Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Paper Heart Doily Ideas for Mother's day: The Destiny of Things, Story 452

Paper Heart Doily Ideas for Mother's day:  The Destiny of Things, Story 452

Inspired from an Etsy buyer from Valentine's day!

 As seen in the photo, 6 inch heart doilies available here 

This kind Etsy buyer comes every year during Valentine season and leaves such fun notes!

Thank you for these medium sized lovely paper heart doilies! I am having fun with them, they are quite special. Every time I see these Valentine hearts I am transported back to grade school days, 5th and 6th grade especially. I always enjoyed our class Valentine parties and loved the Valentine cards that I received in my large heart shaped open envelope pouch that we all made & taped to the front of our desks. I remember walking around the classroom dropping special Valentine's at everyone's desk & eating frosted heart shaped cookies and candies & drinking red punch. It was a great time to be alive! :-) The memories and warm feelings these give me are priceless. Everything arrived quickly and was packaged well. I highly recommend, as always ~

I just love it when my stuff brings back old memories and then makes new ones!

Large paper heart doilies:  SOLD OUT!

Another inspirational note!

I really love these paper heart doilies! They remind me of elementary school Valentine's arts and crafts that we would make & decorate the classroom & our desks with. Such fond memories! :-) These are very beautiful. My daughter used a few of the heart doilies to make a birthday-Valentine for her brother, whose birthday happens to be Valentine's Day. :-) Thank you so much for these paper heart doilies, I really do love them. I highly recommend this fabulous shop and fun seller! P.S. Thank you for the note & sweet little extras!!

How fun to make Valentine's birthday cards for a sibling!

I love heart doilies too and used to have a hoard of them!  They remind me of kindergarten, when I needed to make Valentine's for everyone in class, but only had about 3 round white doilies and some red construction paper.  Now I love the smaller tinier ones, which are not so easy for me to find anymore, but I have some saved.

I love working with the 3 inch or smaller heart or round doilies!  Anyone "out there" know where to get a deal on doilies that are 3 inches to postage stamp sized in all different kinds of shapes?

Saying Goodbye:  I just love doilies too and the feel of their thinness takes me back in time.  I just love peeling them carefully apart while they bring back memories.  I remember my Grandmother used doilies for our bento picnic lunches for tempura and dinners.  It always felt special to get our own doily with our own yummy serving of tempura on it!!!!

What I Learned:

1.  There are so many different kinds of doilies out there.  Of course, I'd like to collect them all, especially some tiny square and rectangle ones.  I'd love to find postage stamp sized doilies! However, I have more ideas for my doilies than actually doing "something" with them, so I need to change that!

2.   Here are my paper heart doily ideas for Mother's day!  First use them as table confetti for Mother's day brunch or dinner, then for a fun activity bring out some crayons, colored pencils and pens and let everyone, children and adults, write a special note or kids can draw a picture of a memory with mom or even just kind words that describe Moms.

6 inch paper heart doilies available here 

3.  Then hang them as a Mother's day garland!  Use clothes pins or paper clips to hang each doily on a string hanging from point A to point B!  A fun and interactive activity for everyone to join in, connect and share!

4.  This would work for any occasion, like Father's day and upcoming birthdays, even the Fourth of July!  One could write what they are thankful for from our country.  With small children one could make it into a teachable moment too, but talking about synonyms and antonyms.

How many old memories would be brought back to life and how many new ones would be made?

Here is an example of using doilies with letters on them.  I would also be fun if one like this was dedicated to all the Mom's in the world with drawing, words and notes!  A lower garland would be easier for children to add their own handmade doily.  A boundary garland would be fun for outside park parties with hanging doilies for kids to add to it and know not to go beyond, like one tree trunk to another tree trunk.

Thank you kindest Etsy buyer from The Destiny of Things!  I am so grateful that these doilies brought you old memories as well as made new ones for you and your children!
I sure do hope I see you next year!  Thank you so much for all your Hoarder Rehab support!

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.


60 standard 2.75" clothes pins for DIY garlands and other crafts, available here
Mini 1 inch natural wood clothes pins, available here or in mixed colors here

I've been listing new shop items and relisting items daily and weekly.  I have reached my goal of listing 180+ items at three shops!  Oopsy, two shops!  Two more shops to go!


Anyone out there have any suggestion or ideas on how to use the new Etsy format and new Etsy Studio to their shop's best advantage?  and if it has helped bump up your sales?



Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 175 items, The Destiny of Things- 181 items, VintageToGoEasy - 183 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 179 items.

Looks like Hoarder Rehab need will be my last shop to refill!  I'll be listing more this week!

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

If you need twine or string for your DIY garlands or other crafts, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Related Stories:



3.    Paper Lace Heart Doily Doilies:  The Destiny of Things, Story 170  : medium sized heart doilies in pink, red or white used as table confetti, craft activity and keepsakes in an exchange.

4.  Her story from last year's Valentine's here:  Heart Doilies and Fortune Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story 228 

Simply made garland with doilies and streamers, lower that children could add their own doily drawings, notes and kind words to describe the honored guest! DIY streamer, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

"Try to be a rainbow on someone's rainy day!"---Unknown



5 oOmg! Best timing for me to get this in the mail, ever. Actually best thing I've gotten in the mail for awhile QwQ Loved everything and love the penny sticker for my thoughts best, while the Tooth Saver treasure chest is my second fav! My love for dorky puns beats my nostalgia craving XD Mostly I love, how even if Pink may be my least fav color, none of the items were girly to me. Piggies, hearts, praying mantis, even the flowers aren't girly in my eyes. I'm so happy and really appreciate the note too! Hope this review encourages not only more customers but also you to keep doing what you do. Thank you again X3


I haven't made doily cards in years, but here are some examples.  The "Keep This Coupon" card is going to a friend, on the back of the card is the other half of the coupon,
The middle heart lace doily card is available here
and the last doodad was an experiment with a choya top

Thank you readers from all over the world that have taken the time to visit and support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!
5 oOmg! Best timing for me to get this in the mail, ever. Actually best thing I've gotten in the mail for awhile QwQ Loved everything and love the penny sticker for my thoughts best, while the Tooth Saver treasure chest is my second fav! My love for dorky puns beats my nostalgia craving XD Mostly I love, how even if Pink may be my least fav color, none of the items were girly to me. Piggies, hearts, praying mantis, even the flowers aren't girly in my eyes. I'm so happy and really appreciate the note too! Hope this review encourages not only more customers but also you to keep doing what you do. Thank you again X3

No comments:

Post a Comment