room full, but it's less, so I am now dehoarding my truck!  It is jam packed with my camping and survival gear and I'm not quite sure what to do with it yet. 

4.  I have taken a box out and I do my best to look inside it daily and take one thing out and decide what to do with it.  Which reminds me, I need to go back to throwing out 10 things a day, even if it is just paper.  I am such the recycler!

Pink is our best seller and I don't know why, but one Etsy buyer did tell me that she was having a hen party with a sweet tooth theme and was going to use them as cupcake toppers!
5 or 10 sweet tooth fairy box plastic charm locket keeper container necklace locket sweet tooth fairy classroom, available here.  Photo via Hoarder Rehab

Thank you fun Etsy buyer from Hoarder Rehab!  You have a great daughter, I think it's so cute that she doesn't want to give her tooth to the tooth fairy! And I think it's so cool that you honored her wish and made it come true!  And for me I am so grateful for making both of you smile and that my care package was appreciated! 

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.

If you need these in bulk or in classroom amount, they are available here24 or 30 mermaid pirate king queen princess prince mini treasure chest retro style tooth fairy box classroom.
Photo via Hoarder Rehab

I've been so busy with getting used to the new Etsy shop management roll out.  I'm still waiting for 2 shops to transition completely.  I am planning on new listing at least weekly until I'm used to all the changes! I'm still keeping my goal is to keep new listing until I reach my goal of 180+ items at all the shops! It's just going to take more time than I thought.


Anyone out there have any suggestion or ideas on how to use the new Etsy format and new Etsy Studio to their shop's best advantage?  and if it has helped bump up your sales?

I also hope to get back to blogging on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays again.



Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 178 items, The Destiny of Things- 176 items, VintageToGoEasy - 180 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 177 items.

Looks like more than one shop needs some refills!  I'll be listing more soon!

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

If you only need one, DIY first loose tooth fairy locket gold tone only necklace in a gumball capsule only because the diamond boxes and diamond rings, sold out, available here

Related Stories:

3.  Wearing one all the time waiting for a tooth to fall out:  Tooth Saver Locket Necklaces:  The Destiny of Things, Story 253  








DIY kids first loose tooth holder fairy pirate mermaid treasure chest gold tone necklace gum ball capsule kit heart & gid beads jewelry craft supply, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

"Be true to your teeth and they won't be false to you." --- my Mom

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits! 

No comments:

Post a Comment