Friday, October 30, 2020

Halloween Day of the Dead Penny Doll Frozen Charlotte in a Coffin: The Destiny of Things, Story 570

Halloween Day of the Dead Penny Doll Frozen Charlotte in a Coffin:  The Destiny of Things, Story 570

Spooky or cute?  My vote is cute!

Coffin doll with spider and web, available here.
   
                                                      Photo via The Destiny of Things

Here is the email I received last March!

Just as pictured, thank you. Will save this Frozen Charlotte for my granddaughter Charlotte for Halloween this year. Thank you for listing it.

Not sure, if I could wait that long or remember to save it for Halloween, but I'm sure this Grandmother has!  Wish I could be a fly on the wall, when it's opened!

Saying Goodbye:  I used to have a lot of these plastic coffins and a collection of penny dolls or Frozen Charlotte dolls! Not sure which term is correct.  Seems appropriate for a Frozen Charlotte to end up in a coffin!

Coffin doll with spider and web, available here.
   

  Photo via The Destiny of Things.

What I Learned:

1.  Having a difficult time in blogland again, still not used to how any of the new format works, see above caption to photos! and my computer has been acting up with several major keys that stick, like: e, o, h and n.  They have to be hit with great force to be seen.  Feels like piano exercises!  Going to get this done despite the trivial annoyances!

2.  I only have a couple of coffin boxes left.  I found them several years ago as candy boxes and have not been able to find anymore.  They hold most penny dolls quite well, along with beads and buttons!

3.  I took a somewhat of an Etsy vacation.  I kept all the shops open, but just did packaging and relisting and nothing else.  Instead I got to sleep in as late as I wanted, read all I wanted, caught up with a couple of shows and movies I wanted to binge watch and got all my Christmas shopping done.  I feel so much better, almost human and am ready to get back to Etsyland!

4.  These would also be good for November 1 for Day of the Dead or dia de muertos or All Souls Day, which is the celebration of ancestors.   The annual Mexican celebration, Día de Muertos (Day of the Dead), is a time when families gather to honor and remember deceased loved ones. It is believed that the souls of the dead return to visit the living families in homes, businesses and cemeteries.  This is a joyful festivity for families and the community and lasts from Nov 1 to Nov 2.

Are the coffin dolls cute or scary to you?  One buyer said she love hers because she took hers to work as a desk ornament and no one bothered here all day!  I think they cuteness overload for Halloween.  I love to spread the cotton webbing around the doll like shroud, while the doll looks on clutching her cute pet surrounded by spiders!  What a fun little vignette!

More coffin dolls with moveable arms.  I have since found more spiders and cotton webs in my hoard of hoards, so let me know if you want that included and I will for you!  Available here.  Photo via The Destiny of Things.
 
Thank you Etsy buyer for sharing your story and I would love to know how your granddaughter loved her coffin penny doll for Halloween!  I hope you are both happy and having a booeatiful All Hallow's Evening!

Maybe you'd prefer a cute rodeo girl with a red cowgirl hat!  Available here.  Photo via The Destiny of Things

As I said before, I've enjoyed my Etsy vacation, so I'm ready to start new listing again and to get ready for the winter holiday crowds this year!  I spent most of yesterday sorting cocktail animal and mermaids by color and by figurine, so I'm ready!

Sales are still holding at our old average, which is a nicer speed for me because I don't need to package up orders everyday to keep up with Mon, Wed and Fri shipments.  It should be interesting to see what the Thanksgiving to Christmas crowds will do this year!  

 Parties do seem to be down to about 30.  When we first started to sell cocktail drink toppers we would sell them in the 100s and beyond, but now we are lucky to get an order of 50.  Actually our largest orders for party favor type stuff is from 10-30, so the celebrations are smaller.  I hope everyone is keeping safe and well!

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard: HoarderRehab with 183 items, The Destiny of Things- 171 items, VintageToGoEasy - 160 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 184 items.   And now, Mending Ways with 62 items!    Many of my textile art patches have found new "forever" homes. I need to make somany more.  I am immensely grateful, thank you all who are supporting my alternative to hoarding!

Maybe you'll find something and give it new life and a new home!  All pleasant lookieloos are appreciated!
 
A sample of cocktail drink toppers of animals and mermaids, available here.  Photo via

VintageToGoEasy.
 
Happy Halloween and Feliz de Day of the Dead!  Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!

No comments:

Post a Comment