Monday, February 27, 2017

Guardian Angel Holy Prayer Card: The Destiny of Things, Story 438

Guardian Angel Holy Prayer Card:  The Destiny of Things, Story 438

Nice to hear someone is using this as home decor!

BOTH REVERSIBLE Guardian Angel St Michael Saint medal charm pendant & Holy prayer card, available here, choose medal only or both. 
photo via Hoarder Rehab

This is one of the prettiest Holy prayer cards I own!  And someone else loves it too for their new son's bedroom decor.

Of course, I'm wondering if it's wall decor now or is it placed in a nicho or alter or shadow box.  And if it's wall decor how did she incorporate it all.  With the medal or just the card or what?  Hmm..... so curious!

BOTH REVERSIBLE Guardian Angel St Michael Saint medal charm pendant & Holy prayer card, available here, choose medal only or both. 
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Saying Goodbye:  At this moment in time, I feel like saying "Goodbye" to all my hoard and moving on with my life!  However, I am not sure what would happen if I just took it all to be donated.  Each time I've purged, I feel good about it for a bit and then I don't and start hoarding again!

Close up view of the reversible religious medal, one side has the Guardian Angel and the other side has St Michael, as you can see, both sides are marked Italy.
Choose either the religious medal only or both the Guardian Angel Holy card with prayer on the back and the medal, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab 

What I Learned:

1.  Are my hoarding days over?  Have I changed my thinking and ways to handle stress and anxiety enough to discover a different path and not return to my old hoarding habits? 

However, I did have some family anxiety and went straight to ordering some retail therapy in the guise of art supplies!

So I don't know.  I do know that I think the Universe or Infinite Power of the Divine or God or however you call it, has been sending me not one, but two strong message that my hoarding days are over because I ordered 2 packages worth of items on Etsy and....

One package came not as described because the shop owner put 2 orders that were both 8 x 10 items in one 6x6 box.  It was very disappointing to see such beauty damaged to fit into a box too small for it (I paid 8 in shipping, so I thought they were going to arrive in an USPS Regional A box.  There was more drama too, but not worth writing about it!) and another sad thing was to have to pack it bent up so it would fit back in the same box it came in and mail it back to the shop for a full refund including shipping both ways, but that was Etsy's decision and I'll see if I get full refund for shipping both ways, as Etsy said we would.

My other order has not arrived from overseas and it's been a month and a half, so I'll wait two full months before asking for a refund.

Both were art projects related items, like supplies, but probably over a Benjamin's worth, so the silver lining is I'll just save that money when I get it back! and use what I have for art projects!

 St Michael medal with Police Officer's Prayer card, available here 

2.  Etsy has been an interesting fun adventure and has provided us with one stream of income.  (I think it's best to have as many streams of incomes as possible) I retired many years before the normal retirement age and have been living off my other streams of income, but soon another stream of income will come of age, so I'm trying to decide if spending time on Etsy is how I want to spend my time anymore.

But what to do with the rest of my hoard?  Such a dilemma, more on that next time!

St Patrick's day is coming soon!
CHOOSE St Patrick's, Miraculous Immaculate Mary, Saint Therese holy prayer card gold gilt vintage paper ephemera religious Easter gift, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Thank you Etsy buyer from Hoarder Rehab for taking the time to share your story.  I would have loved to see how you used it for your son's bedroom decor! Thank you for reminding me of how I wanted to use these cards and for giving me and others inspiration and fun ideas!
 
 This is one of the idea projects that have been rolling around in my head.  Simple way to frame a Holy prayer card between 2 pieces of glass and use washi tape at the corners to hold it all together.  That way it can be double sided and one can enjoy both sides of the card.
 
Also very motivating for me to continue on my Hoarder Rehab journey and to keep trying different things and other ways to solve my challenges until I find alternatives to my hoarding.
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.
 
 An Etsy buyer requested 20 St Michael cards with the Policeman's Prayer on the backs, so we made these replicas, available here.  The prayer is old school and is not politically correct anymore, but amusing, you can read the prayer in the description.
photo via The Destiny of Things 

I am trying a new experiment on Etsy.  I think we were selling more when we had 180-185 items listed on each shop, so I'm doing my best to list new things again until I reach that goal!
 
I am diligently new listing, relisting and trying out Etsy's new listing format daily!  With a lot more coming soon!
 
Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 176 items, The Destiny of Things- 179 items, VintageToGoEasy - 184 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 180 items.  
 
Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 
 NEW 40s vintage Albrecht Durer Serenity Prayer Hands In Hoc Signo Spes Mea Sobriety Litho in USA religious paper DIY Easter programs, available here 
 
Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder 
Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits! 
 
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment