Thursday, December 24, 2020

Mini Porcelain Doe Eyed Baby Deer for Yearly Christmas Winter Scenes, The Destiny of Things, Story 572

Mini Porcelain Baby Deer for Yearly Christmas Winter Scenes, The Destiny of Things, Story 572

I'd like to do something like that every year!

She's the deer on the left with the sticker on it and I'm going to call her Queenie for now.  I used to have a hoard/herd of deer like these, but I think they all sold or all I have left are the plastic ones like these.  I'll have to go hoard diving again!  Photo via HoarderRehab.

If it wasn't for my old school monthly pocket calendar, I would have completely forgotten this story because she was ordered around last July! for this month, December.

Here is the note I received:

Thank you for this sweet little deer! I love it๐Ÿ’• I will be using him in my Christmas village scene every December. It was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for the sweet personal note, I am keeping it. Good luck in any endeavors! 

I am so thankful little queenie has found a "forever" home and will be displayed every year in a Christmas village scene!  I wish I was organized enough to do that!  I'll make it one of my New Year's Resolutions for 2021!  Thank you Etsy buyer for the motivation and inspiration!

Here is Queenie and her sister, I think they might be twins and Queenie is the older one, since her sister, Princess isn't up and walking quite yet!  Both have found "forever" homes!  Thank you Etsy buyers!

Here is the story from Princess's buyer:

Sweet as can be vintage ceramic fawn deer arrived quickly, packaged with care, just as described, a perfect addition to our growing deer family, awesome e-mail communication related to delivery dates, will visit again.

Happy to hear she went to a growing deer family collection!

Photo via HoarderRehab

 

Saying Goodbye:  Much of my hoard used to be so painful, stressful and emotional to let go of, but not anymore!  It took over 5 years of hundreds of items finding "forever" homes and facing and exploring the pain, stress and upheaval of emotions to finally change my thinking to being thankful.  And find other things to hoard!

What I Learned:

1.  I'm hoarding a lot less, but during times of stress, I do pick up the pace!  I've always gotten what I call the "dreads" during the winter holidays and I end up hoarding tons to release the stress of it.  This year is different, I haven't had the "dreads" at all and I'm still hoarding during this time, but I'm hoarding less.

I used to buy a lot of boro from Japan and antique fabrics and lace from the UK and Canada, but since shipping regulations and higher shipping rates have changed for many countries due to covid, I don't buy from International anymore.  This has really helped me change and realize how much I order!

I have a new interest in antique fabrics and quilts and have been hoarding that now!  However, I'm in a creative slump, it's been over a month and counting.  I was buying stuff left and right hoping it would spark and inspire me back into stitching, but it did not.  

Textiles were piling up with no where to go, so I've been doing my best to really think about what I buy.  I have learned I have true remarkable difficulties passing up a bargain, if it's a bargain I can instantly think of some way to use it and it goes in my cart.  If something sings joy in my heart, I usually can't pass it up and most of time, I get fixated on it and even though it may take weeks or months, it will end up in my cart!  And if it's sold to someone else, I experience out of control FOMO, fear of missing out!  And hunt down the next best thing or sometimes better and it ends up in my cart!  STOP all that craziness, I say!

These deers in resin are cute and larger than the porcelain ones, but they did come with a bunch of other porcelain animal families!  Available here.  Photo via VintageToGoEasy 

 2.  To stop or at least slow myself down, I've been gently pounding in my head to "clean and organize," but this only works for some time because I am motivated by rewards, so after a set point of time, only my body knows, it will tell me, it's time for a reward and buy something! or eat something special, so it's back to stuffing my face or stuffing my house!  Guess which ones wins!  Sometimes, both!

Well, at least I'm more conscious of what I'm doing and why I'm doing it.  I've tried other rewards, but they don't work YET, and my other motivating factors are team work and support groups.  I wish I knew another hoarder or someone else who needs to clean up or could go to a support group near me, but I haven't found either and with covid, I think I might be on my own for awhile longer.  Honestly, I haven't been very active in finding a support group, so maybe I'll put that on my list for New Year's Resolutions!

3.  I'm thinking of moving any new Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things stories to instagram, maybe that's easier to use than this new blog format and then I won't write so much, I guess I'll explore and see if I can navigate through that too!  Add that to my NYR 2021!

What's on your list of New Year's Resolutions for 2021?  I'm still writing mine, which is a great start for me, since I usually don't get them done til March, I'm early this year!  Yipee!  Plus this new year has GOT to better than 2020, right?  Knock on wood, liar liar pants on fire, cross my heart, saved by hair of my chinny chin chin!  Please excuse my OCD tendencies!

Leo the Lion Family, available here.  Photo via Hoarder Rehab

Thank you Etsy buyers for your "forever" home stories!  I just love them, they keep me on track with my own Hoarder Rehab and give me insight to my hoarder ways!  I can't thank you enough, in a BIG way, you are my support group! 

I expected sales to slow down after our Christmas cut off date of December 15, 2020, but we are still getting sales daily and even today, have 6-7 sales going out this Monday!  I hope they don't expect to get them for Christmas!  With covid, the USPS service must be so excessively overloaded with gifts to deliver, since no one in California is supposed to go out this holiday season and hopefully most of the other states are playing it safe and mailing their gifts instead of gathering to exchange them.

I know in our area, the postal service is working overtime because I feed the feral cats in the front yard at 8-9pm and usually every morning I find packages on our porch!  Thank you USPS and our postal person, you are so dedicated!  I need to put out hot cocoa and cookies for them, since Christmas feels so weird this year!

Etsy has been busy since March, the beginning of covid, sales have been pouring in and our old average of 24 sales a week soared to 36+ sales a week!  So much so, I've had to package everyday to keep up with shipments, instead of 3x week.  That's where I've been, instead of blogging.  

Then I began my journey of my alternative to hoarding, which was/is textile rag art and opened our fifth shop, Mending Ways and now I'm in a creative block and am just destashing any fabrics I will most likely not use or miss, which is really difficult for a recovering hoarder!

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard: HoarderRehab with 177 items, The Destiny of Things- 168 items, VintageToGoEasy - 161 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 174 items.   And now, Mending Ways with 62 items!    Many of my textile art patches have found new "forever" homes. I need to make somany more.  I am immensely grateful, thank you all who are supporting my alternative to hoarding!

Maybe you'll find something and give it new life and a new home!  All pleasant lookieloos are appreciated!
 
This lively made in Japan, Wales brand, happy kitten is available here.  Photo via Hoarder Rehab

Let's make 2021 as happy, smart and sweet as we can! like the kitten and spotted pony!

Sweet spotted pony has escaped from the circus, available here.  Photo via
The Destiny of Thing

Happy Holidays, Feliz Navidad, and Happy New Year 2021!  Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!

No comments:

Post a Comment