Friday, July 8, 2016

Mini Glassine Bags for Junk Journals and Pen Pals: The Destiny of Things, Story 394

Mini Glassine Bags for Junk Journals and Pen Pals:  The Destiny of Things, Story 394

A fun idea from a kind Etsy shop owner with photo updates!  Yippee! 

25, 50 or 100 mini 2 x 3.5 glassine bags, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

She sent me an email from her Etsy shop, Camilliaspapercraft:

Hi thank you so much for the extras! I use these bags to send little things to my pen pals or to put in my junk journals. Thanks again ❤️

and here's what I wrote back:

Hi Camillia!

Thank you so much for the email! So good to hear from you and your great ideas. I hope I can use your fun ideas for my blog and I can either leave you anonymous or link it to you shop.

Love to see some junk journal pages of yours to add to my blog too with or without the little bags. I'm always so curious to see what others are doing and it's so inspiring to me.

Thanks again for your ideas and many happy sales to you!
Kennedy

Here are the lovely photos she sent!

Visit her shop, Camilliaspapercraft for more luscious paper for crafting!
photo via Camillia

I usually use these when I send smaller gifts in a larger bag or for special little something's that might get lost in a letter, so they don't get lost, but have never used mine to add a little pocket page in a journal.  Look how cute that is!

Visit her shop, Camilliaspapercraft for luscious paper for crafting and journal kits!
photo via Camillia

I wonder if this is a little sample of things she sends to her pen pals.  Looks so fun and inspiring!

I mainly use mine for shop packaging for Twilight Zone fortune teller cards from the vintage Swami or Madame X machines, as you can see in the photo above.
25, 50 or 100 mini 2 x 3.5 glassine bags, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Saying Goodbye:  I just love glassine bags and have quite the collection of them in all different sizes because I use them as card envelopes.  I used to use wax paper bags, but those are very difficult for me to find these days.  Too bad these don't hold business cards or gift cards, but they do hold a small handful of little treats!

 Too bad these don't hold business cards or gift cards, but they do hold a small handful of little treats and are FDA and USDA compliant and grease resistant for any foods, like mini cookie samples or candies.
25, 50 or 100 mini 2 x 3.5 glassine bags, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab 
 
What I Learned:
 
1.  Inspiration can come from anywhere and this one came from a paper crafter Etsy shop owner with good timing too!  I think this is a sign for me to try something else because I can feel the stress of a hoard binge coming on!

2.  I have been a little down with dehoarding lately and some other things, like drama trauma.  I need to get back on track and unfortunately, I am motivated by rewards and I either love to eat them or buy them, which is not very healthy for a recovering hoarder!  And when the stress starts to pile on, retail therapy rewards are instant and a long time soothing friend of mine.

So maybe I'll see what a  junk journal is all about with google and see if I can try that as an alternative to more hoard retail therapy.
 
3.   It's been in the back of mind to use my "Waitressing check book receipts" as my daily "to do" list journal and then at the end of the day use the back page for my daily gratitude list, but that takes such commitment! lol  
 
Waitressing was my mad money during high school and put me through college and paid my rent and I loved these little books back then and still do!
 
I also love the the carbon copy receipt inventory books I used to use when I was a landlord for everyone's monthly rent.
 
Unfortunately, my journals are practical and don't look very nice, so maybe that's a new alternative project to hoarding that I can begin.  Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to share photos of my journals.

What kind of journals are your favorite and how many journals do you have to keep track of your life?  And what exactly is a junk journal? is it like a scrapbook?  
 
I keep a personal diary, a health and home improvement journal, dream log, quotes book for all my favorite quotes, a stamp book, which is basically just a blotter and pages where I try out ideas and a daily planner, which basically I just jot down my Etsy notes in and use it as a to do list, a gratitude list and none of journals look as nice as the sample photo of Camillias junk journal!

Uh, I think I'm hoarding journals!  Maybe this is a little nudge calling me to spice up my journals!

Restaurant Waitress Guest Check Receipt book, available here
 
Thank you Etsy buyer shop owner, Camillia!!!!! for sending me your kind email and fun and inspiring photo updates!  I'm running with journal ideas now and just hope I stay inspired and motivated!  And use what I have and not buy anything more!
 
What a reminder that as a recovering hoarder I need keep myself in check with my hoard!  I have tons of journals because not only do I start them and not finish them, but I do finish at least one every year and stash it away!
It's so difficult for me to decide when enough is enough!  Thank you Camillia!
 
Check out Camillia's Etsy shop, Camilliaspapercraft for all kinds of different paper ephemera. She has pretty tags, here.  Paper flowers with rhinestone accents, here.  And my favorite is this junk journal, here.  Go get inspired!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!
 
 Just in case, someone needs larger 7 x 3 gusset bags, available here
I use these all the time to package my "thank you" extras to send out with orders.
 
I was coming out of my Etsy rut and was listing new items on all my shops, but it didn't help that Etsy is having 2-5 day delays in confirming payment with credit card orders.  Luckily we only lost 1 order because an Etsy buyer was on a deadline and it's still unknown when an order payment will clear.  Today it seems to be taking less than 24 hours, but it was taking up to a week.

As a matter of fact, it started with Camillia's order, which was at the end of June because I remember getting a pending payment email from Etsy and having to hold off on packaging and shipping out her order..
 
I suggest anyone buying on Etsy use PAYPAL, until Etsy has cleared up their payment confirmation problems because there still is a payment confirmation lag for credit cards and this isn't the first time this has happened and who knows when it will happen again.
 
We ship out every Monday, Wednesday and Friday and get orders ready to ship the day before after payment clears, 3 pm, PST.  If payment does not clear by that time, it goes out at our next scheduled shipping date.  If a holiday lands on one of our shipping dates, we mail it out on our next scheduled shipping day.
   
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 183 items, The Destiny of Things- 180 items, VintageToGoEasy - 183 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 181 items.
 
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 Here is a little example of what I might add to my "thank you" packaging for orders or you can get this one here.  I have slightly different ones available at each shop.  They are mostly fortune teller themed because each time I make a package, it's a reminder for me to send some random gratitude and also to remind myself that of my unknown future without hoard!
photo via VintageToGoEasy
 
Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!  Happy Friday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment