Friday, November 4, 2016

Day of the Dead Wedding Loteria Box Centerpiece Idea: The Destiny of Things, Story 409

Day of the Dead Wedding Loteria Box Centerpiece Idea:  The Destiny of Things, Story 409

An Etsy buyer found a cute way to use these as part of her wedding centerpieces!  Before:

Day of the Dead wedding party favor boxes or centerpiece accessories, available here

AFTER EXAMPLE:

 photo via Etsy buyer from The Destiny of Things

How festive!  Just add a loteria box in there with some jewel fiesta color candles, a loteria card here and there, tissue paper flowers and an El Pato can and Mexican beer bottle with flowers and greenery and your good to go for any festive fiesta party for weddings, anniversary and or birthdays!

Loteria game:  includes 10 game boards and 52 cards, available here
 photo via The Destiny of Things 

I've had other Etsy buyers turn the game boards into wedding programs and I've also seen them cut up individually and then glued back to back with a toothpick in the middle to make cake toppers!

 photo via google

Saying Goodbye:  I use the cards for my mixed media loteria art card nichos and to put inside my hoard of Day of the Dead tin shadow box ofrendas.  I couldn't let the game boards go to waste and started to make little boxes to hold my Day of the Dead loteria art cards.

The boxes also make instant fun little impromptu alter shrines too! Card and decorated cards with an Under the Sea them, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

What I Learned:

1.  Etsy buyers are very creative and come up with all kinds of ways to decorate for fun colorful events, like Day of the Dead weddings, anniversaries and birthdays!  I am so happy and delighted when someone shares them and with photos!  Thank you so much!

2.   I am still on the mend.  My lower back pain is completely gone now and my sciatica is much better too and guess what?  I can sit down now for about 20-30 minutes at a time!!!!  Yes, in a conventional chair to have meals and sit in a car to go places pain free!  

I healed much faster this time with gentle yoga, walking and most of all I think it was learning how to meditate.

3.  I've been slow stitching and have carried the "slow" part and incorporated into the rest of my life.  I do everything slow now, lol, but it beats re-injuring my back again and I don't worry about it anymore!

4.  I haven't decided what to do with the rest of my hoard, in the sense, if I am going to continue my Etsy shops as a way to dehoard or I just need some time away from it all.  In previous decades, I have purged my hoard completely, but it usually boomerangs back ten fold, like a fad diet.  I am tempted to try purging again to see what happens.


 Another Etsy buyer turned them into a beautiful dinner seating chart with ribbons:
Beautiful unique example of wedding seating arrangement display an Etsy buyer emailed to me, before they bought 9 loteria games!

Thank you Etsy buyer from The Destiny of Things  for sharing the photo idea for you Dia de los Muertos wedding!  Best wishes and Congratulations!
 
All these stories and ideas really help me stay on track with mine. And I am so happy to find that I can start throwing stuff away and it's just going to take a lot of baby steps.
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways!
 
 I found some larger loteria game boards and can now make bigger boxes, this gift box is about 5 x 6 inches.  The box and nicho is available here
If you'd like the larger boxes only, please contact us, so we can arrange it for you, but keep in mind, that the bigger the boxes, shipping becomes less cost effective.
photo via VintageToGoEasy


I'm still in wellness mode and lately I've been spending a lot of time, either meditating, doing gentle yoga or walking.  Also, all the meditating has been bringing me an inner peace that I haven't felt before, or I should say for such long periods of time now.  
 
I don't have the same amount of time to spend on Etsy, but I am keeping the shops open and relisting and new listing as often as I can because it reminds me of my old familiar regular routine.

 I have so been relisting and new listing almost daily!

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 157 items, The Destiny of Things- 149 items, VintageToGoEasy - 154 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 169 items. 
 
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
  I found some larger loteria game boards and can now make bigger boxes, this gift box is about 7 x 6 inches.  The box and nicho is available here
If you'd like the larger boxes only, please contact us, so we can arrange it for you, but keep in mind, that the bigger the boxes, shipping becomes less cost effective.
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Related Stories:
 
 
2.  Loteria Mexican Bingo Game Wedding Crafts:  The Destiny of Things, Story 188, here

3.  Day of the Dead skull beads cake topper:   The Destiny of Things:  Day of the Dead Calavera Skull Beads, Story V

 
Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!  
 
Happy Feliz Day of the Dead:  a time to honor our ancestors!

No comments:

Post a Comment