Monday, February 13, 2017

Fun Fortune Fish Love Meter Valentine Inserts: The Destiny of Things, Story 435-436

Fun Fortune Fish Love Meter Valentine Inserts:  The Destiny of Things, Story 435-436

Bringing back old memories while making new ones!  BEFORE:

30, 50 or 100+ Fortune Teller Fish, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

So fun for all ages!  Just take the cellophane fish out of the bag and place the fish in the palm of your hand and it will tell your love fortune for the moment by moving in a certain way or not moving at all!

Then turn the bag over and on the back, depending on how your fish moved or did not move it will tell you what the fish movement means for your love fortune!

30, 50 or 100+ Fortune Teller Fish, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Here are the two notes and one photo update I received from kind Etsy buyers:

These are great - a nice vintage touch for the valentines treat bags for the kids - they arrived safely and quickly.

and.......

My daughter is giving these for her valentine this year! I showed them to her and she thought they were so amazing and magical - it will be fun to introduce them to a new generation! I loved them when I was her age!

30, 50 or 100+ Fortune Teller Fish, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy Etsy buyer

That's the cutest Valentine ever!  "Of all the fish in the sea, I'm glad your friends with me!"  with a little cat going fishing!

Also, one of my favorite things during Valentine's and Halloween in the classroom were the treat bags from kids!  I still love the old time graphics on the treat bags too!

Saying Goodbye:  I love the idea that this mom is passing down her love of her childhood fun items to her daughter and a whole classroom full of the next generation.

I use mine all the time as holiday fun card inserts, gift wrap toppers and "thank you" packaging from all our shops.

It's not easy to see in this photo, but the how to use directions are on each fish in either gold or white.  30, 50 or 100+ Fortune Teller Fish, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

What I Learned:

1.   I used these in the classroom to introduce magic themed teaching, which was really science and math. even these fish have a scientific reason to how they work!  It may take all the magic out of it, but then again, maybe the word, "magic" really is just a word used for things we can't explain or understand yet.

2.  Another hoarded item that has become a popular item at all our shops.  It can be a party favor or wedding favor conversation opener at the table while guests wait for their meals, a quick game activity for kids or the young at heart, card inserts for any occasion, like invitations, thank you notes and holiday cards.

3.  I'm still thinking about what to do with my Etsy shops.  I first started the shops as a way to help my Hoarder Rehab and now that it's not as painful to let go of things and dehoard, it turned into a hobby, but now it's more like a full time job with part time pay, so I'm gathering all my different options now.

I so thankful to Etsy for helping me find my own Hoarder Rehab way.  Now that thousands of my hoard have found new lives and homes and I've had to let all these go over and over again, it's gotten so much easier for me to part ways with my things in a more graceful manner without heart ache, stress and anxiety attacks.

 If you need less of these for surprise balls, cracker snaps, birthday card inserts, etc... 8, 10 or 12+ fortune fish, available here

Thank you Etsy buyers from VintageToGoEasy and JunkDrawerAndMore for taking the time to share your stories with photo updates to give me and others inspirations and fun ideas!
 
Also very motivating for me to continue on my Hoarder Rehab journey and to keep trying different things and other ways to solve my challenges until I find alternatives to my hoarding.
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.
 
 Fish related "Under the Sea" mixed media loteria art cards, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

I am trying a new experiment on Etsy.  I think we were selling more when we had 180-185 items listed on each shop, so I'm doing my best to list new things again until I reach that goal!
 
I am diligently new listing and relisting daily!  With a lot more coming soon!
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 173 items, The Destiny of Things- 179 items, VintageToGoEasy - 183 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 179 items.  
 
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 Our sample "thank you" package surprise bag changes, but we always send some fortune ephemera because it reminds me that I'm leaving my hoard for an unknown path.  We send them out with most orders or you can order this fortune ephemera pack, here
 photo via VintageToGoEasy

Related Stories:


 
 
 
 
 
Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment