Friday, February 20, 2015

Tiny Mini Red Foil Label Tags: The Destiny of Things, Story 277

Tiny Mini Red Foil Label Tags:  The Destiny of Things, Story 277

These went to a crafter who is also a new Etsy shop owner!

Tiny red foil label tags, available here

I looked high and low for tiny red foil vintage style label tags and finally found some, but now I can't remember how I was going to use them!  However, someone else did and used them in their projects and they turned out to be so cute!

Here is the email I received:

Hi,

I ordered some tiny labels with red foil borders from your "Junk Drawer" a few months ago. I really love these labels and I have attached a picture to this email so you can see how I am using them. I make ornaments for all occasions.
 
I would like to order more of these labels if you still have any left. I did not see any in your Etsy store.
 
Please let me know.
Carol Hill
 
Tiny red foil label tags, available here
 
Here's what I wrote back:
 
Hi Carol!
I love those labels too and so happy you love them also!  I love how you use them!  So cute!  And you write a name on an even tinier label!  How do you do that?  Can I share your email and photo on my Hoarder Rehab blog so others can get ideas and be inspired?  I will leave you anonymous if you prefer it or link to your site.  I have tons of those labels.  Here is the link to them:  Let me know how I can help you further...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/193217353/tiny-mini-valentine-red-foil-strung-tags 
 
Thank you for the email and photo, you made my day!

Kennedy from JunkDrawerandMore on Etsy
 
Here is the photo she emailed!  Oh so cute!
 
 photo via Carol'sBlueGiraffe
 This cute 4" angel is available here
 
The red foil label tag adds a pop of color to her hair along with the stars!  Some of Carol's ornaments have the cutest little crochet hats too!

Here's one just in time for St Patrick's day!

photo via Carol'sBlueGiraffe
 This cute 3" beauty named Amarie is available here
 
Or perhaps a more subtle St Patrick's day gift for someone of an Edwardian lady, but still pinch proof green!
 
 photo via Carol'sBlueGiraffe
 This 3" Downtown Abbey inspired cutie is named Little Lady and is available here
 
Check out more of Carol'sBlueGiraffe Etsy shop because she has more cute ornaments for all occasions, crochet fashion accessories and amigurumi all handmade by her!

Saying Goodbye:  I have so many of these now, it's incredible!  It took me so long to find some this tiny that I can't remember how I was going to use them, but now that I've had some time to think about it....the word, "surprise balls," popped into my head, so I'll have to go find my notes on project, "Surprise Balls."  It's probably on my list of what to put in them!
 
Tiny red foil label tags, available here

What I Learned:

1.   I have a lot of project ideas in my head and by the time I find all the supplies to make them, I can't remember how I was going to originally use them!  That could lead to a lot of hoarded arts and crafts supplies laying around!

2.  Even if I've written  down my projects, they seem to get lost in the shuffle and hustle and bustle of finding the supplies!  For example I've been looking for a small round starburst (like notary seal style, but smaller) and large oval scalloped paper punch for ages now!  Can't seem to find either one of them!

3.  I need to learn to use what I have! even if it sounds impossible at this moment!  Although I do seem to have a collection of tags!

 DIY spring or Easter tags, available here
or just plain simple large shipping tags, here

Thank you Carol of  Carol'sBlueGiraffe for not only letting me know how you are using the tiny red foil label tags, but for sending a photo too and for letting me write about it and link it to your shop!  Also for jogging my memory of how I'll be using the mini tags too!  Check out her shop here and her profile here and read the story (which I just love!) of how she named her shop, Carol'sBlueGiraffe.

Thank you Etsy for helping me make my dehoarding more enjoyable and fun by sending me Etsy buyers who send email stories with photos.  What a way to make my day!

Thank you readers from all over the world for supporting my  HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things !  Your support by visiting is much appreciated.
 
 Coroner toe tag drink markers, name place cards or invitations
to those that dare!  Available in 24 count here, or 100 count here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

My new dehoarding goal is to list something new weekly at each shop until I reach 200 at least three shops!  I have reached that goal at two shops! 

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily or weekly: HoarderRehab with 204 items, The Destiny of Things- 199 items , VintageToGoEasy - 200 items and now JunkDrawerAndMore - 192 items!  Maybe you'll find something to take home and share your story too!  Thanks for looking!
 

City Coroner sticker tags for name tags, invitations place cards, etc
Available here via JunkDrawerAndMore
 
Hoarder Rehab Tip #5:  What Motivates You?

I didn't know how important it was for me to find my greatest motivations until I started on this Hoarder Rehab journey.  In the classroom, I used to teach finding our "motivations" as a lesson, but never applied it to myself! Or maybe it's because my top #1 motivations isn't easily harnessed.

My greatest motivator is to work with someone, it really helps me to work with in tandem with someone to "just get me started" as in a up and running as in zoom zoom!  But I never found someone else who wanted to dehoard with me!

So I had rely on my next best motivating factor, which is rewards.  Yikes and that can be a vicious cycling revolving door with me as a recovering hoarder, but I have to use what works best for me, so it's usually "reward" foods and comfort foods or wish list items that I use to reward myself.

Now I know a pat on the back, round of applause or some other sort of self recognition is supposed to be enough, but it just doesn't work with me "yet" and even though I do use self praise and give myself lot of encouragement daily, if I use it as a reward, my dehoarding progress halts to a stand still, so to move forward I need that dangling carrot!

So as a recovering hoarder who wants to change my ways, I had to find out the best way to motivate myself!  What is yours?  I'd love to hear!

Read a list of rewards and more that might help you find your greatest motivation, here.

vintage hand stamped sun and moon tags, here or hand stamped Travel and Leisure, here Housewarming, house sitting, new home, moving tags, here
new baby, here

Related Stories:


2.  I make tags with washi tape too!  My Washi Tape Quilt Cards:  The Destiny of Things, Story #119  
3.  Twilight Zone Ask Swami Fortune Card Slips make great tags too, see and read here 


"Do it now, before later becomes never!"---Later and never used to happen to me a lot!

PS.  After many attempts, techless me gave up on how to uniform this posting to one font!  And Etsy is having problems with their new listing system and won't let me publish the listing of the tiny red tags that I updated for this posting, I just keep getting, "Categories can not be empty" error when I've filled it in several times.  Anyone know how to get around all that frustrating mess?

No comments:

Post a Comment