Friday, April 21, 2017

Cinco de Mayo Piñata Filler Birthday Idea: The Destiny of Things, Story 454

Cinco de Mayo Piñata Filler Birthday Idea:  The Destiny of Things, Story 454

It's not too late to order for Cinco de Mayo fiesta time!  BEFORE:

50 or 100 EMPTY gumball vending machine capsules wedding confetti exit box cake topper candy container Mother's day birthday party favor supply Cinco de Mayo pinata filler, available here

Here is the fun note I received:

Perfect to put one dollar bills into the piñata and some candies, it was amazing and very funny at my son's birthday party. Thank you.

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall at that party!  I bet it was full of laughter!  I wonder what the piñata looked like before and after!  Love the tassel garland in the background.  Very festive!

So kind that this Etsy buyer took the time to take and send such a colorful photo to me!  Thank you!

AFTER:

These capsules hold bills and coins too!  All coins but the half dollar fit inside each one!
50 or 100 EMPTY gumball vending machine capsules wedding confetti exit box cake topper candy container Mother's day birthday party favor supply Cinco de Mayo pinata filler, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Saying Goodbye:  This is part of my hoard that I don't hoard anymore, except for the more difficult colors to find, like gold and silver or more unique colors, like pearlized.  However, I am so happy that lots of people are so creative and have found so many ways to use these empty!

If you need less, like 10 or 20 or 30 empty gumball prize toy capsules carnival circus table confetti pinata filler vintage retro style Candy Land Sweet Shoppe retro Mother's day Cinco de Mayo fiesta birthday party wedding exit container craft supply - even mini bento food candy container, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

What I Learned:

1.  Etsy buyers are so creative and have come up with all kinds of wonderful inspirational ways to use these gumball capsules!  Lately, besides pinata filler, they've been used for bath bomb samples or bath bomb surprises with jewelry inside!  So fun!

2.  I am so thankful that some of my hoard has been popular enough to keep in stock for others to enjoy!

3.  I think the gumball capsules would be great fun in a Cinco de Mayo pinata for adults and children! With the capsules filled with chicklets, other small candies, little fiesta trinkets, like jumping beans or Mexican coins! You can't go wrong with filling them with money!

Just add some streamers, like the tassel ones in the Etsy buyer photos, backyard BBQ of carne asada and chicken tacos!  And wait for the happy music of an ice cream truck to roll by!

4.  I've been taking some self discovery courses and studying whatever I can find to help me as a recovering hoarder and today, I learned that my hoard gave me a sense of control and power, but it was a false one because I allowed my things to influence my behavior and sometimes even my mood.

I used a lot of retail therapy to either cheer myself up or to temporarily diffuse and relieve stressful situations in my life.

Somehow hoarding gave me a sense of safety and approval, but now I understand that the need for this kind of power, control, safety and approval were based on fear and were influenced on my outside choices.

5.  Now I'm learning to seek my own control, power and approval by looking within myself, rather than outside myself.  I have also shifted my goals from collecting to helping others and other living things, like feral cats in our community and I'm saving money to do so.  We already volunteer a lot of our time and now I'd like to help in other ways!

If you need all one color, like blue for a kid's Batman party or all yellow to make pineapple candy hold favors, just let us know through Etsy email, some all one color, like pink for Hen parties, or red for love, etc are available here.  Photo via The Destiny of Things

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore!  I am so grateful that these capsules brought your family and friends so much fun and laughter at your son's birthday party. I also hope they brought you old memories as well as made new ones for you all!  Thank you so much for all your Hoarder Rehab inspiration, support and making my journey so fun!

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.

If you only need 5 for small projects like rattles in cat toys or as jewelry gift boxes, rings, charms, pendants, bracelets and some necklaces will fit inside.  I use them every week to mail jewelry off to Etsy buyers and have never had anything broken on the way!
5 or 10 empty gumball vending machine capsules retro Ninja Turtle color mix, available here

I had been listing new shop items daily and I had reached my goal of listing 180+ items at three shops!  but I think I need to start new listing again!  I've been busy with switching everything over at all 4 shops to the new Etsy studio format!
 
Anyone out there have any suggestion or ideas on how to use the new Etsy format and new Etsy Studio to their shop's best advantage?  and if it has helped bump up your sales?
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 173 items, The Destiny of Things- 178 items, VintageToGoEasy - 178 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 179 items.

Looks like every shop needs refills!  I'll start listing again, if I have time over the weekend and definitely this Monday!

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

Our latest newest colors are all pastel or all black.  The gumball capsules in all pastel colors are available here.  Photo via The Destiny of Things

Related Stories:  So many creative ideas from Etsy buyers!  Many with updated photos!

1.  This is cool, someone is using them for her product packaging for Shark Tank!  Gum ball Capsules for Kid's Product on Shark Tank:  The Destiny of Things, Story 450 

2.  Easy DIY Fairy Lights with Capsules with an update photo:  DIY Fairy Lights with Gum Ball Capsules:  The Destiny of Things, Story 311
 
3.  More elaborate fun FLOWER fairy lights with an update photo:  Flower Fairy Lights from Gumball Capsules:  The Destiny of Things, Story 374    
 
 

 
7.  An Etsy shop owner who uses them for jewelry too!  I Love My Gumball Machine Capsules!  The Destiny of Things, Story 156
 
 
 
 
11.  How a teacher uses them in the classroom: Back to School Gum Ball Machine Capsules:  The Destiny of Things, Story 306  with photo update!

All black or black and white mix gumball capsules, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

"Light is the task where many share the toil." ---Homer  Thanks to all those who are helping me dehoard and share my toil.
 
Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits! 

No comments:

Post a Comment