Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Pom Pom Tinsel & Capsule Earrings from Etsy Shop Owner: The Destiny of Things, Story 504

Pom Pom Tinsel & Capsule Earrings from Etsy Shop Owner:  The Destiny of Things, Story 504

Such cuteness and not boring!  BEFORE:

Large 1 inch pom poms with iridescent tinsel in spring color mix or dark color mix, available here
I had a whole hoard of these, but most have sold out!

I'm always curious about the new lives of my hoard, especially with these pom poms and wondering if they end up as cat toys or earrings.  I got courageous and asked and she said earrings and even sent a photo of them!  They are really cute and the capsule ones with pom poms inside are so creative!

AFTER:

Cuteness overload and I love her branding!  Peach fuzz!
photo via PeachBeastShop

These aren't in her shop yet, but I'm sure she'll be adding them soon!  Everything in her shop is handmade!  How cool is that?

Pom pom capsule earrings, so creative cute, aren't they?
photo via PeachBeastShop

Saying Goodbye:  I'll be thankful when all the pom poms and capsules sell out!  I don't think we'll be restocking them, at least that's how I feel today.  Thankfully, we don't have many large pom poms left in stock, but I have a lot more smaller pom poms to list!  Pom pom hoarder! lol

What I Learned:

1.  Sometimes, it's good for me to show some courage and take a chance to reach out to others for inspiration and motivation.  Asking was way out of my comfort zone, but I do try every once in awhile and I got more than I asked for because she even sent photos!  And I can't stop saying it, "they are so cute and creative!"  Thank you PeachBeastShop for taking a chance on me!

2.  Also her orders, put the shop, JunkDrawerAndMore over the top of 2000 sales!  Thank you again, PeachBeastShop!  Yipee!  That's a huge milestone for us and I thank all the Etsy buyers how have helped us get to the 2000 mile mark and all together, we have sold over 4800 items of my hoard!

3.  Since my health is taking on a new direction for the better, I think the rest of my life will too!  Thanks to meditation that I've been practicing for about a year now and last January I found Ajahn Brahm from the Buddhist Society of Western Australia and his meditation videos have helped my body, soul and spirit, more than I can say!  Also, his book, "Who Ordered This Truckload of Dung?"

I look forward to finished his Mediation book, Mindfulness, Bliss and Beyond and starting his book, Don't Worry, Be Grumpy.  Ajahn Brahm has taught me so much from his meditation teachings for the past 3-4 months.  He's very funny and his stories are easily applicable to practice.  One of the first things I learned was Care vs Cure, meaning how much more important it is to care rather than to cure because "caring" will heal more than just the body.

Other books that have been helping me are A Course in Miracles, which I've been using daily, since last December, to change my old thinking ways, especially about my health and my hoarding.  It's a huge book, but I take my own little tiny baby steps with it and I am much more peaceful and joyful now.

Another book is "Healing and Recovery" by David R. Hawkins, MD, PhD.  His book(s) have helped me see between truth and falsehood and helped me identify and understand my emotions and the energy fields that go with them.  Now I can see why I used to be tired so much.

These are smaller ones, about 1/2 inch in size, and are available here

Thank you Etsy shop owner and buyer from PeachBeastShop for taking the time to take photos and send me your story!  I need some inspiration today because I feel like I'm a slow moving bump on a log!  or do they even move?  I feel like I'm stuck today!

Check out her shop, PeachBeastShop, it has all handmade items from stickers to jewelry to clothing with unique designs and I just love her saying, "perfect things are boring."  My favorite item in her shop is here.

I still feel like letting go of everything and starting all over, just not sure how to accomplish that and right now, don't have the energy to muster much.  Maybe I'll meditate for days, since I feel like hibernating.

Everyday is such an adventure dehoarding on Etsy!   I never know who I'll meet and I have met so many Etsy buyers who share their stories with me and every time I glean some insight about where my dehoarding journey is taking me.

Since my sciatica hip injury is healed, I started doing gentle yoga again.  I still don't feel confident about sitting on a standard chair or sitting in a car, so I mostly stand or I don't know why but I can sit down on my bed just fine!  Anyone out there know how that can be?

On all the shops, I've finished changing each listing from the last holiday to the next and it did take a lot of time, like an entire week.  I noticed that Etsy is changing it's categories to be more detailed and specific, but as they have done that, it also seems that they have taken away many of the holidays.

For example, under the jewelry category, if I use the more specific categories, like stacking rings, the only holidays to choose from that were upcoming were either Cinco de Mayo or Independence day.  If I wanted to use Mother's day for a holiday, I had to use the most general category of just "jewelry."  

So I am trying that on all the shops!  which is "daring" for me because I feel like I'm going against the stream and definitely won't be winning any popularity contests!  And who knows if I'm short cutting myself out of any Mother's day sales!  Only time will tell.

Thank you Etsy for the best Hoarder Rehab ever!  And for all the kind people I'm meeting who are helping me indirectly and directly in so many ways with my Hoarder Rehab!  

SALE 10 or 20 or 30 empty gumball prize toy capsules carnival circus table confetti pinata filler vintage retro style, available here
photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

I'm back to reaching my goal of 170 items per shop, instead of 175 per shop because stuff keeps selling or some seasonal items expired.  I am happy and thankful to say so many items are finding new lives and homes daily!  And I'm starting to think about what's next for me once all my hoard is gone!

Sales seem to be on a roller coaster.  Some of our shops are doing better than others and usually it's about the same.  It's someone's birthday this weekend, so even though lots of photos need to be taken, it might not happen, but I have plenty that need to be listed in my hoard of photos.

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed daily and/or weekly: HoarderRehab with 166 items, The Destiny of Things- 163 items, VintageToGoEasy - 171 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 169 items.    Wow!  I have a lot to do to make my new goal!

Maybe you'll find something and give it new life and a new home!  Thanks for looking!

Some of my loteria art cards sold this morning!  I am so thankful!  Tomorrow I'll make some more!  Order a custom order of these here or just wait til next week or the week after and these will be ready to ship.

Related Stories:  How others use these tinsel puff pom poms!

1.  Easy DIY Cat Toys with Mini Metallic Pom Poms:  The Destiny of Things, Story 502 and other ways to use them.

2.   Metallic Tinsel Pom Pom Puff Balls for Cats:  The Destiny of Things, Story 260

"Those who perceive and acknowledge that they have everything have no needs of any kind." -ACIM, this is where I am headed!

Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!

No comments:

Post a Comment