Friday, July 15, 2016

Mini Sugar Plum Fairy Ballerinas: The Destiny of Things, Story 396

Mini Sugar Plum Fairy Ballerinas:  The Destiny of Things, Story 396

Fun Sugar Plum theme project from an Etsy buyer shop owner duo!

 DIY Sugar Plum Fairy Ballerinas for cupcake toppers or jewelry music box replacements, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Emails from Allison of willowvalleyvintage:

The package arrived today!!! I LOVE them!!!

Thanks for the goody bag too! My daughter is a Special Ed teacher and she'll find fun ways to put those treasures to use---I'm sure her students will get a kick out of that magic fish!

I'm thinking of a sugar plum fairy theme and putting them on top of metal tart molds. Just trying to figure out the best way to attach them.

That's a new great idea!  Sounds like lots of candy, sugar glitter and sparkly tiara fun with the Nutcracker Suite playing in the background!

And the Magic Fish is a science lesson in itself.  I used the Magic Fish as a prop and every student got one when I introduced "magic" as teaching theme.  It will catch everyone's attention, especially if you give a good uninterrupted 5-10 minutes of play time and then have a debate about if it's really magic or not.

Magic Fortune Fish in classroom quantities, ideas for teachable moments and link to how they work, available here

Saying Goodbye:  I have my own stash put away for my mixed media art and also to make some necklace pendants out of them, so hopefully you'll see the necklaces listed in my shops soon!

 DIY Sugar Plum Fairy Ballerinas for cupcake toppers or jewelry music box replacements, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

What I Learned:

1.  There are so many Etsy creatives out there!  It's so motivating and inspiring to get going on all my projects that are rolling around inside my head.  As a matter of fact, I have so many ideas spinning around like a broke record, that I finally got wise and started to write them down, so my head can empty of them!

2.  Maybe I'll even stop buying things for all the projects in my head and start making them!

3.  However, lately I've been so tired from lack of good sleep that about all I can do all day long is stay awake!  I used to have really bad insomnia, but have been sleeping well for about a year now, except for the month of July!  

We live in a part of Los Angeles that loves their fireworks, firecrackers and M-80 cherry bombs and I have noticed that from the end of June to the beginning of August they are going off at all times in the night.  Independence day is the worst with fireworks and firecrackers going off all night non stop!  By morning there is a haze of smoke pollution!

4.  So I've noticed some very bad habits I use to stay awake that I never noticed before because I've used them all my life to stay awake when I had insomnia, so it was just an everyday part of my life back then, but not now!  Like several cups of coffee when I get up and then again in the late afternoon, snacking keeps me awake, especially salty crunchy snacks, like potato chips and a couple of other habits that I'm too tired to remember at this moment.

5.  QUICK HISTORY:  The "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" is a dance for a ballerina. It is the third movement in The Nutcracker pas de deux. This pas de deux is from Act 2 of the 1892 ballet The Nutcracker. It is danced by the principal female dancer.
 
The ballet is based on E.T.A. Hoffmann's 1816 fairy tale The Nutcracker and the Mouse King adapted by van Vsevolozhsky and Marius Petipa.  It tells the story of a little girl who goes to the Land of Sweets on Christmas Eve.  Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky wrote the music. Marius Petipa and Lev Ivanov designed the dances. 
 
Do the sugar plum fairies dance in  your head when you can't sleep?  

 Here is a ballerina from an Etsy buyer who refurbishes jewelry boxes for her collection.  DIY Sugar Plum Fairy Ballerinas for cupcake toppers or jewelry music box replacements, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Thank you creative Etsy buyer and Mother Daughter shop owner duo from willowvalleyvintage for the inspiration and fun idea for sugar plum themed projects.  I hope get an update for your finished projects for Christmas, perhaps.  And I hope your class has a great time with the magic fish!

Check out their shop often because they are always getting new fun stuff at, willowvalleyvintage here!  I just love their shop because it has a lot of stuff that brings back many childhood memories for me, like this, this and that!  And my last favorite is this one because that's how I'm feeling without sleep these days!
 
In the mean time, I hope others out there will get ideas for a sugar plum princess or Nutcracker fairy tale story themed birthday party fun!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!
 
 Here is a ballerina from an Etsy buyer who is fixing her childhood jewelry box.  DIY Sugar Plum Fairy Ballerinas for cupcake toppers or jewelry music box replacements, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy 

I've been new listing and relisting items on each shop daily and weekly, so check them out!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 182 items, The Destiny of Things- 180 items, VintageToGoEasy - 183 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 182 items.
 
Looks like several shop needs some new listings for next week!
 
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 Another Mother Daughter duo fixing their heirloom jewelry box together!
DIY Sugar Plum Fairy Ballerinas for cupcake toppers or jewelry music box replacements, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Related Stories: 

 
 
 
 
 
6.  My first replacement story from an Etsy buyer:   The Destiny of Things:  Musical "Happy Birthday" Cake Stand, Story II  
 
 
"The children were nestled all snug in their beds, while visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads;"   from Twas The Night Before Christmas poem. 
 
Happy Friday!  Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!

No comments:

Post a Comment