Monday, April 24, 2017

Fortune Teller Fish Party Favors: The Destiny of Things, Stories 454-466

Fortune Teller Fish Party Favors:  The Destiny of Things, Stories 455-466

Lots of fun stories about one of our most popular items, Fortune Telling Fish!

50 or 100+ Magic Love Fortune Teller Fish vintage retro style, available here

These will make bring back memories for many and make new ones for all who are young at heart! Just take out the red cellophane fish from it's bag and place it in your hand.  It's movements or lack of movements will tell you your "love" fortune!  Then turn the bag over and see what the fish has foretold!

50 or 100+ Magic Love Fortune Teller Fish vintage retro style, available here

Here are the fun notes and ideas I've received from Etsy buyers from our shops, The Destiny of Things and Hoarder Rehab:

Brought back a lot of childhood memories for my husband and I. My daughter loves them and took some to school for her friends!

Great for surprise balls that I make. Thank you !

I love these so much! I give them to friends and customers. The seller's adorable packaging and notes made my shipment extra special. Highly recommend! Thank you!

Perfect for my fortune telling party. Speedy shipping.

Fast shipping plus its of little cute extras! Will use for my art, gifts and snail mail - Thanks!!

Super cute! Using these as the "fortune teller" at my wedding. Great communication, fast shipping, and came with the most adorable little package of extras. Love!!

Fun activity for the kids

If you need less for small dinner parties, surprise balls or card insert fun, 8 or more are available here

And here are more ideas and stories from our shop, VintageToGoEasy:

Perfect and fast shipping. will be a cute addition to my 4-year-old's carnival birthday party.

These were perfect for my twin boys 5th birthday party which was a pirate theme. We also used them in goodie bags for their classes at school. Arrived on time with some extra goodies and a hand written note. Thanks!

I had forgotten to get a bunch of Fortune Teller Fish with my last order, so I got these right away. My daughter was especially happy that I got them so she could give some to her friends at school. :-) It's great having all these fun fish! Thank you so much! I highly recommend this fabulous shop and wonderful seller!

Shipped fast, very fun item. Using them as wedding favors :D

So many ways and fun ideas on how to use these!  From wedding favors to party celebrations in all kinds of different themes too!  Here are some of the themes Etsy buyers have shared with me over the years:  Carnival, circus, mermaid, pirate, nautical, fisherman, bohemian beach, magic and pool parties and of course, fortune telling parties!

If you need more than 100, they are available in amounts of 150, 200 and 250 count here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Saying Goodbye:  I keep my own stash of these and pass them out at least 3 times a week!  Who doesn't love a dancing fish!  I used to use these when I was a teacher to introduce my students to our magic themed teaching for science and math.

We'd play with them first and ooh and aahh and compare and relate, etc.  And then we'd have a debate, if these were really magic!  It would always turn out magical, fun, funny and sometimes loud, but when my students found out it was the science of chemistry, they all wanted to learn more magic!

I am so thankful they have turned out to be one of our hottest sellers at our shops!

Another fortune themed item!  500 fortune teller slips from Ask Swami napkin dispenser machines, as seen on the Twilight Zone episode, Nick of Time with William Shatner, available here
photo via VintageToGoeasy

What I Learned:

1.  The reason why I have a lot fortune and good luck related items in our shops is because when I first started my Hoarder Rehab it was very scary for me to let go of stuff and it felt just as scary as I was venturing out into an unknown and very uncertain future without my hoard!  

And I wanted a fun way to say, "thank you" to all the Etsy buyers, I thought a fortune themed related goodie bag was in order!  Yet I wanted a reminder to myself that a future without hoard was going to be all right, as each piece of hoard went off to it's new life and home!

2.  I am so grateful for my Hoarder Rehab on Etsy from all 4 shops!  It's taken a lot longer than I thought to dehoard, but it's been well worth it and the journey has turned into a road to self discovery!

3.  So far I have let go of 3845 items of my hoard.  I used to keep track of how much of it was my actual hoard and not repeat sales, but I lost count at 500.

4.  Almost all the time now, when a piece of hoard is let go, it's done peacefully.  In the beginning, I was a frantic wreck and letting go was very painful, caused a lot of high anxiety and stress, even tears with some, but now I'm grateful that the process has brought me this far and I have found a relative amount of serenity in letting go.

Here is a 20+ sample of my "thank you" packaging with fortune themed items, like a fortune fish, Swami Twilight Zone fortune slip, loteria game of chance cards and a penny for good luck, available here
photo via VintageToGoeasy

Thank you kind Etsy buyers from our shops!  I am so grateful that these fortune teller fish have brought back so many heartfelt memories and also made new ones in the process!

Thank you for sharing your ideas and stories to inspire myself and others!

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.

Here is a larger 60 plus sampler version and it comes all inside a loteria box!  I see at least nine fortune and good luck themed items!  available here

I will be listing new shop items daily until I reach my goal of listing 180+ items at all the shops!  but I think I need to start new listing again!  I've been busy with switching everything over at all 4 shops to the new Etsy studio format!
 
Anyone out there have any suggestion or ideas on how to use the new Etsy format and new Etsy Studio to their shop's best advantage?  and if it has helped bump up your sales?
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 170 items, The Destiny of Things- 179 items, VintageToGoEasy - 179 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 180 items.

Looks like every shop needs refills!  I'll start listing again this Tuesday!

Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

Here is a full complete set of 52 fortune cards, available here

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits! 

No comments:

Post a Comment