Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Mini Ballerina Replacement for Musical Teapot: The Destiny of Things, Story 404

Mini Ballerina Replacement for Musical Teapot:  The Destiny of Things, Story 404

I have seen these for jewelry and music boxes, but not a teapot!  BEFORE:

Mini ballerina with real tutu to replace broken ones for jewelry, music boxes and a teapot, available here

Here is the note I received from a kind Etsy buyer, Heather and shop owner of Pearl Glasses Vintage:

Hello! Thanks for my little ballerina and the kind note. She is being used as a replacement in a cute vintage musical teapot that plays "Tea for Two" and spins the ballerina. However, the original ballerina had sadly broke her dancing shoes...so it's great to find a replacement that closely matches the original!

AFTER: 

 The teapot is so cute!  and is available here at Heather's shop Pearl Glasses Vintage

It's a musical teapot that plays "Tea for Two" and the ballerina spins when the music is played?  How wonderful, is that?  See it in action spinning and listen to it's sweet music here, https://youtu.be/Zlwbh3T9Dx8 

Did you check it out?  When you lift up the teapot is plays the song and the ballerina spins and when you put the teapot down it stops!  What magic!

Wouldn't this be a great for a tea party?  especially with children?  Everyone will want to take turns serving tea!

 The teapot is adorable! and available here at Heather's shop Pearl Glasses Vintage

Good thing I'm a recovering hoarder who is changing my ways, otherwise I'd find a good excuse, I mean, reason to buy this!  Ever since, we've stocked these little twirly girl ballerinas, I've seen so many different kinds of jewelry and/or music boxes that include them, but I've never ever seen a teapot!  And it plays "Tea for Two"?  Incredibly awesome!

Mini ballerina with real tutu to replace broken ones for jewelry, music boxes and a teapot, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Saying Goodbye:  We don't have many of these left in stock and most likely won't be finding anymore.  I just counted and we only have 3 available.  I have my own stash of these put away, so I won't miss them!

Most of the vintage jewelry music boxes I see now are like the one above.
I'm not sure where I found this photo.

What I Learned:  

1.  Some of my vintage art hoard is very popular and sell out fast!  When I found these, I had no idea they were for vintage jewelry or music boxes.  I thought they were cupcake toppers, but I got them because I was going through a circus themed art phase.

Well, actually I was more like hoarding circus themed mini figurines!  I thought I'd be making some mixed media art with a circus theme, but I haven't as of yet.

2.  I've been really ill lately, like I've hit rock bottom.  Lots of ailments to speak of, but the 3 main ones are my mystery allergies (meaning I can't figure out what I'm allergic too yet!  I haven't changed anything, so either my immune system needs more attention or something I usually eat or wash or clean with has changed ingredients.) and for the past couple weeks, I've caught a cold that can't decide to either go away or go full blown.

My insomnia is back and lastly, my sciatica is at it's worst and I've decided to take control of it all and focus as much time as I can on recovering my health and rebuilding my back.

  Here is a ballerina from an Etsy buyer who refurbishes jewelry boxes for her collection.  
Mini ballerina with real tutu to replace broken ones for jewelry, music boxes and a teapot, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

3.  In the beginning, I had to spend a lot of time resting, so I've been reading a lot.  Lots of different books and I've been so indecisive lately, that I just pick one up and turn to a page and start reading.  

Every book I picked off my shelf and every page I've turned to has given me clues to so many of my questions, but this one in particular called "Live the Life You Love" by Barbara Sher had the perfect little gem on why I hoard that actually makes sense to me!  I hoard because everything I see and want and buy has "potential."

It makes me feel like life has potential.  It may look like clutter and junk, but every item I save represents an opportunity!

And like Barbara Sher says, "clutter isn't a problem for me.  Clutter solves a problem for me."  She hit the nail so hard for me it hurts!  And goes on to say, "Clutter in the background gives the illusion that I'm surrounded by projects just waiting to be done."

What to do about it?  I'm still trying to figure out, but it has given me a shift in my hoarding ways!

4.  Unfortunately, I have to give my hoard and what to do about it a rest, which I suppose might be good because I'm still in shock over the "hoard potential" epiphany because now I'm going to focus on my health until I'm fully recovered.

Rebuilding my back is going to take 2-6 months with exercises I need to do 6-8 times a day.  It sounds like a lot of time and dedication, but I've had sciatica for about the same time and can no longer tolerate not sitting in a conventional chair or car and being that sedentary is most likely making my back worse!

 This cute little box could use a new ballerina!
Don't remember where I found this photo, probably on google.
Mini ballerina with real tutu to replace broken ones for jewelry, music boxes and a teapot, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

5.  Which means my hoard and Etsy shops are going to take the back seat for awhile, which hasn't been easy for me to do because I think I've become addicted to Etsy.  

When my allergies first started to get worse, I tried to go on an Etsy diet, but didn't do so well on it.  Finally it seems, it has cost me more of my health and now I'm on a "cold turkey" Etsy diet and all I can really do or have time for now is to maintain my shops.

6.  And since I'm so indecisive, I need time to sort things out or maybe I'll just maintain my shops without doing Etsy chores and see how the chips fall.  My saving grace is that at least my shops bring me some sort of familiar routine, while I spend most of my time on a complete recovery.

Mini ballerina with real tutu to replace broken ones for jewelry, music boxes and a teapot, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Thank you Etsy buye, Heather and shop owner of Pearl Glasses Vintage for sharing your musical "Tea for Two" teapot with a photo, video and a little note.  It inspires me and I hope it inspires others too!
 
All these stories and ideas really help me stay on track with mine. And I am so happy to find another clue to the mystery of why I hoard.
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways!
 
 This ballerina sure could use a tutu cover up!
Mini ballerina with real tutu to replace broken ones for jewelry, music boxes and a teapot, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

So I guess my Etsy burn out mode has turned into emergency wellness recovery mode, so I can improve my health little by little until I reach full recovery.  I never did figure out what was causing my rash and I still get it every once in awhile.

The position I was offered to join an educational children animation program is still in the works, but it's been so long now I can barely keep my fingers crossed. 
 
I have so many items to relist that I hope to be listing new items next week.

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 149 items, The Destiny of Things- 149items, VintageToGoEasy - 166 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 172 items. 
 
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 This Etsy buyer informed me that she's almost done refurbishing her childhood jewelry box.  She just needs the mirror now.

Related Stories:
 
 
 Mother Daughter duo, so happy they've fixed their heirloom jewelry box together!
 Someone promises to be more careful with Ms. Ballerina this time!
Mini ballerina with real tutu to replace broken ones for jewelry, music boxes and a teapot, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore
 
Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!

Oh my, one more ballerina sold while I was writing this, so now there are only 2 available.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment