Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Easy DIY Cat Toys with Mini Metallic Pom Poms: The Destiny of Things, Story 502

Easy DIY Cat Toys with Mini Metallic Pom Poms:  The Destiny of Things, Story 502

So fun, so easy!  BEFORE:

These are mini sized, most are about 1/2 inch wide, some a little smaller or bigger and as you can see, most are round, but some are not, however they can be reshaped some, if desired, available here with metallic or iridescent tinsel.  Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Here is the note and updated photo received!  Thank you Etsy buyer!  

The Pompoms came in a little smaller then I thought, but made cute cat toys once glued together. The kittens love them.

AFTER PHOTO:  Just glue them together and that's it!

Easy peasy just glue them together for kitten toys!
These are mini sized, most are about 1/2 inch wide, some a little smaller or bigger and as you can see, most are round, but some are not, however they can be reshaped some, if desired, available here with metallic or iridescent tinsel.  Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Saying Goodbye:  I bought these in bulk because that's all I could find years ago for an Advent Calendar project I found on the Etsy blog years ago and was releasing all the extra poms out into the world of Etsy.

One of the Etsy buyers told me her kitten loved her sister's pom poms earrings and after it was lost, her kitten got sick and seemed to miss her favorite cat toy pom, so she bought her other pom poms, but only the metallic one would do!  You can see her kitten, read more of her adorable story and see my Advent Calendar project here.  Now they are both well and happy!

This is how happy I think cats with pom pom toys look like!
These are mini sized, most are about 1/2 inch wide, some a little smaller or bigger and as you can see, most are round, but some are not, however they can be reshaped some, if desired, available here with metallic or iridescent tinsel.  Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

What I Learned:

1.  I am so thankful that lots of my hoard are popular items at our shops and this is one of them.  So my hoard lives on with cats and kittens now!  So cool.

2.  I've used these for impromptu appetizer sticks.  Just poke through on to a toothpick or if I have the time I glue them on.  Great for a pop of color for cheese cubes, martini olives (best if you glue the pom pom on for martinis or watch out for dunking pom poms!) and other finger foods that need poking.

3.  They also make easy DIY mini garlands for cakes and small areas that need some festive color.  Great for any theme celebration, party or wedding.  Just use a needle and thread and you'll have an instant garland! or mini wreath!

4.  I keep buying these because they keep selling, so items like that on my shops I call, "happy re-hoard."  It never ceases to amaze me, which of my hoard becomes hot sellers and which do not, I'm thankful as long as they all find new lives and homes!

5.  My sciatica and hip injury were a wake up call for me, so I am back to doing yoga.  I go very slowly and mindfully, like tai chi almost and it's really helped to stretch out my hip.  I also found this article about a 97 year old grandma, Edith Traina, who can dead lift 150 pounds!  She's so inspiring that I've got myself on a 6 month exercise plan to help me get to the point that I can lift weights too!  Read her inspiring story here.

I just found some larger iridescent 1 inch pom poms in pastel and dark colors, available here.
And I just found a different sized ones that are a little larger than the 1/2 inch ones, so I'll be listing those soon too!  Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

Thank you Etsy buyer from JunkDrawerAndMore for taking the time to take a picture and share such an inspirational story idea!  Especially since I received such an odd review about them recently, knock on wood bygones and moving on to....would love to see the kittens playing with them!

I was at Whole Foods the other day and the lady in front of me on the escalator had the white pom poms on as earrings, I was surprised at how cute they looked and wondered if she had a cat too, lol.

Everyday is such an adventure dehoarding on Etsy!   I never know who I'll meet and I have met so many Etsy buyers who share their stories with me and every time I glean some insight about where my dehoarding journey is taking me.

My sciatica hip injury is almost already healed! I am so thankful it healed in about 2 weeks, instead of 3-6 months like the last 2 episodes.  So I've back to working on Pandora's box daily and I was hoping to have the living room back to normal, but that's okay, it's going to take me a little longer than I planned.  I still can't sit down on in a car or a standard chair, but I'm learning to figure that out slowly too!

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  

Now that's some fancy appetizer, lol, I mean dessert or is that to stir into your tea or coffee, either way it looks cute and delicious!  Photo via google?

I am so thankful that my hoard is still finding new lives and homes weekly.  I hope to get back to new listing next week because this weekend, besides me recuperating,  we are still concentrating on our taxes.

I've almost reached my goal of 170 items per shop.  Next goal will be 175 per shop!  I am happy and thankful to say so many items are finding new lives and homes daily!

Sales have slowed, but we are still back to our old average, but that's okay, since I could use the break or spend the time new listing.  I do think our sales may have slowed down because we did not join the Etsy sale and it kinda broke our momentum, but I'm slowly learning the world of retail is more like a roller coaster than a steady cruise or sometimes both.

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 167 items, The Destiny of Things- 170 items, VintageToGoEasy - 170 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 174 items. 

Maybe you'll find something and give it new life and a new home!  Thanks for looking!

Simple DIY tooth pick appetizers.  She used a glue gun and keeps hers in a jar or small vase next to appetizer and fruit plates for lunches and brunches and dessert bars!  Click on her blog title and see how festive hers are in a vase!
Photo via Sarah Hearts

Related Stories:



This looks good for Mother's day or Father's day sliders!  Get ready for Cinco de Mayo drink stirrers, Mother's day brunch decorations and cupcake toppers!  I think they'd be great for July 4th, since they already look like fireworks going off!  Photo via google

“It's never too late to have a happy childhood."  ---Tom Robbins, even if you are a kitten or cat too!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder 
Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits! 

No comments:

Post a Comment