Wednesday, November 2, 2016

All Green Mermaid Bridal Shower Cake or Drink Toppers: The Destiny of Things, Story 408

All Green Mermaid Bridal Shower Cake or Drink Toppers:  The Destiny of Things, Story 408

For some reason, all green mermaids are very popular now!

All green mermaid drink or cake toppers in various amounts, available here

I have no idea why all green mermaids are so popular for parties!  And I have no idea if they are used as cake or drink toppers, but let's keep the roll going!

All other colors in mixed or all one color and various amounts, available here
 photo via The Destiny of Things 

Traditionally used for cocktail drinks from old school restaurants and bars, I remember mine from my childhood as a topper for my Shirley Temple drink!

Now, the new generation seems to be using for cupcake and cake toppers for Peter Pan, Harry Potter's 2nd challenge, bon voyage to nautical and of course, Little Mermaid events.

The Etsy buyer who ordered all green and inspired this posting mentioned these were for a Bridal  shower.  How fun!

All other colors in mixed or all one color and various amounts, available here
 photo via The Destiny of Things 

Saying Goodbye:  I have my own stash of these from vintage to new in an array of different colors to hard to find colors, like true pink and light blue.  I was saving them for my mixed media art, but I haven't been doing much of that lately, so ...... what to do?

Anyone have any creative ideas out there?  Etsy buyers have used them as plant jewelry, terrarium figurines for mermaid grottoes.  For careful children, using them as toys for light tables,

Here are some of the other colors that include a more aqua blue, orange and true red, instead of candy red, available upon request or when the other color get too low in stock.
Large amounts in 50 to 100, available here

What I Learned:

1.  What I'd really like to know is why "all green" is so popular compared to all the colors, so I can use figure out how to update the tags for the item.  However since, they seem to sell out quickly, I guess it doesn't matter and I should not over think about it.

2.  Yes, I am learning that as a recovering hoarder, I tend to over think just about everything!  This is a habit I am learning to change because it really doesn't serve a good purpose for me and it seems to take me to future thinking, instead of present thinking.

3.  My insomnia is back, so I've been practicing a lot of meditating (at least an hour, sometimes more if I have severe back pain) which not only helps my sleepiness, but reduces and sometimes eliminates my back pain.  Also, it seems to help me focus on the "now,"  which as a recovering hoarder, I tend to dwell in the past (all the memories my stuff holds, etc) or in the future (what am I going to do with all this stuff or about projects I aim to do one day).

4.  Meditating has not come naturally for me and it's taken a lot of baby steps for me to meditate for an hour.  Two minutes used to be very overwhelming for me, but finding music has helped me meditate longer and also reading books, not reading on the computer has helped me slow down.  Right now the book that is helping me the most is the Power of Now by Ekhart Tolle.

I've had the book for decades and have picked it up to read many times, but it none of it really made any sense to me until now.

5.  I can still only trash paper, but who knew I had so much paper to throw out!  And I've been moving on to bottles and jars here and there, so that's more progress!  Baby steps!

Here is an example of my mixed media art that is interactive, meaning you can arrange the items as you like or use the one that is already finished.  This one has sold, but I can make one like it, if requested.
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Thank you Etsy buyer from The Destiny of Things  for mentioning these will be use for a Bridal shower.  The mystery for me continues as I wonder if these are mostly used for cake or drink toppers!
 
All these stories and ideas really help me stay on track with mine. And I am so happy to find that I can start throwing stuff away and it's just going to take a lot of baby steps.
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways!
 
Here is an example of my mixed media art that is interactive, meaning you can arrange the items as you like or use the one that is already finished.  This one has sold, but I can make one like it, if requested.   We have a DIY heart nicho kit at VintageToGoEasy, available here.  Request it in "note to buyer" and I'll send you a mermaid topper!
photo via Hoarder Rehab

I'm still in wellness recovery mode and lately I've been spending a lot of time, either meditating, doing gentle yoga or walking.  I don't have the same amount of time to spend on Etsy, but I am keeping the shops open and relisting and new listing as often as I can because it reminds me of my old familiar regular routine.

 I have so been relisting and new listing almost daily!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 157 items, The Destiny of Things- 148 items, VintageToGoEasy - 153 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 170 items. 
 
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 True vintage monkey cocktail toppers from the 60s, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy 
 
Related Stories:
  
 
Upwards and onwards in baby steps!
 
 We have all monkey too in assorted colors, including orange and true red, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!

No comments:

Post a Comment