Friday, October 14, 2016

Eye Glam Halloween Mermaid Costume Accessory Kit: The Destiny of Things, Story 406

Eye Glam Halloween Mermaid Costume Accessory: The Destiny of Things, Story 406

I got these for a different reason and it didn't work out, but it did for someone else!

Revlon Rhinestone Eye Glam Kit, available here

I received this short and sweet note:

Exactly what I need for my mermaid costume for Halloween. Thank you very much.

I am so happy to make my mistake into a win!  Of course, I'd love to be a fly on the wall and how she uses these for her Halloween mermaid costume, but maybe she'll look like something like this!

Revlon Rhinestone Eye Glam Kit, available here
 
There is a beautiful mermaid make up tutorial on how to apply cosmetics to your face and body using Spirit gum to apply gems and sequins, it is theatrical make up glue used since the 1890s and can be removed with baby oil.  Anyways, to see the beautiful mermaid and learn how to apply is here:

Info and application from Etsy blog, link below.  Mermaid scales accessory beautifully created:  Etsy blog link on how to tutorial:

https://www.etsy.com/blog/en/2013/halloween-mermaid-makeup-tutorial/

I tried to download a photo of the magnificent mermaid, but couldn't figure it out, but it's definitely worth a looksie!

Revlon Rhinestone Eye Glam Kit, available here
 
Saying Goodbye:  I am so happy to say goodbye to these!  I have several pieces of jewelry that are missing different color rhinestones and I thought I could replace them with these, but they are all too big.  Boo hoo!

Here is an example of one of the jewelry pieces that needs a rhinestone.
Sterling red enamel lingerie pin, missing a rhinestone available here

What I Learned:

1.  It's so difficult for me to buy stuff when I'm trying to replace something and usually just end up guessing the size, etc.  And guessing wrong!

As a recovering hoarder, I think this might be easily solved, if I just buy stuff or find things that's either not broken or doesn't need to be fixed or missing something.  Let's see how that goes!

2.  As a recovering hoarder, trying not to buy more stuff, when I do and it doesn't turn out like I thought, I need to remember that it's okay to make mistakes and forgive myself, let it go and move on.

I am very hard on myself, as a recovering hoarder and used to beat myself over buying things I shouldn't have, but now I know this is counter productive towards my progress and am learning to forgive myself more easily.  Baby steps!
 
It hasn't been easy for me to change my habits, but learning to forgive myself for my mistakes, instead of dwelling on them has helped me immensely!

Do you need mermaid decorations to match your mermaid theme party?
30 or 50 or 100 Little Mermaid wedding anniversary champagne cocktail drink wine charms cake toppers, available here
Smaller amounts, like 8 or more are available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

3.  My health has taken a turn for the worst in many areas, but instead of lamenting about it, I'm taking the time to change my health into a full recovery program!  I am eating better (I've cut out sugar and dairy and other stuff again for my allergies), I started physical therapy for my sciatica, which is basically rebuilding my back.  It should take about 2-6 months.

I've started many other things to improve my health, like meditation for the pain and starting a very easy limited exercise program, relaxing more outside in the sun and enjoying reading books again.

4.  However, this means I need to spend less time on Etsy, especially with Etsy chores, like relisting and new listing ( I used to relist and new list almost daily and now it's weekly ), spending a lot of weekend time taking photos (we spend less time taking photos, hence new listing less too), how many times I check Etsy emails a day, promoting other shops (which I feel guilty about not doing and even though I tell myself my health is more important, I still have conflicting feelings about no promoting others) and responding to treasuries (Etsy has cancelled treasuries for some reason, so at least I don't feel guilty about not commenting and faving them, etc.)

5.  I tried taking less time to write my blog posts or to write when I have little window of feeling better and just take a bit of time daily to write one posting, but I lose focus too easily and forget to include what I want to write or other stuff I deem important, so I decided to write and blog post, when I have good days.

For instance, I got some Etsy buyers mixed up lately with who bought what and I forgot to include on Etsy's buyers shop!  I know if I try to add it to last time's blog post, it will not work for me because the page format will get all messed up and I don't know how to fix it, once it gets like that so I'm adding it here below.

Mermaid Under the Sea loteria art cards, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

5.  It's been very difficult to put my health over everything else, until now.  I've been so used to as a teacher, taking care of everyone else and it also stems from my childhood of taking care of my family, but now, even though it feels strange I've been focusing on my own self care first!

6.  I still have a lingering head cold that can't decide to stay or go away, so today I've decided to take care of myself like I'm a sick kid who gets to stay home from school and just rest, do stuff when I have the energy, nap a lot, eat and drink to help get rid of this cold once and for all!

I have books, healthy drinks and other remedies at my bedside to keep me company and help me through the day.

Another fun mermaid. merman, pirate costume accessory, shell lei necklaces, available here

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore for sharing your story with me and letting me know you are going to be a beautiful mermaid using these for Halloween! 
 
All these stories and ideas really help me stay on track with mine. And I am so happy to start forgiving myself when my hoard goes haywire, instead of getting down on my self and making my life worse.

Oh, I seem to have gotten Etsy buyers and stories mixed up and need to give some more love to my last blog post story inspirer!  Last Wednesday's blog post was about an Etsy buyers, "Anti Monsanto Halloween costume" and she has an Etsy shop too, Moonlight Martini!

I could spend hours in her shop browsing, but here are some of my favorites!  A vintage Let's Boogie Patch, here, mod 60s neon flower power stickers, here and lastly, Ambassador Magma Monster Claw!

And there's more, she has the cutest story about how she got started in retail on her about page, here (it's worth reading due to it's funniness and fun!) and many of her items have been in TV shows, so you can read about that on her profile, here.
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways!
 
 Mini mermaid treasure chests, available here
 
Little by little, I am feeling stronger and stronger each day as I focus on my self care.  My health ailments were starting to pile up, like my hoard, but I'm taking care of them now and it feels really good to do so.

I will continue to relist and new listing weekly until I recover again!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 154 items, The Destiny of Things- 152 items, VintageToGoEasy - 164 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 176 items. 
 
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 Maybe someone will need a little bed time story from a little mermaid party, book with story book bell to turn the pages with cassette, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Related Stories:

1.  Anti Monsanto Halloween Costume & Mini Dollar Bills: The Destiny of Things, Story 405

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!  

"Your past mistakes are meant to guide you, not define you."  Unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment