Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Dragon Eyes and Mermaid Cocktail Drink Toppers: The Destiny of Things, Story 472

Dragon Eyes and Mermaid Cocktail Drink Toppers:  The Destiny of Things, Story 472

Sometimes a story turns into something else!  like Dragon eyes!!!!

4 or 8 Little Mermaid & Pirate cake toppers cocktail drink charm marker Father's day champagne brunch BBQ pool party glass topper Peter Pan wedding birthday party decor supply, available here

Here is the first note I received:

Great little additions for mini gardens, beach terrariums and cocktails! Love the vivid colors.

I love the colors too and they do add a nice pop of color as plant jewelry to indoor gardens and mini sandy beach terrariums!

Then I received an interesting request in a second note:

With the order you sent a few lovely extras, thank-you. Any chance you could send me one more strip of the blue plastic gemstones? just those. They are perfect for a project of mine. 

Below is a photo of the strips of plastic gemstones.  They are actually stickers!  I used to have them listed, but since I am the only one who seems to use them in my mixed media art and on cards, etc... I know also add them to my "thank you" packaging, which is basically a sample of things from all our shops.

Let me know if you'd use them to and I'll relist them!

I send a small sample strip of these sticker gem stones with my "thank you" goodie bag and usually it's a color of the season or holiday.  

I had no idea what she was going to use them for and sent her some!  And got this next note!

oh wow, got your lovely card and lots of blue gems today. Thank you so much! You are the best!
Happy Holidays to you!

and then I sent this back:

You are so welcome! Have fun and Happy Holidays!

And then I received a fun surprise!  And what a kicker, it also came with before and after photos too!

Another note!

I bought these dragons as an anniversary gift for my husband. Needed some eyes and guess where they came from. Love it!! Before and After WOW!

BEFORE:

Very cool dragons!
photo via Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore

AFTER:

It's not easy to see them, but I have a close up of one!
photo via Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore

Then I wrote back:

WOW! Indeed! Such a little touch makes them come so alive! Thank you for sharing, I was so curious!
Happy Anniversary to you both!

and then she wrote back:

Thank you Kennedy. Such a pleasure to finally find the right thing. I've had these since September. People now stop to check them out, some dogs freak out, so fun....Thanks again!

and I wrote back:

Hahaha! That's too funny, even dogs check them out and freak!!!! Thanks for making my day! Next time you order some mermaids, I'll send you some red sticker jewels! lol

You are so welcome, my pleasure too! What fun!
Kennedy

And then the fun note exchange ended with this close up!

I thought it was a better close up, but I guess it's good enough to freak out dogs and walkers!
photo via Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore

Saying Goodbye:  My hoard pile of a room has gotten to the point where I am now working on dehoarding my truck!  I've been taking baby steps, so I don't get too overwhelmed.  Working slowly works better for me and it's better than either procrastinating or getting so overwhelmed I just stop dead in my tracks!

What I Learned:

1.  Sometimes a random act of kindness goes a long way and I am grateful to be able to make others happy in small and big ways.

2.  I kinda want some dragons protecting the entrance to my house now! lol  That was the hoarder in me blurting out!  As a recovering hoarder, I'll stay content with all the feral cats that protect our gate and who have adopted us. We have 3-4 regulars and many come visit every once in awhile and we have about 3-4 more we need to catch and take to Fixnation for check ups and fixing.

3.  Things are slowing down a bit on Etsy, so I hope to catch up on some things, like new listings and spend some time taking all the tours of all the new changes.

What's been keeping you busy lately?

Who would have thought this mermaid order, would have turned into Dragon Eye fun!
4 or 8 Little Mermaid & Pirate cake toppers cocktail drink charm marker Father's day champagne brunch BBQ pool party glass topper Peter Pan wedding birthday party decor supply, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Thank you fun Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore!  Thank you for your request and for sharing the "before" and "after" results of all the fun emails and snail mail!

Everyday is an adventure dehoarding on Etsy, even if it is just a few strips of sticker gem stones at a time! And it was so fun to be a tiny part of someone's anniversary gift to make it a little more special!  even to walkers and dogs!  I am so grateful that my "thank you" care package was appreciated and used in such a fun and funny way! 

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.

If you like to use these for indoor gardens, hanging plants and terrariums, here is a party pack of these in 20 count of every type of drink or cake toppers in stock, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

I've been so busy with getting used to the new Etsy shop management roll out.  I'm still waiting for 2 shops to transition completely.  I am planning on new listing at least weekly until I'm used to all the changes! I'm still keeping my goal is to keep new listing until I reach my goal of 180+ items at all the shops! It's just going to take more time than I thought.

Anyone out there have any suggestion or ideas on how to use the new Etsy format and new Etsy Studio to their shop's best advantage?  and if it has helped bump up your sales?

I also hope to get back to blogging on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays again.

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 179 items, The Destiny of Things- 176 items, VintageToGoEasy - 181 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 180 items.

Looks like two shops need refills!  I've listed new today and hopefully tomorrow too!

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

A different Etsy buyer shared that she used her monkey order as plant jewelry and it sounded like there were hundreds of these on her plant and every time it grew, she would add more!  This was my version of how to use these monkey toppers as plant jewelry!
8 monkey cocktail drink, cake toppers or plant jewelry, available here

Related Stories:

Sampler of 6 different party animals for drink or cake toppers, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

"Light is the task where many share the toil." ---Homer  Thanks to all those who are helping me dehoard and share my toil.
 
Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits! 

No comments:

Post a Comment