Monday, October 30, 2017

Mystic Seer Twilight Zone Halloween Machine Cards: The Destiny of Things, Story 487

Mystic Seer Twilight Zone Halloween Machine Cards:  The Destiny of Things, Story 487

Someone made a Twilight Zone Mystic Seer machine that uses these fortune cards!  BEFORE:

30 or 100 paper fortunes random mix set or COMPLETE SETS of 52 Swami Fortune teller cards, available here. Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Here is the note I received with the photo:

Perfect for the mystic seer my husband made for our Halloween party!

photo via Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore

Where is the jealous button?  It looks so realistic!  I wonder what he made it out of?  Kudos to your husband!

Saying Goodbye:  We are running low in stock on these and won't be restocking them.  I have my own set of 52 saved for a rainy day, but now that hoarding has loosened it's grip on me, I might even sell mine too!

What I Learned:

1.  Letting go of my hoard on Etsy has really helped me to stop hoarding.  I've learned that I don't need all this stuff and quite frankly, I've learned I need very little.  It's taught me that my time is valuable and that I'd rather be doing other things, like helping people, rather than collecting more stuff or selling it.  It's taught me a lot about abundance and many other things.

2.  Now I can put so much into our recycle bin without regret, fear of missing out or fear that I'll need it as soon as I put in the bin!  Before it was only paper, now it's bottles, jars, even toilet paper rolls!  I'm moving ahead slowly but surely.

3.  Today I even have started a donation pile, which is how I started selling on Etsy in the first place.  I can laugh at myself about it now, but five years ago, my donation pile was growing into a hill top and not budging any closer to any donation station, so with a lot of help and encouragement, I started listing it all on Etsy.

So much of it sold, that my husband was in shock that anyone would want that stuff, and in a good way, we kept going.  In the beginning some of the items caused me great pain and anxiety as it went to it's new life and home and it took several years of letting go over and over and writing about it with this blog, until one day, all the pain and stress were gone and now I've reached a point where I feel like I'm sharing, rather than letting my hoard go.

I am so grateful to all the Etsy buyers and Etsy sellers who have sent me their stories, so I could collect those, instead of more things!  Plus the biggest bonus, is all the insight I received from each story they gave me and I posted on this blog.  Thank you so much everyone!

I still have so many more stories to share too!

I noticed each card is like a deck of cards and if sorted, they made a complete set of 52 cards, I only have a few left that are sorted and they are available here.  Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerLoveAndMore for sharing your story and photo!  I just love the Mystic Seer your husband made.  It's so creative and looks like the original from the Twilight Zone show!  I hope it brings back old memories, while making new ones at your Halloween party!

Everyday is such an adventure dehoarding on Etsy!   I never know who I'll meet and I have met so many Etsy buyers who share their stories with me and every time I glean some insight about where my dehoarding journey is taking me.

I've been spending more time in my junk room that is going to transform into a music room for my husband and an art room for me.  Also the truck is getting worked on in teeny tiny baby steps each weekend.  I've been sorting out a box a week out of the truck!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.

Do you recognize Captain Kirk? aka William Shatner

I am new listing weekly on all the shops, until I reach my goal of 180 items listed on each shop, but have slowed down due to other interests, mainly reading and exercising .  I can now exercise an hour a day.  Usually yoga and walks to the park down the street.  I feel as though I'm getting stronger and healthier as each day goes by!

Anyone out there have any thoughts, suggestions or ideas on how the new Etsy free shipping promotional is working for you at the moment?  Has it helped bump up your sales?  Do you foresee any complications with returned items and refunds?

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 178 items, The Destiny of Things- 181 items, VintageToGoEasy - 181 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 167 items.

Yipee!  I've met my goal at two shops!  Two more shops to go!  Maybe you'll find something and give it new life and a new home!

Here is another Mystic Seer someone made!  Replica of the Mystic Seer prop from the Twilight Zone episode, photo via Captain Toy.  Michael gives a thorough and enchanting review of it and there are many more photos to see.

Related Stories:








Here is what the napkin dispenser machine looks like from the old 50s diners
photo via blog, Made By Paper 

"Those who perceive and acknowledge that they have everything have no needs of any kind." -ACIM

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits! 

No comments:

Post a Comment