Thursday, June 3, 2021

UPDATE PHOTO Ultra Mini Metallic Tinsel Pom Poms for Squirrel Girl Project: The Destiny of Things, Story 579

UPDATE PHOTO Ultra Mini Metallic Tinsel Pom Poms for Squirrel Girl Project:  The Destiny of Things, Story 579

What an imagination!  I would have never thought to use them like this!  BEFORE:

 First she bought these!  1/2" to 3/4" mini metallic or iridescent tinsel pom pom balls in sets of 10 ore more, available here.  Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

I like to give something extra in each order, if I have any spares, and in hers I sent her these even more ultra tiny mini metallic tinsel pom pom balls, as seen below:

These are even smaller!  About 1/2" or less, ultra tiny mini metallic tinsel pom poms in sets of 10, available here.  Photo via JunkDrawerAndMore

After she received her order, she wrote me and asked if she could order more ultra minis!  And she did!  Normally Etsy buyers use these as easy cat toys and just dump them on the floor for their cats to play, but this person did something totally different!  and I love it!

Here is the email I received and the "AFTER" update photo too!

Hi again Kennedy! Here's what I'm using the glitter balls for! When the new ones come I will add more of those... this figure is Jubilee from the X Men. Well, the original figure was Squirrel Girl, and I converted her into Jubilee. I don't know if you're familiar with this character. Her power is she emits powerful exploding plasma orbs from her hands. She calls them pafs. They sparkle and glitter, and I thought of cat glitter balls to use for them! I think it works! Please feel free to put this and the photo anywhere you want, on your blog or whatever. Thanks again!

AFTER:

Photo via Creative Etsy Buyer.  So cool!!! Thank you!

What I Learned:

1.  I still learn something new everyday!  And this Etsy buyer's project is one of them!  I love how the pafs match her outfit.  I like the name Squirrel Girl better than Jubilee and love the squirrels in the photos helping her.  Squirrels must be her totem animal.  As you can tell, I don't know much about X-Men characters or even to call them comics or anime or?

2.   I've been working on our garden lately.  All these years I've called it "Our Garden of WeEden," but this year it's turning into something more.  We've been composting the ground for several years now, it's still rocky and clayish, but much better now.  Enough so that corn, beans, ash gourd, potato, kale, cilantro, collard greens, cherry tomato, jalapeno, shishito peppers, cucumbers,  swiss chard, cat grass and much more are taking over the front and back.  Many of them are volunteers!

What new projects have you started since covid?  I've been doing more cleaning and organizing of all my craft and textile art.  And of course, weeding!  I need to go back to walking.

                     If you need plain pom pom balls of 1/2" to 3/4," they are available starting from sets of 10 or more here.   Photo via The Destiny of Things

Saying Goodbye:  I am happy to see these find "forever" homes!  They used to be very difficult to find when I was teaching, but now I can find them.  Although, lately I can not find the iridescent tinsel ones, so write now we only have a couple of backs left and then we'll be out of stock for who knows how long.

We only have a couple of these available in sets of 50, they are about 3/4" size iridescent tinsel pom poms, available here.  The 50 count is what is showing in the photo.  After these sell out, I'm not sure if we'll be able to re stock them again.  Photo via Hoarder Rehab

Thank you Etsy buyer for sharing your inspiring story!  It has motivated me to list more pom poms in all the different sizes I've saved over the years!  I wish I could be a fly on the wall and see all your hand made characters!  Thanks again for the motivation and your kindness.

Sales were crazy during Memorial weekend and today we've had one sale, so here I am!  I power listed again this week and now I'm done with new listing too!  On to stitching!

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard: HoarderRehab with 172 items, The Destiny of Things- 154 items, VintageToGoEasy - 163 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 168 items.   And now, Mending Ways with 77 items!  My new goal is to list 170 items on each shop and to keep 70 on Mending Ways.  I am immensely grateful, thank you all who are supporting my alternative to hoarding!

Maybe you'll find something and give it new life and a new home!  All pleasant lookieloos are appreciated!
 
1.0 inch Metallic tinsel pom poms in sets of 10 or more, available here.  
Photo via VintageToGoEasy

"The most authentic things about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love and to be greater than our suffering." ---Ben Okri

Thank you readers for your visit and support from my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things!

No comments:

Post a Comment