Monday, October 9, 2017

Mickey Mouse Charm for Disneyland Birthday: The Destiny of Things, Story 484

Mickey Mouse Charm for Disneyland Birthday:  The Destiny of Things, Story 484

Such a fun birthday idea filled with memories!

1 Vintage sterling silver Mickey Mouse Face Ears bracelet charm mini necklace pendant Disney birthday gift, available here,  Photo via VintageToGoEasy

Here is her Penny for your Thoughts email:

Hello Kennedy,

How fun that you are collecting these stories :). My charm collecting story is: My husband and I get each of our girls (we have three) a charm for a charm bracelet every year for their birthdays that is relevant to that year. We purchased a Mickey Mouse charm from you for our youngest daughter's 4th birthday as we will be taking her and her sisters to Disneyland for her birthday.

Good luck in your hoarder rehab!

I do the same thing with my niece!  I started with her first birthday!

It will arrive in a gum ball capsule for safe travel!
1 Vintage sterling silver Mickey Mouse Face Ears bracelet charm mini necklace pendant Disney birthday gift, available here,  Photo via VintageToGoEasy

I like how she titled her email, "Penny for your thoughts," which makes me happy and gives me a secret giggle because in my "thank you" note to each Etsy buyer I do write, "penny for your thoughts" when I ask for a story and along with it I add a bright shiny penny to the package.  It warms my heart every time someone mentions that!

Here is what I wrote back:

Hi!

Thank you so much for your inspiring story! I love how you give them charms that are relevant for that year. I too, give my niece a charm every year for either her birthday or Christmas gift and your story has given me the idea to make it more relevant for both us each year!

Thank you for the well wishes with my Hoarder Rehab, I'll use your story on my blog and leave you anonymous. I look forward to see what insight it will bring me!

Thanks again for helping me with my Hoarder Rehab and I hope you and your family make some best ever memories on her birthday at Disneyland!

Kennedy

It will arrive in a gum ball capsule for safe travel!
1 Vintage sterling silver Mickey Mouse Face Ears bracelet charm mini necklace pendant Disney birthday gift, available here,  Photo via VintageToGoEasy

Now that I think about I do give my niece relevant charms.  For her first couple of years, I gave her year family passes to Disneyland and gave her my mom's Disneyland castle charm that my mom had bought when she worked there as a teenager.

Also the year I saw her in her school's "Nativity" Christmas program, I gave her a Nativity charm that year for Christmas, but lately I haven't.  Time to put on the thinking cap!

Last one!

1 Vintage sterling silver Mickey Mouse Face Ears bracelet charm mini necklace pendant Disney birthday gift, available here,  Photo via VintageToGoEasy

Saying Goodbye:  Of course, as a recovering hoarder, as soon as she told me her story. I had wished I had saved these two charms for me and my niece!  Before, I think the pain would have been excruciating, but now as a recovering hoarder it just lasted a moment and then I moved on.

Sometimes whatever charm I give my niece I put one on mine too.  I have these pure silver smooth nugget twin charms and each one has a inspirational word on it, so when I give her one I put one on mine.  The last one said, "peace" which was her Christmas gift for "Peace on Earth."  And now I have peace on mine too!

I have a lot of these pure silver heart charms in different twin styles too!  I don't know if I can save them until she gets married, but it would be a nice reminder if I had one for my charm bracelet too!
MINI Wedding bells Anniversary jewelry VTG 80s 90s pure 999 silver wedding heart charm puff pendant reversible puffy heart, available here.  Photo via VintageToGoEasy


What I Learned:

1.  I think it's true a cluttered house can produce a cluttered mind.  As a five year recovering hoarder, I can observe my thoughts more closely now, instead of either impulsively acting on them or feeling long hours of distress from them.  I have learned to acknowledge them, let them pass and move on in shorter and shorter time intervals.

2.  Since I've been able to monitor my thoughts more closely, I can now release thoughts that no longer benefit me.  Long lived habitual thinking, mostly from my childhood that must have protected me some how back then.  For example I can release the feeling of being rushed to do everything with perfection all the time because now I know whatever I do now, it's good enough and I'm doing my best and have all the time I need.

When I was chronically ill and bed ridden and my husband did all the chores, I would feel so guilty and anxious that I could not help him because in my family, as a child, when my mom did chores, we all had to being chores.... or else!  Even yesterday, he was vacuuming and dusting and I was, I don't even remember what I was doing, but I felt so strange and started to feel stressed, so I asked him how he felt about me doing whatever it was while he cleaned and he said it didn't bother him one bit!

I was starstruck with his answer!  A light bulb of awe went off because that's not how my mom would have reacted!

3.  How has this shift in thinking helped my hoarding?  I'm not sure yet, but it definitely has helped my mental and physical well being!

What negative or not beneficial thoughts do not work for you anymore and need to be released?  I have been releasing many as they come to me and just watch them float away like clouds!

SALE 90s vintage NEW UNUSED Thank You Winnie the Pooh Friends Forever Book: Disney Troll Special Edition, available here.  Photo via VintageToGoEasy

Thank you Etsy buyer from VintageToGoEasy for your heartfelt story and reminder how remembering memories are just as fun as making new ones!

Everyday is such an adventure dehoarding on Etsy!   I never know who I'll meet and I have met so many Etsy buyers who share their stories with me and every time I glean some insight about where my dehoarding journey is taking me.

Today I could throw out more stuff into the recycling bin, like all the clear plastic containers I covet and think that some day I'll reuse to store and organize more things.  I probably have or had over 20 Costco clear egg cartons saved and I put most of them in the recycling bin and set 2 aside for storage.  I use them for my shops to organize jewelry, figurines and other small items by listings and categories.

I also love to save clear plastic food containers and often use them to hold all the "future" projects I'm going to do one day!  I have a few large boxes with empty food clear food containers inside them and I'll clear those out tomorrow!  I'm moving forward in baby steps!  Yeah for me!
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.

Have you been to the new Carnation Cafe on Main Street's Disneyland, since they've reopened it?  Here are some Russel Wright plates, like the ones that were used in the old Carnation Cafe, available here.  Photo via VintageToGoEasy

I'm back to new listing daily at least on one or two shops! until I reach my goal of listing 180 at all the shops!  Things are selling well it seems!

Our sales are holding steady, we get about 24 sales per week.  It will be interesting to see how the sales hold up, since we decided not to participate in Etsy's new "free shipping" promotional due to complications of giving refunds and such.  

Anyone out there have any thoughts, suggestions or ideas on how the new Etsy free promotional is working for you at the moment?  Has it helped bump up your sales?  Do you foresee any complications with returned items and refunds?

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 173 items, The Destiny of Things- 177 items, VintageToGoEasy - 179 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 172 items.

Today I listed 2 new items on HoarderRehab and yesterday 2 new items on JunkDrawerAndMore.  Maybe you'll find something and give it new life and a new home!

Some Etsy buyers have told me they use these to organize there jewelry and if you give out charms as gifts, they really are a cute and unique way to gift them!  or they are great if you are like me and need to monitor your candy intake!  Great for Halloween treats of all kinds!
In sets of 50 or 100, available here.  Photo via HoarderRehab

Related Stories:



Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits! 

No comments:

Post a Comment