Friday, May 12, 2017

Turquoise Snake Eye Sterling Native American Bracelet Found Again: The Destiny of Things, Story 470

Turquoise Snake Eye Sterling Native American Bracelet Found Again: The Destiny of Things, Story 470

Two "Lost and Found" story bracelets, one after another!  So exciting!

The one in the photo was lost and now is found.  I am so thankful it has found a new life and home!
I have another one just like it, but with darker turquoise, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Here is the heartfelt story email I received:

I cannot express to you how much I love this bracelet. I loved your note and all the cute things you put in it! 

6 years ago my late father got me this awesome hand made turquoise cuff bracelet he found at this small, unique jewelry store. It looked most similar to this one. I wore it all the time. I even wore it in the ocean and the waves ripped it right off my wrist and I never found it again. 

I was so upset cause I loved it so much. I couldn't even tell me dad that I lost it cause I didn't want him to be bummed out that he spent 150 on a bracelet that I lost. He passed away now, but I've been searching and searching to find one just like it or similar and yours fit closely to it. I was so giddy opening the package cause I knew already I was gonna love it. I actually have a ring that matches it exactly! It's like they were made together! It's so perfect. I can't thank you enough! 

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! 

P.S I'll send a picture of the ring that looks like this with the bracelet when I finally dump some of my pictures out of my phone...it's so packed it won't let me take a picture. 

The one in the photo was lost and now is found.  I am so thankful it has found a new life and home with such heartfelt meaning to someone who loves it!
I have another one just like it, but with darker turquoise, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

What are the odds of getting "two" lost and found bracelet stories in a row!  This one came in the day after the other one, here!

Here is what I wrote back:

Hi there!

Thank you so much for your email and story!!!!! I am so excited for you and so thankful that my bracelet has found a new home and better life with you with quite the cool story! I've lost so much jewelry to the ocean, I hope some mermaid has adorned herself with our stuff!

I can't wait til you dump your hoard of photos on your phone and can send me a pix of your matching ring and bracelet!!!!! :)

Thanks for making my day with your good news and taking part in my Hoarder Rehab! I hope I can use your story on my Hoarder Rehab blog! I'll leave you anonymous.

Kindest regards,
Kennedy

PS. I have had several of these through the years because I used to like to wear mine stacked and I think I still have one more in my hoard! And thank you for letting me know, you loved the note with all the cute stuff in it!



Here is how I used to love to wear them stacked and move them around til they made peaceful jingle sounds.  I think I only have a few bracelets left, but I still have a lot of Native American jewelry, especially necklaces, if I can find the box in my hoard!  See all of my collection here under the section, My Native American World here.  
photo via Hoarder Rehab

I just love it when someone is just as excited as me to get something as I am just as excited to let it go now!  Before, my Native American bracelet collection was not so easy to let go, even though I'm allergic to sterling now and can't wear them.  A little weird, right?

Well, not if you are a recovering hoarder!  These bracelets kept some good memories in them and I've been collecting them since elementary school!  I had to let at least 10 of them go from my Etsy shops until I finally got used to letting them go freely and joyfully!

I used to love to wear them stacked and listen to them jingle.  They would make such a pleasant peaceful sound to me and by changing the positions of the bracelets I could make different jingles.

See what's left of my collection here under the section, My Native American World here.  
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Saying Goodbye:  As a recovering hoarder, so far for several months now, nothing that I have let go has given me high anxiety or feelings of loss, fear of missing out and regret.  This is some wonderful progress on my part! Knock on wood, peace on Earth!

What I Learned:

1.  It has become so much easier for me to let go of my hoard and I am so thankful for this transition!  It has taken years of practice of letting go and each time it becomes less scary and easier.  

In the beginning , it was like prying it out of my hands and then I'd fret about it until it hit the post office.  Sometimes sad memories came out of a piece and I'd cry and other times it was anger and anxiety, but now it's a peaceful calm, most of the time.  Sometimes, I'll get a slight lingering twinge, but at least I know it will pass easily once I acknowledge it and let it go.

2.  I never even knew how much stuff I actually have and probably still don't because I know I have several Native American fetish necklaces and Mexican Folk Art Milagro necklaces some where! but at least my hoard is all in one room now and my truck.

3.  Speaking of my truck, I am making such good dehoarding progress, I just started emptying it a couple of weeks ago and it's jammed packed too!  Mainly with my camping gear and who knows what else.  Slowly, but surely with tiny baby steps, everything is getting organized and finding new lives, including me!

4.  Here is one of my dehoarding mottos:  Just organize, sell or put away one thing a day from one of my designated boxes.  It may seem slow, but I see it as a baby step and after one month, at least 30 items will be dehoarded, decided upon and taken care of!  And then I move on to the next box!

This is a photo of the Turquoise Snake Eye Sterling bracelet with darker turquoise than the last one.  It looks pretty much the same, except for the turquoise is darker.  It's actually darker than in the photos, but it's been cloudy and rainy over here lately, available here.
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Thank you fun Etsy buyer from Hoarder Rehab!  It's so much more fun to know the new story behind my bracelet and that is has so much heartfelt meaning to you, which makes letting it go that much more meaningful to me!  Thank you for all your help!   And thank you for making my Hoarder Rehab so fun, pleasant and exciting!

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.

Marked HRM carinated 45g sterling silver heavy cuff bracelet vintage by Harry R Morgan, available here
This is one of my favorite bracelets because I like unique and this one is carinated and it's by Harry R Morgan!  Photo via Hoarder Rehab

I had to stop listing new shop items daily! And now am planning on new listing at least weekly because it's gotten so busy! I'm still keeping my goal is to keep new listing until I reach my goal of 180+ items at all the shops! It's just going to take more time than I thought.
 
Anyone out there have any suggestion or ideas on how to use the new Etsy format and new Etsy Studio to their shop's best advantage?  and if it has helped bump up your sales?
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 177 items, The Destiny of Things- 177 items, VintageToGoEasy - 181 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 179 items.

Looks like more than one shop needs some refills!  I'll be listing more soon!

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

My most favorite Native American sterling bracelets are the sand cast ones, like the one above.  I think I love the sand cast ones because they remind me of making sand cast layered candles in the school yard playground sand boxes in first grade!  
I can't imagine how difficult it must be to make a sterling bracelet with a sand cast!  Plus I love to see the grains of sand on the inside of them.  I have two left, but I'm keeping the one from my mom.  The one in the photo is available here
Photo via Hoarder Rehab

Related Stories:  Other replacement stories!

1.  The other lost and found bracelet here:  Lost & Found 14 k Gold Bracelet!  The Destiny of Things, Story 468






7.  The Destiny of Things:  Freddie the Frog Puppet, Story XII:  this was very difficult for me to let go!


Native American jewelry sterling silver stack cuff bracelet vintage Zuni Navajo cuff & multi stone inlay mother of pearl turquoise coral floral retro, available here
Photo via Hoarder Rehab

"We lose ourselves in the things we love.  We find ourselves there too."--- Kristin Martz

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits! 

No comments:

Post a Comment