Friday, May 24, 2013

Sterling Grape Brooch: The Destiny of Things, Story LXXX

Sterling Grape Brooch:  The Destiny of Things, Story LXXX

It's always a pleasure getting a story from another Etsy shop owner!


An email with a story!

Hi Kennedy,

Greetings from another “collector” – as I describe my decades of acquisitions. Unfortunately, I haven’t succumbed to rehab yet, but have become more selective in my purchases. And, thanks to my Etsy shop, I, too, have been able to pare back a bit by offering some of my vintage finds for others to enjoy.

I purchased this lovely silver grapes bunch brooch because of my love of wine (chardonnay!) and antique/vintage repousse sterling silver. As I said, I have become more selective in my purchases, and this one’s a keeper! Thanks again for offering it and for honoring my shipping request.

Best Regards,
converde


Saying Good-bye:  I was hoping this would go to a wine lover and it did!

It's very easy to let go of items now, especially ones I bought in memory of someone or an event.  I bought this grape brooch many years ago because it reminded me of my grandmother. She used to wear a round grape brooch with pearls for the grapes. Now I am keeping less things that remind me of her to sort out my hoarding ways. 

I have so many items that I've bought in the past, as a reminder of my Grandmother. Which I find a little odd now, since I already have many things from her.  So many in fact, that many have already sold.  I still have many gifts from her and souvenirs from her travels around the world, but really how many do I need?  Especially since I'm allergic to most metal jewelry.

What I Learned:

1.  Take it from another collector like converde, take my time and be more selective.  I don't know if I'll ever go back to collecting certain items again, but I definitely will do more window shopping if I do!

2.  I do hope to go back to crafting and art, another thing I noticed converde does with upcycling shirts into pillow covers, using the front of the shirts with buttons as the closure.  Click on the for "Punched Up Pillow Covers"

Crafting is such a good outlet for me and time just flies!  As soon as the chiropractor says I can go back to lifting heavier boxes, I'll be back in the second room rearranging boxes for more dehoarding and making room for art and music!

Thank you converde for supporting my HoarderRehab with an email and story!  Also, thank you for the inspiration of doing something crafty while recycling!  Not only does her shop, converde feature pillow covers, but also a variety of cool vintage items from her collections.  Click on the link, here!

Thank you Etsy for bringing me closer to my dream of a music art room, instead of unused hoard storage!  One item at a time has added up to over 280 items finding new lives and homes!  Thank you!

Thank you US, Russia, Germany, Ukraine and Venezuela for stopping by today and taking part in my HoarderRehabThe Destiny of Things!  Click on the links to see more hoard at VintageToGoetsy, HoarderRehab and The Destiny of Things!  Thank you!

Most Read Story This WeekChristmas Memories From Santa

Top Story of the Month and All Time FavoriteMy 80s Louis Vuitton Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment