Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Fortune Fish for Gift Card Inserts: The Destiny of Things, Story 389

Fortune Fish for Gift Card Inserts:  The Destiny of Things, Story 389

Two kind Etsy shop owners now has these!

 NEW 30, 50, 75 or 100 lot Retro Fortune Teller Fish, available here 
photo via VintageToGoEasy

I received this:

Note from Buyer Looking forward to using these to include with gift cards! What fun! Thank you for all the 'likes' of our shop items - trustyboomer - Bruce and Molly B.

and later I got this note:

SUPER DUPER!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE AND SUCH A WONDERFUL NOTE AND GOODIES TUCKED INSIDE! Can't wait to put this to good old fashioned fun use! Merci!

So inspiring with great ideas!  Our shops accept Etsy gift cards, but maybe it would be a good idea to list Etsy gift cards too.  Or fun to add to gift giving cards, so easy to slip into an envelope and send off.  

My dad loved his annual Father's day hundred buck Starbucks gift card, he said he gets the royal treatment when he uses it there.  Next time, I use a gift card I'll be sure to slip in one of these.

I add them to all kinds of snail mail cards for any occasion, but use them especially for Valentine's!  Who doesn't love to have their love fortune told by a dancing fish!

All you do is take the fish out from the bag and put it on the palm of your hand and see what it does.  Depending on your love mood, it will tell you something!  Just look at the back of the bag envelope.

 NEW 30, 50, 75 or 100 lot Retro Fortune Teller Fish, available here 

Saying Goodbye:  I have some of these stashed in my purse and pass them out whenever I see someone needs a good cheering up.  Who doesn't love a fortune telling fish to pass on to someone else or share the fun!

What I Learned:

1.  Some of my favorite teaching props and tools have become quite popular at our Etsy shops and we keep these available and in stock all year long now.  I used these fortune telling fish to introduce magic themed teaching, which really is a great way to teach, math and different sciences, like chemistry, illusions and physics.

If you are interested in some teachable moments using these, you can read my blog posting here on how they work, here.

2.  I had so many of these leftover from my teaching days and they sold like hot cakes!  What a wonderful surprise!  Maybe there is a silver lining to my hoard!

3.  I am also grateful that many of my favorite well loved teaching props have gone off to better lives and homes now.  Some of them were painful to let go and others not, so it's been quite the emotional roller coaster ride and I've been learning how conflicting my teaching days were to me.  

I loved teaching my over 600+ students through the years, however getting them what they really needed each year, like books, pencil and paper, were some battles I'd rather forget.

 NEW 30, 50, 75 or 100 lot Retro Fortune Teller Fish, available here 

Thank you Molly, Etsy buyer from VintageToGoEasy  and shop owner of trustyboomer for leaving me such such great ideas in my "note to buyer."  I hope these bring you, friends and family many years of fun, exciting love fortunes and laughs.  
 
I love Molly and Bruce's shop name,  trustyboomer.  We might be the last of the last of the baby boomer generation and there are millions of us!  74.6 million to be exact!  And I think the last generation is at retiring age now!

Have some fun and bring back some boomer memories, by checking out their shop, here, it's booming with all the stuff baby boomers remember and cherish!  Here are some of my favorites, this mouse toy on wheels, here.  What memories.  I had one like it, but it was a vacuum cleaner and the balls inside it bounced around when moved. 

I just love vintage crepe paper and it's getting more difficult to find these days.  They have some in green by Dennison, here and in yellow, here.

And last, but not least, my all time favorites, advertising stuff!  From signs, to boxes to containers!  I just love them all!  They have a whole section, here!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!
 
 If you need these in smaller amounts, starting with 8+, they are available here

I'm still in my humdrum existence and still do not know what I need to do to get out of it yet, but I'm relisting daily and hopefully will new list items this week.  I was hoping to do some new listings the other day, but before I knew it the day was over!  Time just flew by!
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 179 items, The Destiny of Things- 180 items, VintageToGoEasy - 176 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 176 items.
 
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 Another popular shop item that were some of my teacher props to start off dental hygiene week and for anyone who lost a loose tooth! Available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Related Stories:  Some great ideas from many super creative Etsy buyers!

 
 
3.  Other wedding themed ideas:   Fortune Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story 238
 
4.  As Underwater theme decor, see update photos and story here  
 
 
6.  An Etsy buyer from NY sharing Fortune Fish with her college classmates as they study, Fortune Teller Miracle Fish by Cathryn Hankla:  The Destiny of Things, Story 152.  I also included some of my favorite passages, read it here 
 
7.  How these fish work:  Teachable Moments with  Fortune Fish Tellers:  The Destiny of Things, Story 180 
 
8.  With an updated photo from an Etsy buyer using some of my items from the "Thank you" package, here 
 
9.  Fortune Fish at a quilting bee where old memories made new ones! Read it here!
 
10.  Miracle Fish Fortune Teller Surprise Balls:  The Destiny of Things, Story XCII, here 
 
11.  UPDATE on A Little Girl and her Miracle Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story #112, Part 2, here
 
 
 
 Another fun teacher prop to introduce learning Spanish using a game!  It's called, Loteria and it's played like Bingo, but with cards, so the transition to play for everyone is easy!
Also, it's was a fun way to turn the tables for my Spanish only readers who were learning English to have some traditional fun while teaching our English only learners some Spanish and what it might feel like to be left out due to language barriers. 
Loteria game available herePhoto via JunkDrawerAndMore

"Some old memories making many new ones!"---Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!  

No comments:

Post a Comment