Friday, March 13, 2020

Leather Wallet Textile Patch Storage Book: The Destiny of Things, Story 555

Leather Wallet Textile Patch Storage Book:  Mending Ways, Story 11

OH GOODNESS!!! An Etsy buyer has the most creative way to store mending patches!  Closed:
This is a loose stacked patch, meaning it's just tack stitched at each corner, so it can be easily taken a part and used for small patches and then embroidered over.
Photo via Etsy buyer

This looks like a regular lovely time worn vintage leather wallet, but wait, open it and look at all the compartments!  It's like an instant leather junk journal!  And I feel so overjoyed that this wallet is just for all my patches!  They all have a special place!

OPEN:
Want, want!  Where is the jealous button!
Photo via Etsy buyer

And what's inside?  Let's go take a looksee!

It holds many of my textile art patches she has ordered from me, over the years, similar evil eye protection heart ones, here, a tiny little book of Japanese boro scraps, here.
Photo via kind Etsy buyer

 This little wallet holds a lot!  She said it has 24 of my patches, plus several pieces of scrap fabrics I've wrapped her orders in or thought she might like to use one day.  We both love tattered, frayed and time worn cloth of any type!  Scrap photos below:

She's been working on patching a sweater from a photo we both happen to be inspired with, I can't find her patched sweater photo, but I could find the sweater that brings us both inspiration!

I sent her scraps, from the photo above this one, to patch up her sweater, like the one in the photo.  And I'm looking for a sweater in my hoard to patch up too!

Okay, so that's another story! 

 This Etsy buyer has generously supported me and my textile art patches through the years.  The top patch is one I personalized for her with her initial and she was one of the first to order one of my mandala patches!  More mandala patches, available here.

 Here is a scribble doodle patch peaking out and the tiny Japanese boro textile scrap book, here.
She requested a scribble doodle patch that had already sold, so I did my best to recreate it.



 It took me around 20 tries to make it look like the one she requested and oh what fun, it was with all of them!  But that's another story!  Scribble doodle patches, available here and here!
photo via Hoarder Rehab

Below is the latest patch she ordered and I think it's going on her screen collection!  She has this screen divider in her house and she has added a lot of different textile art collages and I think she has about 3-4 of my textile brooches on it already!  It's a very clever display because you can see both sides of all her textile art collages!  I have a photo somewhere!

 These are the latest patches she's ordered from my newer shop, Mending Ways.  There are a couple of blooming hearts still available here and lazy daisy sashiko katazome piece, you can barely see peeking out here

How do you store your textile art patches and other little scraps?  I've been trying to figure that out myself!  I need to see my scraps, otherwise, if it's in a cardboard box, it's "out of sight, out of mind" for me, so lately I've been trying different ways, but nothing as clever and fun as this wallet!

Right now I have a lot of my projects stored in either zip lock bags or old clear boxes from food containers and take out boxes.  I'll do a post on that one day!  Unless I find a more practical way to store them!

What I Learned:

1.  M has been one of my biggest supports of me and my textile art and now we've become friends!  She is such an inspiration and I need to get a move on posting all her stories of how she's been using my patches through the years!  Many thanks M for supporting my alternative to hoarding!

2.  Etsy buyers are one of my biggest inspirations of how many of my things are used.  Of course, I want to run out and buy a wallet like this one, but it looks like it would take a lot of time to find one like this and lately, I've been spending my patch money on more fabrics!  Crazy, right?  Like I don't have enough?  and then I end up using all the tiny pieces of scraps anyway!

Well, one day I do hope I can move on to larger textile art projects, but I'm slow moving in that arena!

3.  The time change is always a challenge for my insomnia, but this year, it only seemed to bother me for a couple of days and I'm back to normal.  My health is back on the mend from a slight set back from food allergies and I've been back stitching too!

 M ordered all these patches but patch #7 and that's the one I transformed by using more scraps and adding her initials.  So now all of these are in her wallet storage book or on her pocket pants!  Read and see the photo update of her pants using the textile art patches here!
Photo via Hoarder Rehab

Thank you so much M for honoring my request from a friend, who wanted to know what a wallet storage book for patches looked like!  She is going to be amazed with your creative idea and your patch collection!  And it was so fun to see for myself too!  I love how all my patches have a heartfelt space of their own and it's inspiring me to figure out how to organize all my boro scraps!

Thank you for always emailing with your latest projects, simple and complicated.  I enjoy everyone of them and I also love to see how you decorate your home with all your art projects!  Keep them coming!

Here are some patches like the one's of M's.  There are 4 available here.
Photo via Hoarder Rehab

I'm working daily to add new listings to reach my goal of 185-190 listed items per shop.  Thankfully hoard keeps finding new "forever" homes!  Thank you Etsy buyers! 

My goal for our new shop, Mending Ways was 24 listed items and then 32, so now my new listing goal for that shop is 40 listings total!  I have at one new stitched pocket on a up-cycled top to finish listing.  Plus 2 more batches of patches to list also.

Click on the shop names to visit new hoard listed weekly: HoarderRehab with 185 items, The Destiny of Things- 180 items, VintageToGoEasy - 177 items and JunkDrawerAndMore - 181 items.   And now, Mending Ways with 35 items!   

Maybe you'll find something and give it new life and a new home!  All lookieloos are appreciated!
 Here are my latest listed patches, "Don't cry over spilled rice and making holes bigger."  Yes, some past and current drama in my life came up and I had to remind myself through stitching that I wouldn't even remember it after I finished these patches!  These patches have several layers, just like the memories of the past and a lot of spilled rice stab stitching sashiko with lots of room to add your own!  Available here
Photo via  Mending Ways

Related Stories:





4.  All my Mending Ways Creative Outlets Hoarding Alternative stories, here.



What has inspired you lately?  I'd love to know and if possible send some pix! hoarderrehab@gmail.com 
 Here is one of man of my latest works in progress!  I'd love to see yours!
Thank you readers from all over the world who continue to support my Hoarder Rehab and The Destiny of Things by taking part with your visits!  

No comments:

Post a Comment