Monday, February 18, 2013

A Teacher Tooth Locket Story: The Destiny of Things, Story L

A Teacher Tooth Locket Story:  The Destiny of Things, Story L

Guess what I found in my feedback?  Yes, another story!!!!  Here is an example of a teacher going the extra mile, not just for her student, but for her student's family as well.  Kudos to all teachers out there!

Amy Rasmussen (rasmussen2133) says:

Our elementary school carries these necklaces and hands them out when a child loses a tooth at school. I noticed one day a lil girl was trying to pull her tooth out in the restroom so she could get a cool tooth necklace. I ordered some to share with her mother who has 4 children under the age of 6 to surprise them at home, instead of school. Thank you so much for the treasured find! 

How sweet is that story?  And it sounds like the little girl might not of been one of her students directly.... that's even more of an extra mile!  I love stories like this!  It makes collecting these stories instead of things, even more enjoyable!

Saying Good-bye:

1.  I think I'm finally and completely over my Meltdown.  Yeah!!!!  
 
Also, I am getting plenty of sleep now and although I wonder if I have the opposite problem of insomnia with over sleep or if I'm just catching up from my years of insomnia with long restful nights and several naps a day.  These naps are becoming more and more  irresistible, but I'm thankful for the sleep because it must be healthier than lack of it! 
 
At least with sleep, it's much easier to use my dehoarding tools, like remember my quotes, theme song, questions from destiny as infinity, like does this bring me closer or further away from my goals? and to visualize my goals and New Year Resolutions!

Although I am dehoarding much more slowly, at least I am still moving forward.

2.  As a matter of fact, I'm in such a better place with my HoarderRehab I'm thinking of having a sale!  Or if there is something you just love in the shop, make an offer!  I'll have to think about how to announce "a make an offer" sale or OBO (or best offer) sale at all three etsy shops, VintageToGoetsy, Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!
 
How many things can I let go now?  Will it continue to get easier with more practice?

What I Learned:

1.  It's a lot easier to dehoard with less stress and a whole lot more sleep!

2.  Simple stories shared from other etsyians help me to stay focused on dehoarding and keep me going!

3.  It's so nice to know that my tooth locket necklaces are having better lives with a family, so hopefully a handful of kids won't feel the need to pull out their teeth in the school bathroom!
 
4.  I've been having fun filling up each tooth locket with a heart or skull bead, a  few fortune slips and/or other small surprise!  They are still available here or here!

Thank you Amy for taking the time to get the tooth lockets for the family as a surprise and for taking the time to share your story with me!  I love it!  Thank you for going the extra mile for a little one with a loose tooth!

Thank you etsy for another connection and helping me disperse my hoard!

Thank you US, Vietnam, Canada, Germany, Algeria, Taiwan, Denmark and Malaysia for your company  through this weekend and joining me in my HoarderRehab adventure of The Destiny of Things!

Care to share your fond memories of losing a tooth?

No comments:

Post a Comment