Friday, September 6, 2013

Stage Protector Turquoise Native American Bracelet: The Destiny of Things, Story #110

Stage Protector Turquoise Native American Bracelet:  The Destiny of Things, Story #110

A "surprise" story and this one came with poetry!


Surprise! Surprise!  First surprise:  This is my first story that came with poetry.  The second surprise is that it's in haiku form!

Listing: www.etsy.com/listing/102878742/small-native-american-sterling-turquoise

You said you were collecting stories... I'm a writer of western poetry and stories, newly preparing to perform some of my poetry as cowboy songs, and I'd love to have this little bracelet... the almost exact mate to one I purchased some time ago, for my other wrist to help me feel more protected when I am on stage... I could do $00 if that might work for you... My thanks along with a few haiku from Tucson, Laramie...

Guadalupe’s eggs
And fried tortillas could make
A full growed man cry

No sound in the world
Like draggin’ spurs on a plank floor
The tired cowboy’s waltz

Knock the dust off a
Cowboy and what ya' have left
Is pintos and piss

Branding Iron Bar Room
Poker table posturing
And bad whiskey rhymes

Treasured letter falls
From even the worst man’s pocket
When he lays dyin’


Hi Laramie!!!! Hi again!

WOW! I love your story and especially your rockin' country haiku style cowboy poetry!!!! Although I love poetry, I'm not particularly taken with country and even less with cowboy, but your poem is heartfelt and truthful and to do it in haiku form and make it flow like a melody is a gift! It's simply goes straight to the heart with sounds, like spurs on plank floors in patterned rhythm, visuals, a letter falling out of a pocket and even smells, like Guadalupe's eggs cooking with homemade tortillas! Thanks for putting some new found appreciation cowboy in my life!

How long have you been writing to make it sound so delectable and easy? Do you have a book of poetry available? website?

Yes, you can have the bracelet for $00 so you can feel protected on stage. I am relieved to know it will have a home of honor, art and break a leg presence for you. Could I ask for a favor, since we are negotiating? I would love a picture of you wearing the bracelet with it's fraternal twin, perhaps on stage giving you extra strength? It would be for an update for my blog, as a recovering hoarder. It's such a peaceful relief knowing where some of my things go and seeing them in their new life gives me a sense of how I can turn my hoarding into a good thing as I figure out how to break my chains.

Sorry, this is so long, but it's such a happy surprise to find this email this blue morning and I'm so excited about it!

Let me know and I'll change the price for you, as well as reserve it.

YOUR NEW FAN!
~Kennedy at
www.etsy.com/shop/HoarderRehab
www.etsy.com/shop/thedestinyofthings
www.etsy.com/shop/vintagetogoetsy
www.etsy.com/pt/shop/JunkDrawerLoveEtsy

Read 100+ stories from Etsy buyers who help me stay focused on my HoarderRehab!

hoarderrehab.blogspot.com/


Laramie Crow wrote me back saying she'll send a picture of her wearing the twin bracelets on stage and that she's been writing for a life time!  She's also working on a website to share her poetry.  I look forward to both!

Her country rockin' cowboy haiku poetry really inspired me to keep an open mind about all forms and subjects!  It brought back memories too!

When I was in third grade my teacher encouraged me to write haikus.  In short, a haiku is a Japanese poem and is usually three lines of 17 syllables of 5 -7- 5.  Read more about here on wiki.  The longer version is the Tanka, both are excellent ways to introduce young students to poetry and syllables.

Anyways, my third grade teacher had me writing haikus and gave me a stack of index cards to write them on.  When I showed her that I was done, we sat together and took turns reading many out loud, then she nodded, looked on the backs and told me to write some more!  I loved my third grade teacher and writing haikus over and over was so fun!!!  I wish I had those 200 haikus now!


Saying Goodbye:  I couldn't resist the story with poetry with a promise of an update with photos.  Interesting how it became part of the negotiations.  Plus my -her- our bracelet has an almost identical twin on her other wrist!  That's just icing on the cake that I've gotta see!

Although I do miss my Native American jewelry collection very much in my heart.  My head and my body knows how allergic I am when I wear them, so instead there's a little joyous celebration in my heart knowing that it's going to be a "protector" bracelet for someone out there that I'm connected to in some small and big hearted ways!

I have said "goodbye" to all the bracelets shown on my wrist, except for one.  The largest sand cast one next to Laramie Crow's bracelet is still available and it's listed here at HoarderRehab.  Most of my Native American jewelry collection has sold, but the rest is here  and as a reminder to self, I have several more to list.  Just click on the highlighted links.

What I Learned:

1.  Although I still have insomnia and the California heat is compounding it, I don't miss my Native American jewelry as much as I used to or at least I can say that today.  It does seem that my insomnia influences my ups and downs and wishy washiness towards my attachment to my hoard, but how much, I still do not know.

2.  Now I know why I have a penchant for index cards and pick them up and down at office supply stores.  I used them through high school and college when I studied languages and other new vocabulary to memorize too!

Thank you Laramie Crow for inspiring me in so many different ways!  I think I know what to do with the next pack of index cards I find in my hoard!  Break a leg at your poetry reading and I look forward to an update with photos!

Thank you Etsy for all the connections to inspiring, motivating and kind Etsy buyers who's stories I've been receiving lately seem to be turning my hoard into a good thing!

Thank you US, China, Norway, UK, Germany, Mexico, Canada, Bahrain, Malaysia and Poland for your visits since Wednesday and taking part in my Hoarder RehabThe Destiny of Things!

Click on the shop names to visit my hoard listed daily: HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things and VintageToGoEtsy and now JunkDrawerLoveEtsy!  There are about 36 items listed on JunkDrawerLoveEtsy and will be listing 1-3 new things there daily and 1-2 items at the other shops!  Thanks for looking!

What do you use as a symbol for mystical mysterious "protection" or good luck?  As a recovering hoarder I used to have many different "things", but now I'm using positive affirmations.

Related Stories: Click on the highlighted words to get you there!

1.  An Etsyian, Bianca bought my Native American jewelry as a strength bracelet, here.  And see what used to be some of the rest of my Native American bracelet collection.
 
Most Read Story of the Week:  More Cross Stories:  my cross collection has gone on to many jewelry makers and these are their stories.

Most Read Story of the Month and All Time Most Read Story:  My Louis Vuitton Collection the end of mine for the beginning of someone else.  The last piece of my LV collection, my 80s LV gold cornered wallet is available here at The Destiny of Things!

No comments:

Post a Comment