Monday, January 27, 2014

"Say When" Shot Glass Jigger: The Destiny of Things, Story 153

"Say When" Shot Glass Jigger:  The Destiny of Things, Story 153

All gone now.....


I used to have a super sized shot glass collection, mostly novelties and the old heavy kind I could slide down a counter!  I gave them to an old college friend with my wine and martini glass collection when he finally got his own apartment.  The one who would take me to the Firefly that I wrote about here because his Mom gave me the cameo as a travel souvenir!

I bought this set because not only was it a deal, but when my friends came over for shots this is what they automatically reached for when I only had a huge shot collection, but they'd use this "one"  and they'd take turns.  The "Say When" conversation was basically the same too... Pig, donkey, gentlemen or ladies!  No rabbits allowed!

Soon after I bought this set, I became bed ridden sick and gave up alcohol and along with it went all my drinking friends.  I didn't know how many drinking buddies I had until I became sick.

So I have my first original Say When jigger, which is slightly different from these and use it for liquid measure, usually for something more healthy like, wheat grass juice or any recipe that's in ounces.


When I first started selling on Hoarder Rehab them I couldn't find any on to compare prices, so I sold them high, however know there's many of them.  

I didn't even dawn on me that these were jiggers, but was reminded by many Etsy readers that they were not "shot glasses" but "jiggers!"  So I finally added "jigger" to the description and tags, but under "shop stats" and "keywords" found that most views came from "shot glass."

They sat around for a long time, but as a recovering hoarder I'm in no hurry to let my stuff go, so many months later we took different photos of them and listed them on VintageToGoEasy.  They also sold faster on VintageToGoEasy, but who really knows why....

I think photos do make a difference when selling online, however, which photo is going to sell something is a different story.  The photo below is the one that sold these jiggers:


They also sold better as "shot glass" over "jigger" tags.  Either way,  I am happy to say we are "sold out" and out of the four I received four stories!

The first one went as a replacement for a broken one that crashed to the floor.  I could rehash and vent about this story upon request! haha...

The second one to went to a friend who's Aunt they'd go visit and had one just like it!  Read it here!

The third one went as a stocking stuffer

and the last one went to an Etsy buyer looking for a unique shot glass for a shot glass collector!


Saying Goodbye:  I am in gratitude that all four found separate better lives because I have no use for them anymore and was only keeping them because I like the way they look and think they are funny!

What I Learned:

1.  The silver lining to my bed ridden illness are many, but from this story I can take away that I don't need to drink with drinking buddies and the illness weeded out my friends towards better health. 

2.  As an Etsy shop seller, I learned a lot about tagging, photos and the advantages of having four shops.  And what's that saying?  "Thing are not always what they seem..."

If I sold these as jiggers only, I might still have them...but from "shop status" and "keywords" I know I got many more views from shot glass instead!

Thank you Etsy buyers from both shops, Hoarder Rehab and VintageToGoEasy for letting me know their destiny and for taking part in my Hoarder Rehab in such big way.  I appreciate the insight your stories have given mine!

Thank you Etsy for everything!

Thank you US, UK, Brazil, Chile, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Columbia, Germany, Netherlands, China, Mexico and anyone else for your visits and joining me in my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!  

See a small part of my hoard in each shop and sold items by clicking on the shop names: HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things, VintageToGoEasy and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy!  

Over 560 items have found new homes and over 500 are now listed!  There are about 105 items listed on JunkDrawerLoveEtsy and am adding new listings to each shop daily and will continue to relist 1-2 items at the other shops!  Thanks for looking!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!

And thank you Ivy for using the invite to open your new Etsy shop, Love Lotus Vintage!  Visit her newly opened shop, Love Lotus Vintage for some 80s to 90s romantic wear!  She'd like to clear out her closet and have less stuff for her big move out of country!  She's having a sale right now, so check it out here!
 
If anyone else would like an invite to open their own Etsy shop and get 40 free listings, let me know how I can help you!

Related Stories:

1.  First "Say When" shot glass jigger story, here!

2.  A round about story about the person who received my huge shot glass collection via the memories from a Cameo souvenir from his Mother's travels, here

Other Replacement Stories:

1.  One of my favorites due to heartfelt feelings and coincidence: The Continuous Virgin Mary Ring

2.  Another favorite because it's a story about not giving up:  A Circular Destiny as Infinity Story

3.  Another favorite because the mother in law in the story reminded me so much of my Grandmother and touches my heart every time I read it:  Christmas Story in October

There are many more, but read this story and you'll find most of the other replacement stories, here!

“Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden.” ---Phaedrus

2 comments:

  1. Hi. Fantastic job. I did not anticipate this. This is a great story. Thank you! If you are find same related blog or unique shot glasses and Online shot glasses shop. here you can find your home remodeling accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouraging comments and for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete