Monday, July 11, 2016

Fantasy Make Up & Hair Gumball Capsule Display: The Destiny of Things, Story 395

Fantasy Make Up & Hair Gumball Capsule Display:  The Destiny of Things, Story 395

With photo update!  Before:

 50 or 100 empty gumball capsules, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Little note from Etsy buyer:

I used those capsules for my fantasy makeup & hair project from cosmetology class.  Thank u so much!!

AFTER:
I'm always asking what the capsules will be filled with and now I know!
photo via Etsy buyer from Hoarder Rehab

What a great imagination!  How fun too!  The class must have had a great time getting fantasy make up and hair ideas from her display while having some treats too!  So cool!

I spy the mini USA flag I sent along too as a fun reminder of Independence day!

 These are usually used as part favor containers for small treats, trinkets, table confetti or pinata fillers, this is the first as a creative display for class!  So cool!
50 or 100 empty gumball capsules, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Saying Goodbye:  I have my own stash of these in my favorite colors and in colors I don't see often, like silver and gold.  I'd love to own some black one!  I mostly see them in rainbow colors and sometimes pastels.

10 empty pastel gumball capsules, available here

What I Learned:

1.  There are so many creative people out there using these in so many different ways!  Two different kinds of fairy lights, cat toys, bento box shaped food containers and I've been saving mine for a mixed media art project called, childhood memories, which houses all my favorite things from childhood that I can not let go of!  

Mostly my childhood jewelry, like my famous hopscotch bracelet that I could use and complete the game on one turn!  A favorite bird pin that was my first from my Grandmother that came in the cutest wrapping from Bullocks.  A Victorian ring my Mother gave me in my teens, the opal kept falling out and the seed pearls too.  Some of my souvenir worry dolls, a clay rose ring and abalone locket from Mexico, just to name a few, but I have a hoard saved up now!

2.  Of course, I started off with a hoard of these for my mixed media art projects and now they've become a popular item at our shops, so I'm really grateful for that.  

3.  Also, I'm always so curious about what Etsy buyers fill these with and even more surprised to find out it's way more creative than just filling them up with stuff!  Such fun interaction and great ideas to share all the way around!

10 empty gumball capsules in orange and green for Halloween, available here
We have them in red and green for Christmas too, request it and I'll list them early.
We have them in all pink or request your team colors!

Thank you Etsy buyer from Hoarder Rehab for the inspiration and fun idea as a centerpiece table display for your fantasy make up and hair cosmetology class.  I bet someone out there will get ideas for a princess or fairy tale story character birthday party centerpiece!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!
 
 10 empty gumball capsules in primary or Ninja Turtle colors, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

I've been new listing and relisting items on each shop daily and weekly, so I hope you take a look!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 183 items, The Destiny of Things- 179 items, VintageToGoEasy - 183 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 183 items.
 
Looks like one shop needs some new listings!
 
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
10 gumball capsules in Dr. Seuss or Patriotic or circus carnival colors, available here

Related Stories:
 
 
 
What creative things will you make with yours and what will you put inside them? 
 
Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!  Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment