Monday, December 28, 2020

PHOTO UPDATE Tiny People Shaped Shank Buttons aka Micro Weebles: The Destiny of Things, Story 573

PHOTO UPDATE Tiny People Shaped Shank Buttons aka Micro Weebles:  The Destiny of Things, Story 573

These cute children's clothes buttons went to a doll collector!  BEFORE: 

NOS shank buttons VTG cute pair hand painted wood Japan marked mini people shape tiny doll figurine collectible novelty quilter gift.  Available here, photo via Mending Ways

Here is the fun note I received:

they are adorable! perfect little painted dollhouse people, like micro weebles. love them. and seller sent a bunch of cutesy things that reminded me of prizes at playland at the beach, a wonderful sf amusement part that was sadly demolished decades ago. boo, hiss! anyway, this all is fun. packed creatively and shipped fast. 5 little people stars. thank you. :) edit. dec 22. in photo by house.

I had to google micro weebles and they are little roly poly toy people!  I wish these were roly poly, but they make the cutest buttons!  I have a couple saved for myself to use as needle book or childhoos journal closures.  Thank you Sillhouette aka Catlady for sharing your fun story, more of her story below!

UPDATE PHOTO:

Love her doll collection!  All are ready for Christmas!  You can see the wee doll buttons over by the colorful homes!

Here is more of her story:

i'm an artist so you do understand. i'm collecting kitsch, both retro and real vintage, to decorate with this year. ornaments and dolls don't die of covid. i lost a close friend in may and i'm focusing on doll repairing and crafting now. i miss my 60's childhood very much. sillhouette   ps. if any don't stand but look good i can find a way to prop them if i need to.

And here is what I wrote back:

Hi again, We have added the photos you requested to the listing. Kindly reminder that button set #3, the girl does not have a shank to use as a button and they are tiny, see photo 6 with rulers for size reference. My condolences on the loss of your friend and missing your 60s childhood. I'm a 60s child too and we also take care of feral cats. I hope repairing dolls and crafting help you on your healing journey. Let me know if you have any other questions, Kennedy
www.etsy.com/listing/745968856/nos-shank-buttons-vtg-cute-pair
 

Here is how wee tiny these doll shaped buttons are!

These are about 1 inch tall by 1/2 inch wide! and have a shank on the back, available here, photo via Mending Ways 

Saying Goodbye:   I ordered a large supply of these because it was less expensive per button.  I have put mine aside to use as needle book and journal closures.  Also I have a couple of children's clothes or doll clothes that need mending and buttons!  Lots of fun projects to start for 2021!


In case, anyone wants to see their shank on the back, available here, photo via Mending Ways 

What I Learned:

1.  I have too many projects rolling around in my head and not enough time or inclination to even start them!  But I do have enough time and energy to buy all the supplies for them!  I guess that's my insight to hoarding for the day!  I wonder what that means and how I can channel it into something more productive!  Time to put on my thinking cap!

2.  I'm still in a creative rut, but at least last weekend I started to mend again.  I mended my Roxy tank top, a sheet bedding and my white gauze summer shirt.  I've been mending my gauze summer shirt for 7 years or so now and our coral sheet for the past 2 years.  I'll be working on the sheet for the rest of the week.

3.  Been writing down my 2021 New Year's Resolutions too!  I want to start gardening, which means less Etsy shop stuff and enjoying the sun and soil more.  I've been cleaning and organizing all my mixed media collage and textile art supplies and it's another hoard's worth!  And I'm still patiently waiting for some of my retail therapy to arrive from the beginning of December!

Since the winter holidays are almost over, I think my buying spree is over or has lessened too.  Besides the postal service is on overload, I think everyone can use a break, especially them.  Christmas barely felt like Christmas with all the lock downs, gifts through the mail, instead of giving in person, etc!  

Many last minute Etsy Christmas buyers must have been stressed due to very, well, I don't really want to say.....And just when I thought the Christmas spirit had died of covid on Etsy, I received two emails wishing me Happy Holidays with kind undemanding words full of the Christmas spirit!  This is one of them!  I am so thankful that Christmas spirit is alive and well!

Anyone out there want to share their 2021 New Year's Resolutions? Do people even write them down anymore?  I kinda feel like I'm the only one because no one I know does anymore!

Doll buttons available here, photo via Mending Ways, but not the chair or the pink tree.

Thank you kind Etsy buyers for letting me know that the Christmas spirit is still alive and well!  Thank you Sillouhette aka Catlady for sending a photo of Christmas cheer!  During a much needed time!  I'd love to see more of your art and doll refurbishing!

The two days before Christmas and after til today, sales were crazy!  I could barely keep up with them.  I'm going to relax and de stress from Etsy for awhile now, I have never been so happy to take a break!  It's raining over here, so I think I'll mend and listen to the rain falling for the rest of the day, unless I feel like doing something else!

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard: HoarderRehab with 177 items, The Destiny of Things- 170 items, VintageToGoEasy - 163 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 172 items.   And now, Mending Ways with 64 items!    Many of my textile art patches have found new "forever" homes. I need to make so many more.  I am immensely grateful, thank you all who are supporting my alternative to hoarding! 

Keep in mind, we ship out promptly every Mon, Wed and Fri, unless it's a holiday, and get orders ready the day before around 1pm, PST, after payment has cleared.  Due to USPS being overloaded with packages and less availability of postal workers due to the impact of covid, please check your local postal service because every state and country seem to have different and changing covid regulations.

Maybe you'll find something and give it new life and a new home!  All pleasant lookieloos are appreciated!

 The two cuties will arrive in a plastic capsule, just like they just came out of a toy gumball machine!  Available here, photo via Mending Ways

Happy New Year 2021!  Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!

No comments:

Post a Comment