Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Monkey Cocktail Drink Toppers: The Destiny of Things, Story 393

Monkey Cocktail Drink Toppers:  The Destiny of Things, Story 393

More old memories making new ones!  What a barrel of fun!

 Choose 4 to 20 monkeys in different color mixes, available here

Here is her story:

Note from Buyer I would like to request an orange, red and blue mix, all vintage please. (No greens) I love your hoarder recovery plan! My story is this... As a child, on special occasions, my parents would take our family to the nicest restaurant in Montgomery, Alabama - The Elite. They would order us Shirley Temples and the drinks would come out with a plastic sword pierced through a lime wedge and monkeys hanging from the rim of the glass. I thought it was magical and I am excited to recreate that feeling at home as an adult! Thank you for letting others be a part of your recovery!  

More fun than a barrel of monkeys!  Her story reminds me of mine:

We used to go to my Mom's favorite French restaurant in Newport Beach, called the Arches.  It's closed now, but it had been open for 90 years, since 1922.  Maybe it was a steak and seafood restaurant, but I do remember the waiters wearing tuxes and a white towel over their arms. a three tiered appetizer tray with pate on one level and my Shirley Temple coming with the brightest almost glowing red cherry with a mermaid hanging on it, while my brother's came with a monkey!

My mermaid and his monkey had major battles until an arm or a tail broke off!

 The monkeys can either hang by their tails or stand on the lip of most glasses.
Choose 4 to 20 monkeys in different color mixes, available here
 
Saying Goodbye:  I have my own stash of these saved in all the different colors and most mine are vintage, which are getting more difficult to find and once I find them they are very expensive now.  Below are some of my extra stash of true vintage monkeys.
 
 True vintage cocktail monkeys marked 1961 on each tail, available here,
in the hard to find gray color too!
photo via VintageToGoEasy

What I Learned:

1.  My generation is sharing these with the new generations and using them in other creative ways!  Some have added them to crowns for baby showers, the most popular are cupcake and cake toppers for all kinds of themed parties, like zoo, carnival, circus, jungle, safari and Curious George.

Some use them as plant jewelry and order more as their plants grows bigger!  They've been used in terrariums too!

2.  I've been saving mine to use in my mixed media art and also use them for a pop of color around the house for my vignettes.

3.  All ages love these!  My generation and my parents generation love them from the memories of going out to dinner and cocktail drinks.  What kind of memories will they hold for you and yours?
 
 Cocktail drink mermaid toppers, like I used to get with my Shirley Temple, available here in 30 or more count.
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Thank you Etsy buyer from The Destiny of Things for inspiring and motivating me with your emails.  I've been a little down about my hoarder recovery, but your emails really cheered me up!  Thank you!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!
 
 24 or 48 assorted mix of all the different cocktail toppers I could find, available here

Despite the pain from my sciatica and the fact that I still can't sit down in a conventional chair or drive or be driven in a car, and the delay glitches in Etsy's third party processing payments, I've been adding new listings and relisting daily!  Yipee!
 
I'd suggest that anyone buying on Etsy use PAYPAL, otherwise your payment may take anywhere from 24 to 48 plus hours to clear and we won't be able to ship out until we know payments have cleared.  Recently, we’ve had a couple of order payments take over 3 days to clear and now we have many pending from at least 2 shops, ranging from 24 hours of more or less time to take to clear payment.
 
We ship out every Monday, Wednesday and Friday and get orders ready to ship the day before after payment clears, 3 pm, PST.  If payment does not clear by that time, it goes out at our next scheduled shipping date.  If a holiday lands on one of our shipping dates, we mail it out on our next scheduled shipping day.
   
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 181 items, The Destiny of Things- 180 items, VintageToGoEasy - 182 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 183 items.
 
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 I was so inspired by an Etsy buyer who calls them plant jewelry and orders more as her plant grows that I added some to my plants too!  So fun!
Choose 4 to 20 monkeys in different color mixes, available here
 
Related Stories:
 

2.  An Etsy buyer had her mermaid for over 50 years and then found it broken:  Retro Plastic Mermaid Cocktail Drink Charms:  The Destiny of Things, Story #116
 
 
 
 
6.  Last month's story of old memories making new ones:  Memories Live On with 6 Party Animal Toppers!  The Destiny of Things, Story 391
 
A neon lime green monkey has since been added to this art I bought from an Etsy artist to join the little pink car too add a pop of color to the bottom of this piece, "The Rat Race."
I've added the car to symbolize those that are racing off to the end! and the monkey for those that are having a barrel of fun joining in!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!

No comments:

Post a Comment