Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Fortune Fish & Fortune Cards Fortune Teller Office Party: The Destiny of Things, Story 417- 421

Fortune Fish & Fortune Cards Fortune Teller Office Party:  The Destiny of Things, Story 417- 421

Both are so fun to pass out during parties and weddings!  and much more!

6 to 30 Twilight Zone Swami Madame X fortune teller machine cards, available here.  Photo via Hoarder Rehab

The above are new old stock from vintage cafe diner Swami or Madame X Penny Fortune machines that not only dispensed your napkins but a fortune too!  So fun, I used to save up my pennies just to get see what Swami had to say!

The diner is long gone, but memories of thrifting with my brother along Orange circle and having lunch at the cafe and wait patiently until we got a booth with Swami was well worth it and just swell!

Anyways.... these fortune fish tellers are just as fun too!

50, 100 or 150+ Fortune Teller fish, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Since I was in wellness recovery mode from September to December, stories have been piling up and getting mixed up in my head, so I'm trying to catch up and lump some all together, so others can get different ideas and get inspired by how Etsy buyers use these fun items.

Here are some of the notes I received:

4 about the fortune fish:

"These are a lot of laughs! My husband did it...his fish was all over the place, curing/ turning, wiggling...for me - same fish - no movement...maybe a little tale flap> My husband said I'm a "cold fish!"  ha ha ha"

"So cute. The guests will love these !!!"

"Fast shipping plus its of little cute extras! Will use for my art, gifts and snail mail - Thanks!!"

"Super cute! Using these as the "fortune teller" at my wedding. Great communication, fast shipping, and came with the most adorable little package of extras. Love!!"

The back of it's bag has the information of your love fortune by how your fish moves in the palm of your hand.
50, 100 or 150+ Fortune Teller fish, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

 
4 about the Swami Madame X fortune teller machine cards: 

"Shipped super fast and exactly as described! Perfect for Halloween party favors at my office. I plan to surprise my coworkers w their fortunes! Thank you!"

Halloween may be over and it's too late for New Year's, but who doesn't love their fortune told at any office party or other parties, like Valentine's, Chinese New Year's, even St Paddy's or Mardi Gras!

"Perfect for a Twilight Zone party I hosted!! Thank you!"

"Looking forward to having some fun with these cards - they are awesome. Thanks!!!"

"Love it!! Thank you so so much :)" 

 A stack of 500 fortune cards for replacement refills inside your Swami or Madame X penny machine or Twilight Zone wedding favors or table confetti, available here 
photo via Hoarder Rehab 

Saying Goodbye:  I keep my own stash of these for "thank you" packaging orders from all our shops and for snail mail and card inserts.  They have become what I call my "rehoard" because they have become such popular items at all our shops that I can keep a hoard of them!

What I Learned: 

1.  I've always wanted a Swami penny napkin machine, but settled for my own complete set of these fortune card slips.  Yes, they come in complete set, like a deck of cards!  52 different fortune cards to collect and more! 

They come in 4 different suits, like a deck of cards, hearts, diamonds, spades and clubs with 13 characters for each suit, King, Queen, Jack, Ace and 10-2.

I've noticed the aces have have at least 2-4 different fortunes for each suit, so there's plenty to collect!  Unfortunately, I do not think a stack of 500 has a complete set in them, but maybe they do now because each stack seems to be different.

Order a complete set of 52 fortune cards here

2.   These would be fun to pass out at any party!  Halloween, Christmas, New Year's and next Valentine's!  Kids and everyone young at heart love these both!  They will bring back memories for the older crowd and make new ones for all ages!

3.  I'd love to see how the one Etsy buyer uses them in her art!  I haven't seen the fortune fish used in art yet.  I can see how it would make a great gift wrap topper or gift insert fun!

4.  I would love to see how they are used at a Twilight Zone party too!  As table confetti or party favor bag filler, pinata filler or a mini garland?

5.  One of the reasons, I started to collect fortune teller items to give away in my "thank you" packaging is because I really have no idea what the future holds for a recovering hoarder like me!  and mainly because each time I make them, it reminds me of how much better my life is now with dehoarding and how the "now" and my future is already so different and I have no idea what my life is going to be like without my hoard!

How would you like to use these fun fortunes?

Here is what a complete set of 52 looks like stacked by suit.
Order a complete set of 52 fortune cards here

Thank you Etsy buyers from Hoarder Rehab for letting me know your plans for these and leaving such kind compliments!  So fun for me!
 
I just love how these bring back old memories while making new ones!
 
All these stories and ideas really help me stay on track with mine.  They inspire and motivate to continue with my hoarder rehab!
And I've been spending more time in the music art room dehoarding it and organizing boxes and getting ready to list more in 2017!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.
 
 A grab bag fortune teller sampler, available here
Many of these items are also in our "thank you" order packaging.
photo via VintageToGoEasy

All the holiday festivities are catching up to me!  I still feel like I've gained 10 pounds and need to rest up and get ready for the New Year's festivities!  and then the Chinese New Year festivities! 
 
I tried to limit my holiday sugar intake, but with all the gluten free and dairy free baked goods these days, it was hard to pass up such holiday treats this year! 

I have been relisting almost daily and started new listing too!  So check out the shops now for new things!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 165 items, The Destiny of Things- 151 items, VintageToGoEasy - 169 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 162 items. 
 
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 Maneki Neko, the Japanese beckoning cat brings good fortune it's new owner and is typically given as a good luck welcome banner to hang by the door of a new shop, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Related Stories:

 
 
 
 
 
 The crane is a mystical creature and is said to live for over 1000 years.  For the Chinese, Korean and Japanese culture, it is a symbol of good fortune and longevity.  The Japanese call it the "bird of happiness."
Silk crane Fukusa set for Japanese tea ceremony, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab 
 
Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits! 
 
"Onwards and Upwards!"  MDF CLUB 

No comments:

Post a Comment