Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Love to Fish Fortune Telling Fish Wedding Favors: The Destiny of Things, Story 182

Love to Fish Fortune Telling Fish Wedding Favors:  The Destiny of Things, Story 182

Do couples still go out fishing these days?  Yes and they'll be using these as wedding favors!

An order of 150 fortune telling fish fun! 
NEW 30 50 75 or 100+ lot Retro Fortune Teller Fish beach carnival wedding anniversary Sweet 16 birthday Halloween Day of the Dead table confetti reunion Quinceañera party favor supply, here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

This person emailed me and requested an order of 150, so I added it to the listing options and she kindly emailed me back saying she was so excited!  I had to know why!

Here is the note I received:

We are going to use them as favors at our wedding reception! We love fishing and I just love how unique these are.

Very fun and inspirational note and I had forgotten all about how I loved to fish too!  I'm guessing these are a young couple, since they probably haven't seen these before and since they called them "unique." Which is so cool because "fishing" doesn't seem to be a young couple past time anymore.  I have great childhood memories of going fishing with my grandmother and dad, but stopped around high school.

That was decades ago!  and haven't thought about fishing for decades either!  Anyways, I'm so glad young couples still go fishing and thought about returning to fishing for about one second myself, until I remembered all the fishing hoard I'd be buying for two to go fishing again!  I guess I don't love it that much and only love my fishing memories!

How to use:  You take the fish out of the bag, place it on the palm on your hand and it will magically start moving, if it doesn't, then you can read the back of the bag and it will tell you.....
NEW 30 50 75 or 100+ lot Retro Fortune Teller Fish beach carnival wedding anniversary Sweet 16 birthday Halloween Day of the Dead table confetti reunion Quinceañera party favor supply, here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Saying Goodbye:  Popular items like these fish at our shops is what I call "rehoard."  I used to use these in my classroom as a fun way to introduce magic during Halloween, which was just a fun way to really study science.  After I retried, I found a hoard of them in a box and listed them and a new story began!

I'm feeling cranky today, so I'm trying to write this as quickly as I can.  I don't know if I'm cranky because I haven't slept in a month and a half due to the heat or if it's because we haven't had hot water since Saturday and it's still not going to get fixed today!  My heart does go out to all the people in Florida and Texas, at least I have running water!  And I send good thoughts and prayers.  I have plenty to be thankful for, when I think about all they have lost and must be dealing with at this time.

On the bright side, the cold showers do remind me of childhood camping, which then reminds me of trout fishing in Yosemite and bass fishing at Lake Powell.  I've been taking camping showers for 5 days straight now!  The type where you get wet, turn the water off, lather the body and shampoo the hair and then turn the water on again to rinse off.  Reminds me of the KOA showers where you'd put a quarter in and get water for 3 minutes at a time!

NEW 30 50 75 or 100+ lot Retro Fortune Teller Fish beach carnival wedding anniversary Sweet 16 birthday Halloween Day of the Dead table confetti reunion Quinceañera party favor supply, here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

What I Learned:

1.  Oh and before I forget, these fish were featured on BridalGuide.  Thank you Mary!  If you need 25 Fun Halloween wedding favor ideas, you can find the fish and other finds, here!  Happy Inspiration!

2.  Sleeping definitely affects my health.  Many of my health issues have returned, like wanting to hoard stuff again, insomnia and the dreads, actually the dreads are minimal now and crankiness has taken it's place, which in my mind is progress and a few new ones have sprouted up, like vertigo and a weird feeling I get on the left side under my ribs, like something is stuck at a curve in my intestines.

3.  Most of the day, I spend on distractions, blog posting is one of them, to keep me from hoarding and lookie loo shopping.  May days are not a pretty picture and quite frankly draining.  I've been looking into solutions, like nutmeg oil to soothe my insomnia.  In this heat, I already sleep with a cold ice pack wrapped in a wet towel to cool down enough to fall asleep.

4.  My decision making has become very blurred and it's hard for me to see where overthinking and indecisiveness begin or end and they are appear to be Siamese twins that seem to have taken over my life!

5.  Perhaps I'll just get sick of it all and be able to throw it all out!  Well, I mean donate it all.  Lately, I've been having thoughts of my hoard disappearing some how and starting all over with nothing!  Where is my magic wand when I need it?  Poof presto, hoard gone!  Is that the insomnia talking? or maybe, as a recovering hoarder, I'm finally making sense and it would be much faster progress.

Let's change the rambling subject to "do you like to go fishing?"  Have you caught a good one lately?

Another popular rehoard shop item and great as fun wedding exit containers for your seeds, traditional rice or confetti, etc.  SALE 50 or 100 gum ball vending machine capsules empty carnival circus zoo summer fiesta pinata filler Halloween Thanksgiving candy favor container birthday wedding reunion toy prize mini party favor box craft supply, available here
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Thank you Etsy buyer from VintageToGoEasy for bringing back the excitement that I have for these fish too and for fishing!  Best wishes and Congratulations to you both!

Everyday is such an adventure dehoarding on Etsy!   I never know who I'll meet and I have met so many Etsy buyers who share their stories with me and every time I glean some insight about where my dehoarding journey is taking me.
 
Speaking about my dehoarding ways, in my last post I could not decide if I needed a break of not, from dehoarding and decided to keep on dehoarding at this time try and throw away some stuff and donate other stuff to quicken the pace!  I am so proud of myself!  More on that soon!

I finally threw out into the recycling bin stuff I could previously not throw out!  like toilet paper rolls, which were a coveted teacher supply when I was teaching because in the classroom we used them in so many ways!  My last batch of them is listed here, for holiday cracker snaps and other classroom projects.  
 
Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  I've been gleaning so much insight about my hoarding ways.

Another popular item for wedding drink toppers that double as wedding favors are these mermaids.  30 or 50 or 100 Little Mermaid wedding anniversary champagne retro cocktail drink wine charms cake toppers wedding anniversary birthday retro style fiesta reunion bon voyage cruise bar ware party Halloween supply, available here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

I'm back to new listing daily at least on one or two shops! until I reach my goal of listing 180 at all the shops!  I've met this goal on VintageToGoEasy!  Yeah!!!!

Our sales are still fluctuating, we used to get about 24 sales per week, but this week seems to be waning, like last week, even with an extended 2 week Labor Day Sale.  How are your sales going?  How did your Labor Day sale go?  More on that next posting, since I didn't get in this posting, like I thought I would.

Anyone out there have any suggestion or ideas on how to use the new Etsy format and new Etsy Studio to their shop's best advantage?  and if it has helped bump up your sales?

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 175 items, The Destiny of Things- 175 items, VintageToGoEasy - 180 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 170 items.

We are having an extended Labor Day sale at all 4 shops.  Right now I'm so tired, I can't remember when it ends!  Maybe you'll find something to adopt and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!

Here is an example of how one Etsy buyers used the fortune fish at here themed wedding celebration!  NEW 30 50 75 or 100+ lot Retro Fortune Teller Fish beach carnival wedding anniversary Sweet 16 birthday Halloween Day of the Dead table confetti reunion Quinceañera party favor supply, here
photo via VintageToGoEasy

Related Stories:  

 
 
3.  Other wedding themed ideas:   Fortune Fish:  The Destiny of Things, Story 238

4.  As Underwater theme decor, see update photos and story here  
 

6.  How these fish work:  Teachable Moments with  Fortune Fish Tellers:  The Destiny of Things, Story 180 

"Some old memories making many new ones!"---Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things 

No comments:

Post a Comment