Monday, July 18, 2016

Mermaid Drink Toppers & Fortune Fish for Stocking Stuffers and More! The Destiny of Things, Story 397

Mermaid Drink Toppers & Fortune Fish for Stocking Stuffers and More!  The Destiny of Things, Story 397

Wow!  Etsy buyers are already getting ready for Christmas!

30, 50, 75 or 100 mini Little Mermaid wine cocktail drink toppers, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Etsy buyer, Carla and Etsy shop owner of DaffodillLaneStudio ordered a large amount of these for Christmas stocking stuffers for her daughters to use at their cocktail parties! 

And she ordered Fortune Fish to use as "thank you" inserts for her art assemblage dolls she sells at her shop, DaffodillLaneStudio.

 50 or 100 or 150+ Fortune Teller Fish, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Each package has a little cellophane fish inside it.  Simply take the fish out and set it in the palm of your hand and it's movements or lack of movements will tell you your love fortune for the moment at hand.

Each fish has directions on how to use them on them.
50 or 100 or 150+ Fortune Teller Fish, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Then just check the back of the package to see what your fish foretells!  All ages young and old loves these because who doesn't love a dancing fish!  For the older folk it will bring back memories and for the little ones, it's a magic moving fish and will make new memories!

 Great vocabulary builder for children, especially synonymous and antonyms.
Also a great lesson in chemistry for science as a fun teachable moment!
50 or 100 or 150+ Fortune Teller Fish, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Saying Goodbye:  I have my own reserve of the fortune telling fish and the mermaid drink toppers for all guests of any age.   When I was a teacher, I used the fortune fish through out the year, usually to teach math and science through magic during Halloween and vocabulary building and English Language Development fun during Valentines.

An example of how to use the mermaids for a Halloween or birthday party.
Ursala-tini's for the adults and Mermaid punch for the kids!
We also have the mermaids in red and green, if needed for a Christmas party!
30, 50, 75 or 100 mini Little Mermaid wine cocktail drink toppers, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

What I Learned:

1.  Etsy buyers are already getting prepared for Christmas!  I guess it's all the Christmas in July promotions.  Last Friday's posting was from willowvalleyvintage, who ordered some mini ballerinas to make some sugar plum fairies!  And it was their treasury that brought us all together!  Thank you!  

1.  It just amazes me as to how much of my hoard has become some of our most popular items at our shops!  It's been a real surprise to see what sells and becomes most popular.  Much of it has been from my teacher destash, like the fortune teller fish.

2.   I've been collecting cocktail drink toppers for many years now and had many boxes of these all sorted by color and animals, etc.  They bring back memories of my childhood with Shirley Temple drinks, but many Etsy buyers use them as cake toppers!  From Frida Kahlo fiesta la sirena Day of the Dead to Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Pirate, and Beach weddings and birthday celebrations!

3.  I use the fortune teller fish as card inserts, thank you packaging inserts, in surprise balls, Advent calendar fun, my mixed media art and bon bon cracker snaps prizes!  even as book markers!

How will you use yours?

In smaller amounts, like 8 or more and in different colors, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Thank you creative Etsy buyer Carla and Etsy shop owner of DaffodillLaneStudio for the inspiration and fun ideas for "thank you" inserts and to plan ahead for Christmas stocking stuffer gifts. 
 
Check out her shop, DaffodillLaneStudio often because I'm hoping her Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas doll compositions are as darling cute as her 4th of July assemblages!  
 
I just love her creative fun shop because it has a lot of stuff that I'd love to make too, like this pink July 4th doll, this purple doll assemblage and that Kewpie style twins!  And my last favorite is this one because this doll is named after her shop!  or at least that's what I think.
 
Maybe I will join in the fun and transform some of my frozen Charlotte penny dolls too!  She has taken such detail and care in creating her assemblages.  So inspiring, so motivating!  Thank you, Carla!
 
Also by coincidence or was it fate?  Carla found the fortune fish in a Treasury made by willowvalleyvintage.  And they both ended up ordering and sharing their stories and ideas with me!  How cool is that?  Read willowvalleyvintage, below, in related stories!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!
 
 I have several dozens of these dolls and just love vintage velvet and silk flowers, so maybe if they don't find new homes, I'll make them into something different, like Carla has inspired!  Choose a bisque frozen Charlotte penny doll, here

I've been new listing and relisting items on each shop daily and weekly, so check them out!  I didn't hear one M80 last night, so maybe I'll be able to get some sleep now!  Yipee!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 183 items, The Destiny of Things- 181 items, VintageToGoEasy - 184 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 183 items.
 
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 This is about as far as I get with my figurine assemblage, so maybe I should try getting more fancy and detailed now that I've been inspired.  What has inspired you today?  Sweet little rabbit with flower, available here
 
Related Stories:
 
 
 
 
4.  How the fortune teller fish work:  Teachable Moments with  Fortune Fish Tellers:  The Destiny of Things, Story 180 
 
5.  I think we all might have met each other through an Etsy treasury by willowvalleyvintage, who shared their story and ideas too, here, Mini Sugar Plum Fairy Ballerinas:  The Destiny of Things, Story 396
 
"Harmony.  It's not what's lasting or permanent.  It is about individual voices coming together for a moment.  And that moment lasts a length of a breath, or in my instance a transaction.  That's what I think about my time here."---Frank Underwood from House of Cards or in my case, I think it's "destiny, as well as harmony."

View my House of Cards - Frank Underwood, Harmony quote double sided reversible washi tape collage art here, here and here!  It's a series of three so far!
Above is my first in the series.
photo via Hoarder Rehab
 
Thanks for stopping bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment